Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
contif

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Whoa!  What a banner!  Fantastic job   It's so witty...  I hate that TK hasn't been on our screens very much - but hopefully he's been given a bit of a break after the SS Storyline and can spend that time with his family.  I'm counting the moments until he's back! 

tiffy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I flove the new banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am at work LMAO, and everyone thinks I have lost my mind.....Oh wait, they already think so....LOL

Thank you ladies!!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy, you are hilarious.  The banner is fantastic and so are you and Christy!!!
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
LOL Kathy that is too funny

Thanks

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Love the new banner.  And hooray...it did work!  Hope we don't have to circulate those milk cartons too often. 

Banner thanks to Monica.
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Hi Kathy.  Love the Banner but have to ask how did you come up with 193 lbs?

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Love the new banner Kathy, I have a confession to make, I've found him, he's here with me.!!! as I am old enough to be his Mother or Grandmother, we are just having tea.

Take care,
Enis

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2

193 lbs.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Love the new banner Kathy, I have a confession to make, I've found him, he's here with me.!!! as I am old enough to be his Mother or Grandmother, we are just having tea.

Take care,
Enis

And your hubby gave me a hard time for taking up all your space with videos. (g)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Thanks Kathy for that one.  I love when you guys keep supplying me with stuff to add to my great collection.  I don't have a lot of the old stuff pre Mrs Zach Slater.  So anything you can do to help me out is greatly appreciated.   Never have too many Zach clips.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
That's one creative banner! I love it--especially the fact that we get 5 different Zach pictures. You can never have too many of those. Thanks for the lovely view!!!

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.--Peter Ustinov
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:

Quote:

Take care,
Enis

And your hubby gave me a hard time for taking up all your space with videos. (g)

Kathy, thanks for the Zach Myrtle clip, 198 thats with your clothes on.

When we were at the Trinity, Thorsten asked Brian if he watched the show, Brian said no, but I've got enough pictures of you plastered all over the computer. Thorsten thought that was funny.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

SIGH.....

I think I just fell in love with Zach all over again.

I must say that I LOVE the hair in Kathy's video clip w/Myrtle.  YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY. I do dig the current waves and curls though.  Ah crap........I dig everything about the guy. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Take care,
Enis

When we were at the Trinity, Thorsten asked Brian if he watched the show, Brian said no, but I've got enough pictures of you plastered all over the computer. Thorsten thought that was funny.

Take care,
Enis

Enis, funny you should tell that story of your husband with Thorsten, because my husband would have said exactly the same thing about my computer.

Kathy and Christy your Banner is fabulous and so expresses our frustration.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  You sure proved it.

Barbara

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks for the new banner; it's awesome!!! 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
YOU have OUTDONE YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Awesome, Thank you!

You know what sucks, I WEIGH MORE THAN HIM!  Yes, I said it, my son says "Mom, you have no filter..what you think is what you say". Oh well, it's true, now I ain't sayin' HOW much more!   Hehehe  Love all the pix!

“I’m very intuitive, when I am not hallucinating.” - Janet Dillon
Emeraldax

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Le awesome.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

LOVE the new AWESOME banner too.Thank you Kathy.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

This banner is so HAWT!  Lovin' it!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwills605

You know what sucks, I WEIGH MORE THAN HIM!  Yes, I said it, my son says "Mom, you have no filter..what you think is what you say". Oh well, it's true, now I ain't sayin' HOW much more!   Hehehe  Love all the pix!

Mary,

You're killing me!!!

-Zachstruck

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachstruck

Quote:

Mary,

You're killing me!!!

-Zachstruck

The Good News is I am about as tall as he is too! Still it LOOKS MUCH BETTER ON HIM! 

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Take care,
Enis

Take care,
Enis

LOL Enis!  I think it's pretty funny too.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

LOOOOVVVVEEEE the new banner! I showed it to Lexy (aka "Lex") earlier and she said "oh wow, I'd drink a lot more milk if TK's picture was on the carton."  She also said her favorite was #1...no make that #3, errr, no...#2, maybe its #4 and #5, then "I can't make up my mind, they're all great." 

Thanks Fil!
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamom05

LOOOOVVVVEEEE the new banner! I showed it to Lexy (aka "Lex") earlier and she said "oh wow, I'd drink a lot more milk if TK's picture was on the carton." She also said her favorite was #1...no make that #3, errr, no...#2, maybe its #4 and #5, then "I can't make up my mind, they're all great."

I'm glad she (and you all) liked it. Drink up, Lexy! Milk's good for you! Vitamin D and all that. I knocked this off while watching The View! I really didn't think tpday was going to be a Zach day -- but I left the TV on. Was I ever surprised when AMC started off with Zach.

