Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
There are a few I literally can NOT watch over again because he is in so much pain that I can't beat to watch.  Even now that I know the outcome would make him happier I just can't bring myself to watch the Thanksgiving Day scene, in 2005.  Well, the second half anyway.  I watch the first half many times, but after the kiss . . . when Kendall lays into him . . . I can't watch it.  I turn the clip off right after the kiss.

And the goodbye scene??  Forget it!!  I saw it once, and THAT was enough for me.

Are there any you can't bring yourself to watch again??

June

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
I think the hardest scene to watch is the one where Zach leaves a voice mail message for Myrtle, not knowing she had died...and the scene in the elevator after her memorial, and the scene where her pictures falls on the floor - all very, very painful to watch.

Site Meter

nurlenz

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 

My scene is when Ian was in the hospital and they thought he might die.  Zach sitting on the floor crying saying he couldn't bear to loose another son tears me up. 

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I know what you mean - I can watch all of them but some of them are so very sad - I still cannot believe that Disney/ABC was dumb enough to make this move and squander away so much for so little - There is nothing that could make this move a good idea - I will be happy to see TK again but Disney/ABC is not worthy of his talents - Look at all the great talent that went to Y & R, Colin, Levin, The Kids, David Canary, and now Eden - Any respect I had for Disney/ABC has continued to sink - All you have to do is look at the ratings and see what has happened without TK on the show - The bone they are throwing us is very little but I will watch only when TK is on - The only way they could fix this is to move back East - At this point that is too late - Peggy

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

There are many scenes that are painful to watch because Zach himself is in so much pain, but I would never NOT watch ANYTHING  that TK has done. Besides, he is so damn good at conveying those gut-wrenching feelings that those scenes have become some of my favorites.  I guess I'm a sucker for pain because I think he has done some of his best work with tears in his eyes and despair in his voice. He makes me feel so close to him, in a sympathetic and protective way. that I actually seek out these depressing scenes more than some of the happier ones. Maybe a need a shrink?

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah
 There are many scenes that are painful to watch because Zach himself is in so much pain, but I would never NOT watch ANYTHING  that TK has done. Besides, he is so damn good at conveying those gut-wrenching feelings that those scenes have become some of my favorites. 

pah, I agree with you about how good TK is in painful scenes, and I love how you say "I would never NOT watch ANYTHING  that TK has done".  I agree with Christy that the scenes she mentioned are very painful to watch, but I would never turn away from my screen or fast-forward during those scenes, I would just cry along with Zach!
But....... to answer June's question in all honesty, there are two things I can't watch again.  One being his "Goodbye" scene, because it just breaks my heart into million tiny little pieces.  And another thing I can't watch is......... The Rabid Rage Monkey's filthy fist making contact with the most beautiful face ever to appear on camera!  My cardiologist has strongly advised against witnessing such abuse

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

That's where I am, too.  TK is a master at his craft & makes me feel every tear & all of his pain, but there's still no possible way I could not watch!  He draws me in & takes me on his journey with him & it's an amazing ride- always.  I've shed many a tear along the way- but I treasure every minute!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Yes, count me with those that would never miss any Thorsten Kaye scene. No matter how painful or how sad some have made me, they are balanced out by all the pleasure I get from just seeing him on my tv screen.

Most of his scenes I have watched time and time again, but there is only two scenes that I can't watch like that and that is the "goodbye" scene and the scene in the elevator after Myrtle's memorial. The "goodbye" scene...I thought was the last time I would ever see him as Zach Slater, so it was too painful to watch more than once. And that scene in the elevator...was like watching someone in a very private moment mourn for their loved one. I saw Thorsten's heart there as well as Zach's and it was too painful to watch over again.

But searose, you brought up a very good point. I can't bear to watch anyone punch that gorgeous face either.
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
You know what else I can't watch . . . because it just brings my blood pressure to a boiling point??

The scene at Spikes birthday party when Ryan grabs Zach by the throat and Annie runs out like a freakin' banchie woman screaming.

I used to have a real hard time with some of the scenes after the Mardi Gras Ball, but I watched them last weekend.

I know what you mean about not being able to miss anything that TK does, but that one scene after the TG dinner . . . I just can't watch it.  Here, you have this man pour his heart and soul out and its gets handed back to him in the worse way!!

June

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

The last day (12/29/09) was the most difficult for me, saying goodbye! I have it saved on my dvr and clips from here but it will be a while before I can watch again.  Many, many tears flowed that day.

Thanks Mon
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

As I said before, I MUST watch any scene that Zach is in, but with more thought I have pin-pointed some that ARE very hard to watch.......the ones where Ryan sticks his nose into whatever is going on! So many times there is a perfectly ok scene in progress and then The Gross Unwatchable One shows up, and often Zach and I groan out loud together in disgust (LOL). I realize that any show needs friction, but for me it gets harder and harder to look at that smug face!  Of course right now it's not a problem since I'm not watching AMC until Zach comes home anyway.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I hope I'm clear in that I have NEVER missed a scene that Zach was in.  There are just a FEW that I can't bring my self to watch for a second time.

June

kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

I never go back and re-watch any scene where Ryass punches, insults, or otherwise abuses Zach.  Those scenes just make disgust me.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.