Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
AMC is infamous for rehashing stories, but recycled dialogs within a matter of days?  Erica told Greenlee that she had that "sense of entitlement", now Ryan said it today.  Erica told Greenlee that she had a giant chip on her shoulder, Ryan told Greenlee to brush that chip off her shoulder today.  While both statements were accurate, I just don't like Ryan repeating anything that others have said.  Heck, I just don't like Ryan uttering any words, but, I am not so lucky!

When Greenlee questioned why Zach has changed, Zach replied to Greenlee that he "became a father".  Today, Ryan said "I am a dad now" when Kendall asked why he couldn't stay a conman.  Yes, I too, wish that he was allowed to be a conman, but not behind a mask of St. Lavery.

Does anyone understand/agree with Ryan's "we owe her" line?  BTW, isn't that simple repeat of Greenlee whining "you owe me"?

And I have some other things really bugging me today.  When Greenlee said that Kendall did not love Zach, why wasn't Kendall allowed to say that she LOVED Zach even before Greenlee left?  And that, even if she didn't love Zach when they first married for business, it is a huge, life-altering fact that they fell madly in love, and they do love each other more than life itself.  And there should NEVER be a comparison of love that you have for your spouse, with the love you have for a supposed BFF of just a few months.  In real life, none of us would ever even put both in the same sentence.  Grr!

Did Kendall ever need Ryan's permission to let Zach be part of Spike's life?  Zach and Kendall are married, they live together, Zach takes care of Spike when Spike is sick and Daddy Ryan is busy chasing Annie's daughter (no one knew about Emma's "donor" back then, LOL).  He is, in social, cultural, legal, in every way that counts, the best step daddy to Spike, whether Ryan agreed or not.  AND IF IT WASN'T FOR ZACH, RYAN WOULD HAVE LET SPIKE DIE, SO HE COULD KISS ERICA'S TINY BEHIND BY SAVING KENDALL.  So how can Ryan say something like "you asked me to accept Zach as Spike's step dad" as if there is any comparison? 

Character assassination:  Kendall has never taken shit from anyone.  Yet, she is always made to fall at Ryan's feet, no matter what?  The asshole actually told Kendall to shut up or leave, and KENDALL COMPLIED?   Wish Zach was in the room when Ryan mouthed off those words.  Zach would have pulled Ryan's tongue out and put it in his hand for insulting his beloved wife like that.  At least, Kendall was allowed to finally leave sticking to her guns.

By God, some days I wish I would learn to skip AMC and just watch Zach clips, like some of you do.  I don't know whether all this stress worse for me or for Kendall's pregnancy, LOL.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Searose, your post is like reading my subconscious! There were so many WTF moments that my jaw is in a sling after hitting the ground so many times today! I had to look at the calendar to make sure it was still 2007 and that I hadn't entered a time slip back to the 2005 Summer of Sperm.

Of course, I already was completely bewildered as to how Kendall could even stand to be in the same room as Greenlee - then it dawned on me that this lawsuit (which I would have welcomed if it paved the way for what I really want) was nothing but a stupid plot trick. It's nothing but a contrived excuse to get Kendall, Greenlee and Ryass to be the lopsided dysfunctional triangle of AMC again. Because it was just soooo successful the first time.

And I literally laughed when Ryan said he changed because he was a Dad. No, he "changed" because he still wants Greenlee and that's what's behind all of this crap. In other words, he hasn't changed one iota. And when Kendall is with him and Greenlee she reverts right back to the doormat she was two years ago. Greenlee is nothing but the female version of Ryass. They both tried to take Kendall's baby away from her and their idea of friendship is ordering her around. But she lets them.

She was so upset yesterday yet she refused to let Zach step in when he wanted to - after she basically accused him of causing this whole situation, she goes to work! Just how mad is Kendall? It doesn't matter because she can't resist Ryan and Greenlee together. Just like two years ago, that's the ONLY way Ryan and Greenlee have a storyline - on Kendall's back.

ETA:  As I was writing this the Twilight Zone was on TV in the background - an episode about a guy who goes back in time!  Do do do do do do do do do do do do do....

Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Searose, when I watched AMC today I wondered if the writers are purposefully making their characters look like idiots or is it that they have just not done their homework with history or is it that they just don't care about continuity and integrity of the show.

Kendall's character today was made to look like a weak defenseless unrecognizable wush in front to St. Ryan. He had the nerve to tell her to shut up when they were discussing the fate of her son. I am so sick  of watching a strong spirited character made to look subservient to one that deserves nothing but contempt.

The other thing I am boiling about is how the writers are totally ignoring history.  Kendall keeps on defending Zach with only one statement, that he made the BO happen out of love for her.  How about if  Zach had not rescued Kendall from Madden's island and allowed her time aboard Erica's yacht to realize that she loved Spike, she would have given Spike away to strangers and like Dixie never would have seen her son again. Spike would be lost to all.

During the coma Zach saved Spike again by honoring Kendall's choice when she was unable to make a decision herself, while Ryan was licking Erica's you know what and was willing to approve an early Cesarean risking Spike's life. Zach, barricaded himself in Kendall's hospital room to prevent the procedure and he did that with great sacrifice to himself, since he was risking the life of the woman he loved in order to honor her choice.  These are factors that Kendall's character should be spewing at Greenlee in defense of Zach not just that he did it for love.

This is the opinion of one disgusted viewer.

Granny

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Character assassination:  Kendall has never taken shit from anyone.  Yet, she is always made to fall at Ryan's feet, no matter what?  The asshole actually told Kendall to shut up or leave, and KENDALL COMPLIED?  
It's call Ryan "Propping." 

Thanks, Sharon, for putting Zach and Kendall in my backyard. Thanks, Karen, for attaching this to my posts.
Roseann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Searose, Christy,  and Daiva, great posts...  ITA
Granny...beside ryann propping; today I saw a lot of greenlee propping, too!!
Today's show was a waste of time.
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Ladies you are so totally relaying everyones thoughts today I think.  What a HORRIBLE show.  They have warped into 2005 and it didn't work then.  If this is what they meant by rebuilding this show they should just fire the new HW now before they even start working because there won't be a show left to watch.   We thought it was bad with McTrash this is worse.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Searose, your post is like reading my subconscious! There were so many WTF moments that my jaw is in a sling after hitting the ground so many times today! I had to look at the calendar to make sure it was still 2007 and that I hadn't entered a time slip back to the 2005 Summer of Sperm.

Of course, I already was completely bewildered as to how Kendall could even stand to be in the same room as Greenlee - then it dawned on me that this lawsuit (which I would have welcomed if it paved the way for what I really want) was nothing but a stupid plot trick. It's nothing but a contrived excuse to get Kendall, Greenlee and Ryass to be the lopsided dysfunctional triangle of AMC again. Because it was just soooo successful the first time.

And I literally laughed when Ryan said he changed because he was a Dad. No, he "changed" because he still wants Greenlee and that's what's behind all of this crap. In other words, he hasn't changed one iota. And when Kendall is with him and Greenlee she reverts right back to the doormat she was two years ago. Greenlee is nothing but the female version of Ryass. They both tried to take Kendall's baby away from her and their idea of friendship is ordering her around. But she lets them.

She was so upset yesterday yet she refused to let Zach step in when he wanted to - after she basically accused him of causing this whole situation, she goes to work! Just how mad is Kendall? It doesn't matter because she can't resist Ryan and Greenlee together. Just like two years ago, that's the ONLY way Ryan and Greenlee have a storyline - on Kendall's back.

ETA:  As I was writing this the Twilight Zone was on TV in the background - an episode about a guy who goes back in time!  Do do do do do do do do do do do do do....

ITA Christy, I wrote on the day Zach said "I became a father", that Greenlee will never know or understand the depth of that statement.  It was really profound.  But when Ryan said it today, it was disgusting at worst, laughable at best.  He hasn't changed, he is still the same asshole he has always been, still a control freak, a finger-pointing ragemonkey with a holier-than-thou attitude!  No matter who he is with in the room, he has to call the shots.  He orders around Derek, Jackson, the women, and of course, Zach too.  And I even tried to ignore Annie's little comment about how RYAN WENT TO VEGAS TO SAVE KENDALL!  They really want to portray him as the hero, and WE are not buying it. 
I really wonder if McHack was the real problem with AMC for the last three years, or, does the problem start at the top?  Because, obviously, the new team is not doing a whole lot better than the old one, IMO.

