Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Site Meter

Zach is having a very delayed reaction to Kendall's betrayals - it's like he's suffering from PSTD.  His pain in its quiet deadly and lethal sarcasm is almost impossible for me to watch - even though Kendall has been dead to me for years, and it had nothing to do with another man in another bed (though it would have if she hadn't already done so many other previous things to piss me off).  When I heard Ryass tell Erica he would talk to Zach, I was hoping for a Zach smackdown on Ryan - but hey, Zach's words to Ryan were more cutting than Ryan's fist on Zach's face and Zach can never tell Ryan off enough for me.

As for Kendall, I think Zach is absolutely right about her - no matter how he feels when he finds out the truth doesn't change what Kendall did to him in the past, and IMO, never will.  She did leave Ian for Ryan before - she left him and Spike with Zach while she screwed around with Ryan.  But still, Zach has been making a monumental effort to survive and forgive what she did and keep her with her family.  Now he feels more betrayed than he has ever been in his life and nobody will suffer more than Zach when he finds out the truth.  But Kendall has still betrayed him with two other men, and nothing can ever change that, and it pisses me the hell off more than everything is that that Zach can never, ever be 100% entitled to his very real pain over that.

I almost laughed when a guy showed up at the door with a turkey after Ryan had just left.  But I feel too much like crying.

AMC 11-24-09

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
I'll just say DITTO to your whole post since the quote feature doesn't seem to work.

Zach just about killed me today. I had the exact same thought -- PTSD. Zach simply can't absorb another betrayal. The twist and the horror is that it's not a real betrayal, Zach is being played, and he will never be able to forgive himself for his very natural and hard-earned reaction to what he saw with his own eyes.

I did love that Zach got a few seconds to call Ryan out on taking up with Kendall so quickly after Greenlee's "demise."

I thought the turkey delivery was sadly appropriate.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the clip Christy.  I hate Erica for having sent the rage monkey to confront Zach, and I am about ready to pop a vein over that punch, because there was NOTHING that Zach said that deserved that reaction out of the Rabid Rage Monkey, it should have been the other way around.  I HATE TIIC, and I think someone up there hates Zach so much, that they are getting some perverted pleasure out of this, because this was perfect timing for Zach to have given him all the beating that he has earned in the last five years, but at least he got a few seconds to give him some reality check!  What killed me is the opening scene, and Zach saying she is sick, she is damaged, she needs help and she is dead to me!  I never thought I would hear Zach say those things, but even though the current situation is not what he thinks he saw, I found it satisfying to hear him say it.  Even more satisfying was hearing him say "those boys ALWAYS deserved better", because he gave credit to Kendall's motherhood for far too long, when he repeatedly forgave her for ignoring the boys, especially IAN, by choosing Spike and the sperm donor over him!
Kat the fucking bitch called Zach "psycho hubby"???????  Kendall wasn't getting patience and understanding at home?  OMG, there is not a woman on this earth who has received, undeservedly, the amount of patience and understanding that Zach has given her!  And ThadeASS is surprised that Aidiot took off with Kendall, after their whole conversation and him covering for it?  That whole gang needs to FOAD!

Adam talks about all the people who were punished, what about Zach?  His pain has not ended, and when the truth comes out, he is going to hurt even more!

And we are supposed to believe that Adam and Annie truly love each other

Lines of the day?  "THAT'S NOT FAIR TO HOOKERS!"  "Different guy, different bed, same Kendall"!

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Oh, my God, Christy!  The symbolism is just hysterical!  As much as Zach's pain broke my heart today,  hearing him finally tell Ryan off was so satisfying, for both, Zach and me! 

I had hoped that Adam had finally come to his senses....'fraid not!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Zach simply can't absorb another betrayal. The twist and the horror is that it's not a real betrayal, Zach is being played, and he will never be able to forgive himself for his very natural and hard-earned reaction to what he saw with his own eyes.

YES! 

Pratt is a fucking sadist!  I hate him for putting Zach through this shit again.   It was excrutiating enough that Zach's been asked to deal with this kind of betrayal twice over, for real, but to use this set up just to twist the knife in his back and give him something that he will hate himself for later, makes me livid. 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

IMO this was the best episode in a long time. I loved it, painful tho it was. I cried, then I cheered, then I cried again. I doubt that Pratt wrote much of this one. Searose, you picked the very words that I wanted to quote: "unfair to hookers", and that priceless "different guy, different bed, same Kendall". That one had me screaming  "Right on! You nailed it!"   To me it is totally immaterial that Kendall is innocent THIS time. She has so deserved to be dumped for her multible betrayals of the past and for those that I'm sure would be in her future if Zach allowed her back into his life. This slut that he is describing is just who she IS and has  ALWAYS BEEN.  It was good to hear Zach speak the truth to Asshole Ryan, and unbelievable that Zach had to take another punch from him, rather than the reverse. He's been hit so many times lately! WTF!!? (Maybe Pratt DID write that part! Does he get a personal pleasure from this?) It is so hard to watch Zach hurting so much.  I cried for him, but oh my(!) TK is so damn good at reaching into us and making us FEEL his pain that ,for me at least, it is a pain/pleasure combination of watching The Master at work.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Thanks for the clip Christy and you said it all - You all made very good points - With that setup he would be expected to come to the conclusions he did with her having such a track record - