Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Today at 05:16 PMReply with quote#5

Well Hi.  I hope this finds us in a better mood than I have been in before.  This sucks. Sorry, this is how I feel. I must snap out of it. I dont know which its worse, now or later.
Anyway, will keep you informed as to my progress.  By the way, have been on the web everyday for two hours, just haven't said anything because I dont know what to say.
Love to you all.
Enis.

Hi, This is Brian.
Just a line to let you know what's happening.
Enis has been having some memory loss, not bad, but annoying!
Took her to see a  Neurologist on Monday6/14, He did some tests on which Enis did O.K.
Sent her for blood work & a cat scan on Tuesday to check for a minor stroke.We had just got home when he called. The cat scan showed a brain tumor!!!!! Enis went back for an enhanced MRI on Friday.Dr called us & said it seems to be slow growing as it didn't take up much of the dye.So that's a little good news.
He will call us back Monday to set an appointment with a surgeon.
Strange part is that apart from memory loss & some confusion She feels find.

Saw neuro-surgeon 6/14 he ordered a function MRI to see which parts of the brain were affected.

Met with the neuro-surgeon 7/6. He said that part of the tumor is very close to the parts of the brain that controls speech & movement.
He plans to remove most of it & decide if chemo or radiation will be required after surgery.
Enis should be in hospital 3 to 5 days, then may need therapy for speech or movement if she has problems.
He said as it is very slow growing tumor to go ahead with our cruise in August, will have surgery when we return.(8/27)
Not the best news but let's hope he can remove enough to stop future problems.
Brian

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Enis, I am so sorry to hear what you and Brian are going through.  But from the sounds of it, hopefully, it won't be as bad as it might seem right now.  Try VERY hard to look at the bright side (I know that is hard), but be positive, if you can.  The tumor is small and not really growing.  They can get it out.

Maybe this is God's way of telling you to slow down some and take it easy.

You know you have a ton of friends here that really care about you, even though some of us have not met you.  However, I really feel like I know ALL of you and I call you all my cyber family.

My thoughts and prayers and with you and your family, Enis.  Please let us know how you are doing.  And when you are feeling down . . . watch some clips . . . you know that will help make you feel better.

Take care . . . Love,

June

Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Enis, I don't post much on this board, but I lurk constantly, and I feel like I know you.  This is disheartening news, but please know that there are people out there like me who will be keeping very good thoughts for you, and will look forward to hearing news about your progress.

Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Enis and Brian,
 I am very sorry to hear about this. At least there is something that can be done for the tumor.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Lorene
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
{{{Enis and Brian}}}

I'm so sorry this is happening to you and I'm wishing you the very best.  There definitely is some good news in there to hang onto, and it sounds like your doctors know what they're doing.  I hope you have a relaxing cruise, and I'm pulling for you to come through the surgery as easily as possible.  Please keep us posted with updates when you can and much love to you.
Site Meter

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Enis and Brian, I'm so very sorry to learn that you two wonderful people got hit with this. Along with everyone else here, I'm sending my love and my most positive thoughts and prayers your way. It does sound like you're in very good hands with your doctor, and I'm really glad he advised you to go ahead with your cruise first. I'll echo Christy's statement that we're all pulling for you, and that we hope you'll have a chance to check in and update us whenever you can. Love to you both!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
(((Enis & Brian)))

I'm so sorry to hear you are going thru this health crisis.  You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers.  Please keep the faith and know you have all of us here pulling for you both and praying for a full and speedy recovery.   Try to enjoy your time on the cruise and please keep us posted.   Sending my love to the both of you! 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Enis,i am so sorry to hear about this.You will be in my thoughts&prayers everyday.I LOVE you and wish you the BEST.Thank you to Brian for letting us know. Yes,Enis you know we are all here for you always.Hang in there Big huge HUGS to you sweet lady.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
(((Enis and Brian)))

Please know that you're both in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.  It's encouraging to hear that this is a slow-growing tumor, and that your doctors seem to have a good plan for you.  I'm sending good thoughts your way, and will be anxious to hear updates of your progress.  We know that you're in good hands with Brian's care. 
God bless!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
Enis and Brian, I'm sending you both my most positive vibes and prayers.  SO glad you didn't just sit back and ignore symptoms and found the problem early enough to treat it! 