Sorry ladies, I don't usually swear so much, I have set a new record today.  Ugh!

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 

ITA with all the posts on this thread.  All I can say is TPTB totally blew big SL opportunities with Hannah and Greenlee.  Does every SL have to involve a baby or lack thereof, a DNA test, a paternity suit, a custody suit, or a kidnapping/runaway?

Norma

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva
Searose, when I watched AMC today I wondered if the writers are purposefully making their characters look like idiots or is it that they have just not done their homework with history or is it that they just don't care about continuity and integrity of the show.

Kendall's character today was made to look like a weak defenseless unrecognizable wish in front to St. Ryan. He had the nerve to tell her to shut up when they were discussing the fate of her son. I am so sick  of watching a strong spirited character made to look subservient to one that deserves nothing but contempt.

The other thing I am boiling about is how the writers are totally ignoring history.  Kendall keeps on defending Zach with only one statement, that he made the BO happen out of love for her.  How about if  Zach had not rescued Kendall from Madden's island and allowed her time aboard Erica's yacht to realize that she loved Spike, she would have given Spike away to strangers and like Dixie never would have seen her son again. Spike would be lost to all.

During the coma Zach saved Spike again by honoring Kendall's choice when she was unable to make a decision herself, while Ryan was licking Erica's you know what and was willing to approve an early Cesarean risking Spike's life. Zach, barricaded himself in Kendall's hospital room to prevent the procedure and he did that with great sacrifice to himself, since he was risking the life of the woman he loved in order to honor her choice.  These are factors that Kendall's character should be spewing at Greenlee in defense of Zach not just that he did it for love.

I must say 98% of the time I totally agree with you!!  Once again I find myself saying "yes, that's what I think too!!".  Thanks for being so wonderful in your response's!!

I could never thank these girls that do the videos enough, God I love them!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:

Diva that should have been brought up when Greenlee tried to tell Kendall she was the only one that wanted this baby.  Kendall should have said bullshit, I almost gave my life for my baby. She should have also pointed out that she walked away for over a year without a single thought about the baby,  until she realized what a wonderful life Kendall was having with Zach and Spike.  Then call Greenlee the selfish bitch she is, because she feels she coulddjust take him away because she thinks she deserves him since it was her fricking idea.  BS

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Besides being one of the worst shows in history it got me to thinking.   IF Ryass was really Spike's parent would he be so willing to give him away?  Of course he was willing to kill him last May because that is what Erica wanted.  I would love to see Erica do a major turn around on his holiness and blast him for wanting to give the dutchess anything.  If I were Annie I think I would start putting some money aside since she will not be a member of the Sainthood much longer.  Ryan still has the hots for the Greenbitch.  So much for love and a six week marriageathon.

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy

If I were Annie I think I would start putting some money aside since she will not be a member of the Sainthood much longer.  Ryan still has the hots for the Greenbitch.  So much for love and a six week marriageathon.

Yes, and then they will sue Annie for custody of Emma.  After all she is "MY DAUGHTER" and must be raised to serve the sainted one.
All I can say is "run Annie run...and hide your child from yet another abusive jerk".

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Greenly made the comment about Kendall marrying Zach for business.  Is that not why Ryan and Greenly got married in the first place? My memory is testing me. 

Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
A while back I pointed out some small, but somewhat significant changes that had been made to the show during this interim period -- addressing issues that the audience had been complaining pretty loudly about, showing the vets, and generally moving away from the Hack's sick and twisted agendas.

We really shouldn't be so surprised, though, that we're stuck in a Summer of Sperm time warp. The Hack may be gone, but the minions who did her bidding are still churning out the scripts... and they are rudderless. What do you do with Ryan, Greenlee, Kendall and Zach? Well... obviously this crew thinks that recycling two-year-old scripts will work just fine. I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say I'm disappointed. The Ryan of Summer 2005 is the worst of any incarnation... the Greenlee of Summer 2007 is even more selfish and self-centered than her predecessor, and I was sick and tired of Kendall the doormat for Lavery and Company in 2004!!!!!

