Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Best of the decade according to Soapnet.  I do agree with SOME of their picks, but annoyed as hell that the only time Zach is mentioned is in the "Best Couple" category,  I mean, starting with the very first one, Best Story (should be anything Zach), to Best Friendship (Nothing compares to Zyrtle), to Most Memorable Moment (again, should be anything Zach), I liked Leo, but can anyone even come close to Zach in the "best New Character" or whatever that category is?  And what about the best wedding?  Can anyone who has seen the Slaters' wedding # 2 aboard At Last vote for Jerica wedding?  And they completely ruined Most Endearing Lily by saying they "jumped for joy" when she found love with the bad-cut-out Jonboy   BTW, I LOVED their "Worst use of pancakes" one
Oh well, here is the link for all 35 of their picks with pics:

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/best-of-decade-all-my-children

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks, searose. I pretty much don't trust myself to post anything else! Except to add that I'm glad I have not watched Soapnet in so long I don't even have a clue what number it is on my channel lineup. HGTV, OTOH, is 165.(g)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

IA Searose some of their choices made me scratch my head and I've been watching this show a long time.   Jake as hero was another one that made me say Why.  Also the Kendall/Greenlee friendship wasn't a friendship at all.  I wonder sometimes if some network executive tells them who to name.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Kendall and Greenlee for the first "Best Friendship"?  Yeah, cause killing your "best friend," letting your hubby take the rap and then sleeping with your "best friend's" fiancee whose previous marriage you poisoned so he'd get with your "best friend" just to keep you from being tempted by him in order to "comfort" him is such a shining example of what "friendship"  means, sniff.

What a travesty.  It soooo should have been Zyrtle.

As for "Best Couple" Zach is the BEST CHARACTER.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I haven't been able to look yet, but is there a place to leave comments??

I'd love to give them a piece of my mind.

June

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Yes June, on Soapnet's site, every story has a comment section right below the story.  If it is multiple pages, comments would be on first page.  You can use your abc.com login/password.

Christy, you summed up Kenlee so well, LOL.  This whole set of picks is very Greens/Binks/Babe heavy.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
So, now they have the Best Villains Of The Decade list for all soaps.  I have never seen Passions, but looks like there are a lot of villains on that show. 

From AMC, The Toomah made the list (I say The Toomah, because they made sure to say that The Toomah made Jonboy commit those crimes!!!!!  I won't roll my eyes at that, because I could possibly not roll them as much as they are warranted here), along with Vanessa, David (mother and son is a strange combo for such category, but hell, they both belong there), and my favorite, Michael Cambias made the list.  Although I like RG too, I would rather watch Michael instead of ACS.  Damn, those scenes with Michael's ghost and Zach in the condo, I can watch "Listen To Your Heart" scenes a hundred times!  I wish they had given us more of Wm DeVry as Michael in flashbacks/ghost/whatever they could write for him.  Oh well, too late for anything now.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I finally got to leave a comment saying how shocked I was at their choices for "best" friends!!

I also told them that Zach Slater is the best character to ever grace any show.

June

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.