Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Antiquegirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Has anyone here read any of the books in the "Death" series by J.D. Robb? 

There are almost a couple of dozen titles like "Imitation in Death", "Glory in Death", "Seduction in Death", etc. etc.  They're actually pretty well written and I'm fussy about that.

They take place in New York City approximately fifty years from now.  The protagonist is a tough female police detective named Eve Dallas, who just happens to marry like the richest guy in the world.  His name is Roarke, he's of Irish descent, and owns a huge number of corporations.  He's described as tall, handsome, sexy and very romantic, with longish, wavy dark hair.  He usually ends up helping Dallas solve the crime.

I've read several from this series and every time Roarke shows up, I picture THORSTEN.  He is described to look, sound and act just like Zach (but richer!).

These books would actually make a good TV series.  The slightly futuristic details might be expensive, but changing it to current time wouldn't make much difference.  Each book could be condensed down to a one-hour episode. 

TK would be the quintessential Roarke.  And now that I think of it, Alicia would be a pretty good Eve Dallas.  Even the dynamics of Dallas and Roarke's relationship are similar to that of Kendall and Zach - lots of banter, arguments, deep love and good sex.  They each have major baggage from their childhoods.  There's actual depth to the characters.

The peripheral characters are interesting too, and would make good TV:  Dallas's loyal, female partner/subordinate and her computer-nerd boyfriend; Dallas's best friend - a cheerful but very eccentric rock star; and more.

The books have drama and mystery, but there are many lighter moments and some humor.  Robb (aka Nora Roberts) churns out about one a year of these.  If I were a producer in New York or Los Angeles, I'd get the funding to make this series starring TK and AM. 

It would be a riot! 

Thoughts?

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiquegirl

Has anyone here read any of the books in the "Death" series by J.D. Robb? 

There are almost a couple of dozen titles like "Imitation in Death", "Glory in Death", "Seduction in Death", etc. etc.  They're actually pretty well written and I'm fussy about that.

They take place in New York City approximately fifty years from now.  The protagonist is a tough female police detective named Eve Dallas, who just happens to marry like the richest guy in the world.  His name is Roarke, he's of Irish descent, and owns a huge number of corporations.  He's described as tall, handsome, sexy and very romantic, with longish, wavy dark hair.  He usually ends up helping Dallas solve the crime.

I've read several from this series and every time Roarke shows up, I picture THORSTEN.  He is described to look, sound and act just like Zach (but richer!).

These books would actually make a good TV series.  The slightly futuristic details might be expensive, but changing it to current time wouldn't make much difference.  Each book could be condensed down to a one-hour episode. 

TK would be the quintessential Roarke.  And now that I think of it, Alicia would be a pretty good Eve Dallas.  Even the dynamics of Dallas and Roarke's relationship are similar to that of Kendall and Zach - lots of banter, arguments, deep love and good sex.  They each have major baggage from their childhoods.  There's actual depth to the characters.

The peripheral characters are interesting too, and would make good TV:  Dallas's loyal, female partner/subordinate and her computer-nerd boyfriend; Dallas's best friend - a cheerful but very eccentric rock star; and more.

The books have drama and mystery, but there are many lighter moments and some humor.  Robb (aka Nora Roberts) churns out about one a year of these.  If I were a producer in New York or Los Angeles, I'd get the funding to make this series starring TK and AM. 

It would be a riot! 

Thoughts?

Antiguegirl, you are not the only one who has thought about Thorsten as Roarke, I see him everytime I read J.D. Robb, a number of the posters on this site think the same.

Take care,
Enis

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Woo hoo!  I may not be original, but at least I'm vindicated.  LOL.

Sorry, I just don't have enough time to read a lot of the previous posts, but I am so glad to hear others have read these books and thought of TK.

I regret that I missed the Thorndikes on Port Charles.  Did Patrick or Ian have an Irish accent?   TK really is a fine actor. 

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:

Woo hoo!  I may not be original, but at least I'm vindicated.  LOL.