Zach, as always, is the one saving grace. TK's ability to spin gold from whatever he's given makes tuning in worthwhile... but a day without Zach is a day not worth viewing.

If I never see Ryan bully a woman again it will be too soon. I'm tired of his boorish behavior, I'm tired of his holier than thou attitude, I'm tired of his pointing fingers and his grabby hands. Aw, hell, I'm just TIRED of Ryan. Too bad the writers aren't! What I don't understand is how these supposed adult writers who have actually had to live in the REAL world can be so imbued with writing plot-driven tripe that they can't realize what the entire viewing audience already KNOWS... a child is not property, babies do not equal purses, and no court or judge in the land is going to award custody of a child to a stranger in lieu of competent, capable and loving biological parents  no matter what kind of CONTRACTS were signed to start with. And it's this insult to my intelligence that irritates me the most!

Why is Ryan so threatened by Greenlee's suit that he's willing to make her Step-mother No. 2? Why is Kendall doing anything except laughing in Greenlee's face? For that matter, why the hell isn't Kendall giving her shares of Fusion to Babe and starting her own company in direct competition? She certainly wouldn't have a problem finding the capital to fund such a venture... and while Greenlee loses her fortune as Fusion sinks into the quicksand, Kendall can start fresh, new and Greenlee-free with a company she never has to worry about someone stealing out from under her or sabotaging for a personal vendetta.

It's nice to see the vets more often on the show. It's nice to go days at a time without the Hobillie infestation. It's nice to be spared the presence of strutting, pompous JayArgh... but it's beyond time to retire the entire Lavery clan and address the real ills of the show. The All My Laverys hour needs to cease and desist NOW.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Searose, Christy and Daiva great commentary.  I haven't seen the show yet, but heard about it while at work.   I'm so tired of triangles, doormats and taking characters who have grown so far, ie; Kendall especially what she risked during the SS storyline.  

Where does Greenlee think she deserves this child when she is the one who walked out.   Where was she when Kendall was in coma and Ryan like everyone said wanted to take Spike to kiss Erica's whatever.

Kendall has grown so much over the past year and the love between her and Zach is so solid, IMO, that she should just walk away from both these idiots.   I do would like to see creativity on the set rather than the same old, same old.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Thank you, Cheri... so very well said!  ITA!!   I am sick to death of these rehashed storylines revolving around St. Ryass!!!!

luv4tk

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Great posts ladies.  There is nothing I could say that hasn't been said.  Today's show - along with this whole pathetic s/l involving Loserville Lavery just makes me want to !!!

~ HAWT Banner by Monica ~

~ Thanks Diane for the Avi ~
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl
Greenly made the comment about Kendall marrying Zach for business.  Is that not why Ryan and Greenly got married in the first place? My memory is testing me. 

Your memory is just fine, Cowgirl.  Ryan married her for business, and she happily agreed, because she already wanted him for herself, and hoped that he will fall in love with her once they are married.  And Mary encouraged her, because Ryan was heir to the Cambias fortune  

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri
A while back I pointed out some small, but somewhat significant changes that had been made to the show during this interim period -- addressing issues that the audience had been complaining pretty loudly about, showing the vets, and generally moving away from the Hack's sick and twisted agendas.

We really shouldn't be so surprised, though, that we're stuck in a Summer of Sperm time warp. The Hack may be gone, but the minions who did her bidding are still churning out the scripts... and they are rudderless. What do you do with Ryan, Greenlee, Kendall and Zach? Well... obviously this crew thinks that recycling two-year-old scripts will work just fine. I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say I'm disappointed. The Ryan of Summer 2005 is the worst of any incarnation... the Greenlee of Summer 2007 is even more selfish and self-centered than her predecessor, and I was sick and tired of Kendall the doormat for Lavery and Company in 2004!!!!!

Zach, as always, is the one saving grace. TK's ability to spin gold from whatever he's given makes tuning in worthwhile... but a day without Zach is a day not worth viewing.

