Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
michellelynne

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
WAs not sure where to post this link....AMC is going to be produced by a USA network production division.  Ths Division produces Royal Pains (which i think would be good for TK as well as it is filimed and produced in NY) 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/07/television-soaps-idUSN1E76618V20110707

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Michelle, thanks for the news.  Well, this is good news for those, if any, cast and crew members who will migrate to the on-line format.  If (and that's really a huge, doubtful IF) Mr. Kaye continues as Zach, I would watch the show any screen, any time.  Otherwise, it doesn't really matter to me whether they continue either of the shows.  Neither show is currently watchable.  They are "privileged to continue the legacy" and are "committed to delivering the story lines, characters and quality that audiences have come to love"?  Fronsie and his puppets certainly haven't honored the so-called legacy, so how can I expect the new network/producers to?  Undoing the damage of the last ten years is a tall order, IMO. 

Oh, and one more thing:  They better NOT think to recast Zach Slater, LOL.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
Is anyone having flashbacks to the cancellation by NBC, and the subsequent (very short-lived) picking up by DirecTV, of Passions? 'Cause I did. (g)

I dunno... I'm so used to watching ABC management let its soaps sink deeper and deeper into the quicksand and lifting a finger not to throw them a rope, but to throw them an anvil, that I can't really process the concept of another company coming along and trying to rescue them at this point.

I hope it's possible, but I'm doubtful. And of course, I also hope production takes place in NYC, I mean as long as I'm hoping...

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Kathy, I'm right with you especially if they are going to do this and to really want to make it work, they need to move production of AMC back to NYC.   

Beverly.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
    I don't know.....I'm leary of this whole idea.  I wonder how many existing cast members would still be involved.  If they don't film it in NYC, I doubt that TK would take part in it, and as Searose said, if Thorsten isn't there as Zach I would have absolutely NO interest in the show.  I presently have no access to the extra electronic gizmos that would be necessary to view  the new stuff anyway.  I want to hear more details as the info becomes available, but at this point I  can't get very worked up about this idea. .
mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Post by Searose : Michelle, thanks for the news.  Well, this is good news for those, if any, cast and crew members who will migrate to the on-line format.  If (and that's really a huge, doubtful IF) Mr. Kaye continues as Zach, I would watch the show any screen, any time.  Otherwise, it doesn't really matter to me whether they continue either of the shows.  Neither show is currently watchable.  They are "privileged to continue the legacy" and are "committed to delivering the story lines, characters and quality that audiences have come to love"?  Fronsie and his puppets certainly hasn't honored the so-called legacy, so how can I expect the new network/producers to?  Undoing the damage of the last ten years is a tall order, IMO. 

Oh, and one more thing:  They better NOT think to recast Zach Slater, LOL.

Totally agree!!
Ive always watched the Soaps online, due to being in the UK; via whatever means...just to see TK on screen!!....
The studio def. needs to be in NY if AMC wants to keep their best actor's?....Thorsten is the ONLY REASON why I have continued to watch the soaps since returning to Britain!!....If there is no chance of our MAHN TK continuing with AMC....Then there's no chance I will be either!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

ITA w/you all,But,always a but,lol.I am so happy to hear this news,i think it's a miracle this is happening.I would LOVE TK to stay on but i don't think he will as he only came back because AMC was ending. I LOVE him to pieces but if he didn't stay on i will still watch as i Loved the show way back when before TK was even on it.Ok,yes,it;s NOT the Best show&TK makes it SO MUCH BETTER and all but still love it and hard to Not watch.Hope i made some sense in what i am trying to say.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Mary, would you pay to watch AMC if TK weren't on it? (g)

That's one of the possibilities and I can't think of a more wrong-headed move. Putting content behind paywalls (like some of the newspapers I read on line have started to, i.e. charging for online subscriptions) is pretty controversial and subject to fail (the NYTimes tried it once for some of its content, gave up on it, is now trying it again, but still lets you read up to 20 articles a month free... but it's so easy to get around that). Plus... passwords spread. And it's so easy to capture online video to share with others. So it's not as if every individual who wants to watch, will each be paying for the privilege.

But I just can't see too many people being willing to pay to watch a show they previously watched for free, so I hope that if this gets off the ground (and I do, even if TK isn't on it, even though I won't be watching if he's not), but I am pessimistic given how it sounds like ABC plans to rob the licensee blind off the top), it won't be that way.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Just read on that AMC & OLTL will continue being made as "on line formats", and that most of the stars will continue with their current contracts. 

Does this mean TK will be remaining on the "show"?

The Power of One can change the World.
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Mary, would you pay to watch AMC if TK weren't on it? (g)

That's one of the possibilities and I can't think of a more wrong-headed move. Putting content behind paywalls (like some of the newspapers I read on line have started to, i.e. charging for online subscriptions) is pretty controversial and subject to fail (the NYTimes tried it once for some of its content, gave up on it, is now trying it again, but still lets you read up to 20 articles a month free... but it's so easy to get around that). Plus... passwords spread. And it's so easy to capture online video to share with others. So it's not as if every individual who wants to watch, will each be paying for the privilege.

But I just can't see too many people being willing to pay to watch a show they previously watched for free, so I hope that if this gets off the ground (and I do, even if TK isn't on it, even though I won't be watching if he's not), but I am pessimistic given how it sounds like ABC plans to rob the licensee blind off the top), it won't be that way.

Kathy, Nope.lol.Aww i didn't even think of this that maybe we  will have to pay to watch.As much as i love the show i don't want to have to pay to watch.Yeah,when we got to watch for free before.I have been hearing lots of people won't be able to watch online if they don't have internet and things.I SO want this to work out but  maybe they will lose lots of viewers.I really can't see Susan Lucci staying on and she is one of my favs on the show.

OH,i would PAY if TK was staying on. I would also Pay to post on here if you had us pay like some websites do,but you don't yay.lol.Kathy,Christy,&Gina can't say it enough THANKS for this AWESOME website,You are all the BEST.Big HUGS!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Well, I saw a promo last night on our local ABC station for the show that will take AMC slot and I kind of felt sad hearing "starting September 26"!

Then I thought about what the show has been like lately (I do catch bits and pieces, esp since I heard about Zach's return).  The Erica-wanna-be Jane, who has more than once said she decided to take Erica's place after she lost her daughter in a car crash asked Dr. Death to take her virginity away because she did not want JackAss to figure out that she wasn't really Erica!!!!!!!!!!!  Yeah, and even the brilliant doctor, before OR after obliging, in the nauseating dialogs that followed, did not ask how she could still be a virgin!!!!!!!!!!!  I did not hear the word "Adopted" or "inseminated" whenever the daughter was mentioned, may be it was mentioned in parts I did not watch, LOL.  Another example of how bad the show is, Dr. Death is hiding Dixie since...... probably since her supposed death by pancakes.  Is he a "world-renowned" cardiologist or is he a magician who hides PV women?  He kept Maria in hiding for years, he kept Greens away, but at least those bodies were not found.  Now he is hiding Dixie, and by keeping Jane's secret, he is hiding real Erica too!  Aren't the writers getting tired of the same thing?  Isn't VI getting tired of playing the same thing?  And then of course, Binks has again, fallen for a woman who has been straight and is now confused!  They have yet to come up with a partner for Binks who is not straight or confused.  May be they will, on the tiny screen

So, I guess I am not so sad about AMC ending its run.  I am just sad that there won't even be any hope to hold on to, for TK's brilliance as Zach returning again with new stories.  On September 23rd, I will really be saying Goodbye to my beloved Zach, and imagine him living happily ever after with...... at least Ian, since I don't know what will transpire between now and that date!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.