Do any of you (of a certain age, ahem) remember the Herman's Hermits song No Milk Today? That kept going through my head while I was doing this, too.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Quote:

LOOOOVVVVEEEE the new banner! I showed it to Lexy (aka "Lex") earlier and she said "oh wow, I'd drink a lot more milk if TK's picture was on the carton." She also said her favorite was #1...no make that #3, errr, no...#2, maybe its #4 and #5, then "I can't make up my mind, they're all great."

I'm glad she (and you all) liked it. Drink up, Lexy! Milk's good for you! Vitamin D and all that. I knocked this off while watching The View! I really didn't think tpday was going to be a Zach day -- but I left the TV on. Was I ever surprised when AMC started off with Zach.

Do any of you (of a certain age, ahem) remember the Herman's Hermits song No Milk Today? That kept going through my head while I was doing this, too.

hehe She does drink a lot of milk for a 10 year old - so I thought it was funny when she said she'd drink more if the banner pics were on the milk carton. 

Sorry, I don't remember Herman's Hermits song.  And by a certain age, I don't think you meant Lexy, because I know all the shows she watches and characters she likes, besides Zach Slater, her all-time favorite.

Thanks Fil!
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Quote:

I do Kathy!  I was a Herman's Hermits fan!  Henry the 8th, I am I am!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

Thank you Kathy for that MAGNIFICENT banner!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2

193 lbs.

Thanks Kathy.  You are the TK historian. 
mdwills605

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #30 

Kathy, I AM of that certain age (ahem) and I don't know that song.  Peter Noone (Herman himself) was on Idol this week and sang "Kind of Hush". He sounded okay and looked old .. but who doesn't? He's gotta be over 60.

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

Yes Kathy, I remember Herman's Hermits, they're from Liverpool, we used to dance to their songs a lot, they were great for teaching the Jive and slow dancing. Now I'm getting nostalgic. Those were the days, carefree and fancy free.!!!!!!!

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 

Isn't this weird:  Last night I didn't know who Herman's Hermits was and today, driving home from work, I put on an oldie's station and my car radio has a feature that scrolls the name of the song and the artist, and it read:  Herman's Hermits:  Hush.  lol 

Thanks Fil!
Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 

Kathy and Christy your new banner is awesome and so great that all of a sudden we're getting more Zach scenes.  I guess your milk container  banner must have had an effect and they got the hint.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva

Kathy and Christy your new banner is awesome and so great that all of a sudden we're getting more Zach scenes.  I guess your milk container  banner must have had an effect and they got the hint.

I love this new BANNER!!!  Milk carton worked fast didn't it?? 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
The new banner is gorgeous!!!!!!!!

All my favorite people all in one place.   Thanks so much!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

luv_at_first_byte

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 

I didn't get the chance to tell you how brilliant the milk cartons were. Wooooo----I used to drink milk by the droves--until I became allergic to it.

I'm Henerie the 8th I am Henerie the 8th I am I am, I got married to the girl next door---she's been married 7 times before.  Ok  better stop now--cause I can't believe I am sitting here remembering all the words to this song. Hahahahahahaha-----I don't seem to recall the Milk song though---Now I have to look it up.

Fil

ETA---It's widow--not girl--came to me on the loo.--hehehehehe

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_at_first_byte

I'm Henerie the 8th I am Henerie the 8th I am I am, I got married to the girl next door---she's been married 7 times before.  Ok  better stop now--cause I can't believe I am sitting here remembering all the words to this song. Hahahahahahaha-----I don't seem to recall the Milk song though---Now I have to look it up.

Fil

ah oh we are in trouble now.  I can see it now a repeat of "Rockets in Flight".  Abby better get your movie maker ready.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #38 
OMG, that was one of my favorite Hermans Hermits songs because I loved the tune.  It seems a long stranger to me now than it did when I was 14.

The bottle stands forlorn....a symbol of the dawn.

Not too many pop songs about milkmen.

Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 

Kathy, I don't remember No Milk Today very well; but, When the Boys Meet the Girls is the first movie my parents dropped me off at the movie theater to see alone with my friends. (Pretty cool since we lived 17 miles out of town and I was 11 or 12 at the time!) And that was because Herman's Hermits were in it.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetwrangler

Kathy, I don't remember No Milk Today very well; but, When the Boys Meet the Girls is the first movie my parents dropped me off at the movie theater to see alone with my friends. (Pretty cool since we lived 17 miles out of town and I was 11 or 12 at the time!) And that was because Herman's Hermits were in it.