If I never see Ryan bully a woman again it will be too soon. I'm tired of his boorish behavior, I'm tired of his holier than thou attitude, I'm tired of his pointing fingers and his grabby hands. Aw, hell, I'm just TIRED of Ryan. Too bad the writers aren't! What I don't understand is how these supposed adult writers who have actually had to live in the REAL world can be so imbued with writing plot-driven tripe that they can't realize what the entire viewing audience already KNOWS... a child is not property, babies do not equal purses, and no court or judge in the land is going to award custody of a child to a stranger in lieu of competent, capable and loving biological parents  no matter what kind of CONTRACTS were signed to start with. And it's this insult to my intelligence that irritates me the most!

Why is Ryan so threatened by Greenlee's suit that he's willing to make her Step-mother No. 2? Why is Kendall doing anything except laughing in Greenlee's face? For that matter, why the hell isn't Kendall giving her shares of Fusion to Babe and starting her own company in direct competition? She certainly wouldn't have a problem finding the capital to fund such a venture... and while Greenlee loses her fortune as Fusion sinks into the quicksand, Kendall can start fresh, new and Greenlee-free with a company she never has to worry about someone stealing out from under her or sabotaging for a personal vendetta.

It's nice to see the vets more often on the show. It's nice to go days at a time without the Hobillie infestation. It's nice to be spared the presence of strutting, pompous JayArgh... but it's beyond time to retire the entire Lavery clan and address the real ills of the show. The All My Laverys hour needs to cease and desist NOW.

Cheri, I have noticed some changes too, but more on the production side.  e.g.  The scenes last longer than 25 seconds, the shaky camera stuff is gone, etc., but I don't think it has moved away from Hack's twisted and sick agenda.  Because we are still watching Jonboy and Ava falling for each other, which is a sickening idea.  We are dealing with more stories about someone wanting to take a child away from his parents.  We are still watching way too much of Joonyer, who is getting worse by the minute, and we are still being fed the same old "Ryan is the hero" bullshit.  Ryan is still being labeled Kendall's savior from the SS, he is still allowed to talk down to every person in PV, Kwak's one-night-stand-comforting-friend is still being glorified, while Adam is being perceived as a monster for resenting her.  Hack's influence may still be present in the writing room, but I think the problem is at the top.  If Fronzie and JHC think Ryan is a hero, that's what the writing team will give us.  What this show really needs, besides bringing back old characters in a way that would make viewers happy to welcome them back, or bring on new characters without making us feel totally turned off, is to get rid of the two Lavery brothers for good.
But since we are still stuck with Ryannielee mess, yes, I would very much love to see Kendall dump her Fusion shares, say FU to Greenlee and start something new on her own.  That would be just like Kendall that we used to know.  Kendall does not need all this stress, and especially with the baby on the way. 
Like you said, Zach, as always, is the one saving grace.   And the only reason to tune in to this farce called AMC.

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:

Why is Ryan so threatened by Greenlee's suit that he's willing to make her Step-mother No. 2?

Why is Kendall doing anything except laughing in Greenlee's face?

For that matter, why the hell isn't Kendall giving her shares of Fusion to Babe and starting her own company in direct competition?

The All My Laverys hour needs to cease and desist NOW.

1) Beats the hell out of me Cheri, unless he is still so much in love with the 3rd "wuv of his wife" that he feels she is entitled to Kendall's child.

2) Pregnancy harmones...and really bad writing. (?)

3) Now that, to me, is the BIG question.

4) I could NOT agree more.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:

We really shouldn't be so surprised, though, that we're stuck in a Summer of Sperm time warp. The Hack may be gone, but the minions who did her bidding are still churning out the scripts... and they are rudderless. What do you do with Ryan, Greenlee, Kendall and Zach? Well... obviously this crew thinks that recycling two-year-old scripts will work just fine. I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say I'm disappointed. The Ryan of Summer 2005 is the worst of any incarnation... the Greenlee of Summer 2007 is even more selfish and self-centered than her predecessor, and I was sick and tired of Kendall the doormat for Lavery and Company in 2004!!!!!

Zach, as always, is the one saving grace. TK's ability to spin gold from whatever he's given makes tuning in worthwhile... but a day without Zach is a day not worth viewing.