Sorry, I just don't have enough time to read a lot of the previous posts, but I am so glad to hear others have read these books and thought of TK.

I regret that I missed the Thorndikes on Port Charles.  Did Patrick or Ian have an Irish accent?   TK really is a fine actor. 

That would be Thornharts.  They both had faint Irish accents, more pronounced when they got emotional.  Grainne had a broad Irish accent.

You can catch up on both characters in our video section.

Antiquegirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Ah.  So then Thorsten wouldn't even have to learn a new accent to play Roarke.  Perfect. 

Thanks, I will check out all the videos tomorrow.  I saw one tonight and it was wonderful.

Sorry about the name mix-up.  I KNEW it was Thornhart - my fingers just worked faster than my brain.

I was actually watching OLTL when Susan Haskell was on - just after the rape storyline, then I got too busy for anything except AMC.  So, unfortunately, I missed TK on there.
Donne

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Agree! Has anyone read Janet Evanovich? I think TK would make a great Ranger!!!!!!
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

OMG I can't believe you're saying this.  I read all of Nora Roberts and I think you are dead on.  In fact, there are quite a few books of hers that I can imagine TK in.  I cannot believe some of these prime time shows have not picked him up.

Antiquegirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 

I know I started this thread, but what's interesting is the conflict involved.  Although I would like to see TK achieve the fame and big bucks that a prime-time series would surely bring him, I really don't want him to leave AMC either.  Maybe cloning him would be the only solution.  Ahhh, just imagine the possibilities.

jpdp01

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I would like to see him do something else just to broaden his horizon but hopefully, he could stay at AMC  and do it.

Off the top of my head...don't know where the heck this came from but....as many probably know Regis is out with heart surgery on the "Live" show with former AMC girl Kelly Ripa...she will be having guest host for the next 6 weeks. I would love to see her do a week of AMC men as her guest host, ya know, Jackson (Walt Willey) would be good and of course, Thorsten would be GREAT. He just seems to be a prankster much like Kelly and can carry on a conversation and make the person feel important. Just a weird thought that just popped in my overcrowed mind of TK.

Antiquegirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdp01
I would like to see him do something else just to broaden his horizon but hopefully, he could stay at AMC  and do it.

Off the top of my head...don't know where the heck this came from but....as many probably know Regis is out with heart surgery on the "Live" show with former AMC girl Kelly Ripa...she will be having guest host for the next 6 weeks. I would love to see her do a week of AMC men as her guest host, ya know, Jackson (Walt Willey) would be good and of course, Thorsten would be GREAT. He just seems to be a prankster much like Kelly and can carry on a conversation and make the person feel important. Just a weird thought that just popped in my overcrowed mind of TK.

That's a great idea.  I've been watching R & K ever since Kelly started on there six years ago.  She's amazing!  But I kind of doubt she has that much say in who her co-hosts will be.  I hope she tries, though.   (I wonder why Kelly has never been back for a guest shot on AMC.)

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:

I know I started this thread, but what's interesting is the conflict involved.  Although I would like to see TK achieve the fame and big bucks that a prime-time series would surely bring him, I really don't want him to leave AMC either.  Maybe cloning him would be the only solution.  Ahhh, just imagine the possibilities.

Sky's the limit with this actor.  I would be perfectly willing to delete AMC from my DVR schedule and add something else that included him.  AMC doesn't mean as much to me as "Zach Slater" and Thorsten Kaye do. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachstruck

Sky's the limit with this actor.  I would be perfectly willing to delete AMC from my DVR schedule and add something else that included him.  AMC doesn't mean as much to me as "Zach Slater" and Thorsten Kaye do. 

I agree, without Thorsten AMC is history. 

I say that, but if there are some major changes (I'm not talking about TK right now.) I might stay.  But if everything were the same except no TK, I am out of there.

Granny 

Thanks, Sharon, for putting Zach and Kendall in my backyard. Thanks, Karen, for attaching this to my posts.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.