Lorene, I can relate to that so well...Christy's and my poor parents were always chauffeuring us and our friends around to movies (and concerts)! I found this clip from When the Boys Meet the Girls (which we never saw, but we did see the Hermits' own movie, Hold On, from that same era) on YouTube:

(How sad is it that over 40 years later I can still go down the line and tell you the name of each Hermit?)

I found a real strange clip on YouTube of No Milk Today. I'm really bummed because apparently there was one there of Herman's Hermits performing the song, but it was removed. But I found this one, which is the song set to some clips from The Nightmare Before Christmas! (Which is one of my favorite movies -- love Jack Skellington! -- but still...odd.)

I guess on Zachless days, we can sing, "No Zach today/He wasn't on today/My TV stands forlorn/A symbol of the Frons."

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 

Quote:

193 lbs.

I have become fixated on this vid, and I don't know why. I just love the way Myrtle is so blatantly smitten with Zach.  Myrtle is, after all, an old carny-gal, and recognizes "raw animal magnetism" when she sees it.  She is also a blatant flirt who will only stop flirting when they shovel the dirt over her...and I love that about her. (A trait I am proud to say that I share (oops...Did I say that outloud? LOL))

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Kathy, thank you for the trip down memory lane!  Ohh, those were some GOOD days for sure.  While I only knew Herman/Peter's name, I was the President of the Monkee's Fan Club.  When they came to perform here I met their plane, rode in their limo and sat in on a news conference! For a 13 year-old, pure heaven on earth!

They were all very sweet. At that age I was already 5 ft. 9 in. and OF COURSE I was in love with Davey Jones!  Fond memories though. When they left, I remember lying on my bed totally bereft, sobbing and refusing to eat. My Mom came in and told me how she had fainted at a Frank Sinatra concert! I guess some things never change.

Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Quote:

Lorene, I can relate to that so well...Christy's and my poor parents were always chauffeuring us and our friends around to movies (and concerts)! I found this clip from When the Boys Meet the Girls (which we never saw, but we did see the Hermits' own movie, Hold On, from that same era) on YouTube:

(How sad is it that over 40 years later I can still go down the line and tell you the name of each Hermit?)

I found a real strange clip on YouTube of No Milk Today. I'm really bummed because apparently there was one there of Herman's Hermits performing the song, but it was removed. But I found this one, which is the song set to some clips from The Nightmare Before Christmas! (Which is one of my favorite movies -- love Jack Skellington! -- but still...odd.)

I guess on Zachless days, we can sing, "No Zach today/He wasn't on today/My TV stands forlorn/A symbol of the Frons."

Thanks for both of those clips, Kathy! I don't know why I thought I didn't remember that song- I was singing most of it right along with the video. (Just needed a jump start , I guess.) And now I'll be singing your version every time I hear it.
P.S. I ended up on a computer research trip because the melody reminded me of another song that sounded like it might be in a minor key. Sure enough, Bus Stop by The Hollies and No MIlk Today were both written by the same guy, Graham Gouldman. (My mind works in very mysterious ways.)
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Kathy, thank you for the trip down memory lane! Ohh, those were some GOOD days for sure. While I only knew Herman/Peter's name, I was the President of the Monkee's Fan Club. When they came to perform here I met their plane, rode in their limo and sat in on a news conference! For a 13 year-old, pure heaven on earth!

They were all very sweet. At that age I was already 5 ft. 9 in. and OF COURSE I was in love with Davey Jones! Fond memories though. When they left, I remember lying on my bed totally bereft, sobbing and refusing to eat. My Mom came in and told me how she had fainted at a Frank Sinatra concert! I guess some things never change.

Whoa!!! That just boggles my mind and I'm feeling almost unbearable nostalgic twinges! I know this thread is getting completely off topic but I just gotta ask - how did you become their fan club president at the tender age of 13?

I never missed the Monkees' TV show, and I bought some of their albums, even though I wouldn't admit I was a fan of theirs or anything. Ha! I finally saw them in person - in 1986, when there were only 3 of them!

You must have really related to this!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

(How sad is it that over 40 years later I can still go down the line and tell you the name of each Hermit?)

Thanks for both of those clips, Kathy! I don't know why I thought I didn't remember that song- I was singing most of it right along with the video. (Just needed a jump start , I guess.) And now I'll be singing your version every time I hear it.
P.S. I ended up on a computer research trip because the melody reminded me of another song that sounded like it might be in a minor key. Sure enough, Bus Stop by The Hollies and No MIlk Today were both written by the same guy, Graham Gouldman. (My mind works in very mysterious ways.)

OMG, Graham Gouldman!

My favorite song of his ever, and still one of my fave songs after almost *sob* 42 years:

Nothing takes me back like the songs from 1966.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.