If I never see Ryan bully a woman again it will be too soon. I'm tired of his boorish behavior, I'm tired of his holier than thou attitude, I'm tired of his pointing fingers and his grabby hands. Aw, hell, I'm just TIRED of Ryan. Too bad the writers aren't! What I don't understand is how these supposed adult writers who have actually had to live in the REAL world can be so imbued with writing plot-driven tripe that they can't realize what the entire viewing audience already KNOWS... a child is not property, babies do not equal purses, and no court or judge in the land is going to award custody of a child to a stranger in lieu of competent, capable and loving biological parents no matter what kind of CONTRACTS were signed to start with. And it's this insult to my intelligence that irritates me the most!

Which is EXACTLY why YOU should be writing this show instead of the morons they pay to do it! I keep praying to the Soap Gods, but sadly they don't seem to be listening to me. Cheri, you have more creativity and writing skills in your little finger than the whole AMC writing team combined -- past and present.
Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

Quote:

Why is Ryan so threatened by Greenlee's suit that he's willing to make her Step-mother No. 2?

Why is Kendall doing anything except laughing in Greenlee's face?

For that matter, why the hell isn't Kendall giving her shares of Fusion to Babe and starting her own company in direct competition?

The All My Laverys hour needs to cease and desist NOW.

1) Beats the hell out of me Cheri, unless he is still so much in love with the 3rd "wuv of his wife" that he feels she is entitled to Kendall's child.

2) Pregnancy harmones...and really bad writing. (?)

3) Now that, to me, is the BIG question.

4) I could NOT agree more.

Cheri and Ann I too have wondered why Ryan is so threatened by the custody suit?  Is it possible that he fears that it might involve a DNA test, which would prove him not to be Spike's father? Does he know something and was he involved with fixing the DNA results to keep him connected to Kendall through Spike?

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Quote:

Is it possible that he fears that it might involve a DNA test, which would prove him not to be Spike's father? Does he know something and was he involved with fixing the DNA results to keep him connected to Kendall through Spike?

Remember the day Erica came over and explained to Kendall about Josh's DNA matching Spike's?  When Kendall figured she needed another DNA test done, Ryan signaled Zach to step outside.  They talked in the courtyard, came back inside, and the next thing we know, another DNA test was done and Ryan was pronounced Daddy.
So, since it was Ryan who signaled Zach to step outside, my feeling is that it was Ryan who wanted the DNA test fixed.  Whether it was Zach who accomplished it or not, the idea was Ryan's, IMO.  God knows how they will write it, but I won't be surprised (disappointed? yes!) if they make Zach the bad guy again.

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:

Cheri and Ann I too have wondered why Ryan is so threatened by the custody suit?  Is it possible that he fears that it might involve a DNA test, which would prove him not to be Spike's father? Does he know something and was he involved with fixing the DNA results to keep him connected to Kendall through Spike?

Well, its possible he knows or maybe even just suspects something about the fixing of DNA, but since Annie is his "one twu wuv" now, his reasons for panic wouldn't be to keep him connected to Kendall, since even HE has had to accept that she has moved on to bigger and better things, but because he's gotten to love the little bugger and Ryass is, after all, all about Ryass.

Thanks Fil!
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:

Quote:

Is it possible that he fears that it might involve a DNA test, which would prove him not to be Spike's father? Does he know something and was he involved with fixing the DNA results to keep him connected to Kendall through Spike?

Remember the day Erica came over and explained to Kendall about Josh's DNA matching Spike's?  When Kendall figured she needed another DNA test done, Ryan signaled Zach to step outside.  They talked in the courtyard, came back inside, and the next thing we know, another DNA test was done and Ryan was pronounced Daddy.
So, since it was Ryan who signaled Zach to step outside, my feeling is that it was Ryan who wanted the DNA test fixed.  Whether it was Zach who accomplished it or not, the idea was Ryan's, IMO.  God knows how they will write it, but I won't be surprised (disappointed? yes!) if they make Zach the bad guy again.