If you guys ever need to ask questions or need any help understanding what's going on (I know some docs don't spend enough time explaining things) PLEASE CALL ME.  If you don't have my number, email me and I'll send it to you.

Love to you both!

Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
So sorry to hear this. You two will be in my thoughts!   Jodi
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Enis & Brian, so sorry to hear this disturbing news, but as others have said, there is certainly a lot of positive things to take from it as well.  Try to hang onto that & know that you have many friends here who love you guys & are sending all our positive thoughts & prayers your way.  Enjoy your cruise in Aug & have a great time so you can come back ready to face this health crisis & put it behind you.  Wishing you all the best & please let us know how things are going when you can. 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Enis & Brian, Sad I was to hear your troubling news. (I am relatively new to this site) But I feel the love, and prayers that are warmly sent to you both, And I too wish to offer my sincere best wishes and positive thoughts, for Enis's swift recovery.
Mandy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Enis, I am so sorry to hear about this crisis.  Thank Goodness you went to the doctor quickly enough to check it out.  With today's medical advances, they will have you back to full health soon.  Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your loving husband Brian.

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Enis,

Wishing you all the best and a rapid recovery.   Enjoy your cruise. 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Enis, your cyper family will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prays for a speedy recovery.  As was said be,  try to enjoy your cruise and 8/27 will be a day that I will send many many extra prays your way. 

Purdue0612

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #17 

I am so so sorry to hear about what is happening to you! Please take care and recover quickly. My thoughts and prayers will be with you...

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. My thoughts will be with you in the coming months. I hope you can have a good time on your cruise and that your recovery after surgery will be quick and complete.

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
((((Enis and Brian))))
I am so sorry that you have to go through this but you are a strong lady and have a wonderful man to help you. You will come through this, stronger than ever.  I will be sending all my positive thoughts your way.
I love you girl.
Ann

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Please know that you will be in my prayers daily.  I know that God will be with you through all of this and will hear all our prayers.  Lean on Him. God is so Good. I too do not know you, but please know you are special to Him and all of us. God Bless.

Roseann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Enis & Brian...my thoughts and prayers and with you both.     Love and hugs for a speedy recovery.  

Roseann
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Enis and Brian - My thoughts and prayers are with you both - There is a lot of positive here and you seem to be in good hands - Enjoy the cruise and Your Family Here will be praying for the best - Love, Peggy

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Enis & Brian, I haven't been on the boards for about 10 days and got on late Thursday evening and read this message.   I know this is a scary time, and want to let you know that I have you in my thoughts and prayers everyday since Thursday and will continue.

If you ever want to talk, please feel free to call me as I'm off on a medical leave of absence right now and I have time to talk.    Please keep the faith and like I think Alina said you'll have all of us here pulling for you to a full and speedy recovery.

Love, Beverly

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #24 
I am sending positive thoughts your way-
God bless and guide those doctors.
Deb
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Thank you ladies for your wonderful messages.  I am feeling a lot better about my self.
I will definately keep you informed of my progress.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Thank you ladies for your wonderful messages.  I am feeling a lot better about my self.
I will definately keep you informed of my progress.

Take care,
Enis

Aww Enis i want to give you more big HUGS.Yes please keep us informed of your progress. We your second family as you know are here for you always. I said it before &will say it again your husband Brian is a keeper.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

{{{Enis and Brian}}} Sending you love, prayers and positive thoughts!! Enjoy your cruise and when you get back you'll be ready to conquer this challenge.  Much love to you both.

Thanks Mon
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

I'm so sorry to hear this! ((Enis & Brian))  Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Fil!
Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
{{{{{{{{{{{Enis and Brian}}}}}}

I haven't been reading the board too much lately so I was in total shock when I read this thread.  You have my love and my prayers that everything will turn out to be okay.  I'm glad that you're able to go on your cruise.  Please keep us informed and we all are thinking about you.

Love,
Selma

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #30 
I only know you from the posts I read here but have full confidence that everything will be OK and you are lucky to have each other and are able to draw on that strenght. I will think of you with positive thoughts and good wishes.
Good luck Brian and Enis and enjoy your trip. 

Megan
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Good luck Brian and Enis - Have a great time - Remember we are Family Here and we love you - Peggy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.