I repeat what I have said before...the only good thing that came out of the whole "truth serum" bullshit, is that it proved that Zach truly believes that monkeyass is the bio-dad.
Why would St. Monkeyass want to fake the test to make himself the daddy? Not because he wants to be tied to Kendall for life..........because he wants to be tied to Erica for life! Erica and Monkeyass are the true sick-obsessive couple that TFIC are obsessed with.  If "his majesty" didn't fix the dna test, you can bet your ass that "her majesty" did.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie
Which is EXACTLY why YOU should be writing this show instead of the morons they pay to do it! I keep praying to the Soap Gods, but sadly they don't seem to be listening to me. Cheri, you have more creativity and writing skills in your little finger than the whole AMC writing team combined -- past and present.

Awww... Thanks, Gwennie!

Quote:

There are some big holes in that one (although I do admit that it's never stopped the writers before -- Ethan's impossible birthdate anyone?). However, under truth serum Zach stated very clearly that he believes Spike to be Ryan's son. Whatever Ryan did -- and it was a Cambias lab that did the test, while he was still CEO -- he did without Zach's involvement. Personally, I'd love it if Erica did it... and then she could whip out the truth to prevent Kendall from losing custody of Spike, thereby sticking it to Greenlee in the worst possible fashion while Ryan stands by dumbfounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamom05

Well, its possible he knows or maybe even just suspects something about the fixing of DNA, but since Annie is his "one twu wuv" now, his reasons for panic wouldn't be to keep him connected to Kendall, since even HE has had to accept that she has moved on to bigger and better things, but because he's gotten to love the little bugger and Ryass is, after all, all about Ryass.

Well... isn't the Mantra of AMC Babies=Purses? A child is an interchangeable possession, as long as you have one it doesn't matter who the parent is. Ryan subscribes to the old adage, "He who has the most wins" so I imagine he wants Spike "just because..."

It seems like the only two people on canvas who just love their children are Zach and Kendall. Everyone else uses them for power plays.

ETA: Jinx Ann! It seems we were riding the same train...

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

I agree with all of you, but this was my biggest   moment. Did anybody else hear this exchange?
---------------------------------------------------------
Greenlee: The first time I saw him, you hustled him out of the room at warp speed. The second time, at the party, you went into the other room and hid. Do you honestly think that I could hurt him? I mean, of the three of us, I was the only one that wanted him. Now, of the three of us, I'm the only one who's never had him in my arms.

Kendall: Well, whose fault is that, greenlee? I had a sonogram in my hands right before spike was born. I showed it to you. I told you -- I said, "this is your son." And I begged you, I begged you not to turn your back on him. You had your chance, greenlee. You had your baby, but you walked away.
---------------------------------------------------------
I listened to it several times and then waited for them to post the transcripts to be sure Kendall actually said what I thought I heard.
Really bad writing? Or totally changing story? 
You'd think they'd remember Kendall went from Pregnancy Island to the yacht, where she realized how much she loved her son and that she really wanted to keep and raise Spike, to the coma. Somebody should have caught that error!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ryan is an ass. Though it be not written down, forget not, that Ryan is an ass. " me, misquoting Shakespeare. 

Abigail

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
I'm glad you pointed that out, Lorene.  That section of dialog jumped out at me as well and was a real "HUH???" moment.  I bitch a lot about many things on AMC, but the continuity errors on this show are one of my biggest complaints...because they are the result of truly horrible writing that has gone on for far too long. 

I was so angry after yesterday's crapfest it took me quite a while (and many phone calls to ABC's comment line) to calm down.  How TIIC of this trainwreck can possibly think that Ryan making unilateral decisions concerning who is and isn't allowed to be a part of Spike's life, telling Kendall she can either shut up or leave (BOOM!!) and believe that they wouldn't have Spike if it weren't for Greenlee (Hello??  ZACH is the reason on many different levels that Spike is alive!) just baffles me and completely pisses me off.

Ryan is a classic abuser.  There's nothing heroic or romantic about it. Until the day comes when/if TIIC actually confront this part of Ryan and make the character deal with it instead of glossing it over or painting him as the glorious St. Ryan, this show is ultimately doomed, IMO.  De-Lavery AMC and it might have a chance.

Banner thanks to Monica.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Cheri and Ann, if they ever show us that Erica fixed that DNA, I will be so damn happy, the look on ragemonkey's face will be priceless.  I just wish the writers were capable of going that route, I mean, that they take a break from Ryass worship.

Lorene, that was another huge WTF moment of yesterday.  I was so fuming that I even forgot to mention that one.  It clearly should have been "I was holding the sonogram in my hand right before YOU LEFT, GREENLEE", not right before Spike was born.  I don't even think it was a slip of tongue on Kendall's part, it was just a humongous lapse in the writer's ability to stick to the story.

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
First let me say Cheri, as always, I love what you say.

Spike will never be declared not Ryass' BECAUSE they have to give him a tie to Kendall BECAUSE the man would have no other story.  Sad but true.  I HATE HIM.   I HATE THIS STORY.  I HATE AMC.  I hate the fact that Kendall is back where she was two years ago.  Zach sees the change too.  As he was looking at her when they were packing the boxes you knew what he was thinking "Greenlee has her under her spell again".  Both Greenlee and Ryass know how to manipulate her and push her buttons.  Kendall is a push over for the people she loves and they know it.  I HATE THIS SHIT.  It's only going to get worse I'm afraid.  You know today they're going to become "best friends" again  and that will be the last straw for me.  Knowing this woman wants my child and to ruin my marriage would I ever be friends with her again. HELL NO.  But that's what's going to happen mark my word and Kendall will live to regret it I'm sure.  I think I will stick to just watching your Zach clips and spare myself a breakdown.  Obviously TIIC DO NOT care what we want and never will.  If they haven't gotten the message by now they are MORONS.
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail
I'm glad you pointed that out, Lorene.  That section of dialog jumped out at me as well and was a real "HUH???" moment.  I bitch a lot about many things on AMC, but the continuity errors on this show are one of my biggest complaints...because they are the result of truly horrible writing that has gone on for far too long. 

I was so angry after yesterday's crapfest it took me quite a while (and many phone calls to ABC's comment line) to calm down.  How TIIC of this trainwreck can possibly think that Ryan making unilateral decisions concerning who is and isn't allowed to be a part of Spike's life, telling Kendall she can either shut up or leave (BOOM!!) and believe that they wouldn't have Spike if it weren't for Greenlee (Hello??  ZACH is the reason on many different levels that Spike is alive!) just baffles me and completely pisses me off.

Ryan is a classic abuser.  There's nothing heroic or romantic about it. Until the day comes when/if TIIC actually confront this part of Ryan and make the character deal with it instead of glossing it over or painting him as the glorious St. Ryan, this show is ultimately doomed, IMO.  De-Lavery AMC and it might have a chance.

Abby I agree with your whole post I can't seem to say anymore about this character and this s/l that I haven't said a million times before.  My burner did it for me when it didn't tape today LOL.  If they don't get rid of this character soon, I will need Valium. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann
Quote:

Quote:

I repeat what I have said before...the only good thing that came out of the whole "truth serum" bullshit, is that it proved that Zach truly believes that monkeyass is the bio-dad.
Why would St. Monkeyass want to fake the test to make himself the daddy? Not because he wants to be tied to Kendall for life..........because he wants to be tied to Erica for life! Erica and Monkeyass are the true sick-obsessive couple that TFIC are obsessed with.  If "his majesty" didn't fix the dna test, you can bet your ass that "her majesty" did.

Ann you have mentioned the truth serum revelations several times and I agree they revealed a lot, but do you remember that Josh noticed at one point that Zach was shutting down, because some of the information was being blocked by his subconscious. The information about seeing his father push his mother to her death he did not reveal, because it was too painful. Protecting Kendall from the truth about Spike's paternity could have also been blocked.

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:

Ann you have mentioned the truth serum revelations several times and I agree they revealed a lot, but do you remember that Josh noticed at one point that Zach was shutting down, because some of the information was being blocked by his subconscious. The information about seeing his father push his mother to her death he did not reveal, because it was too painful. Protecting Kendall from the truth about Spike's paternity could have also been blocked.

Diva, maybe Zach was able to suppress his memories about his mother's death because they were buried so deeply in his subconscious, and he wasn't asked directly about them. Spike's paternity was a recent event, and I think if he did know something about it, it would be in the back of his mind constantly. When he was talking about Ryan's kids, I think he would have been unable to stop himself from blurting it out.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.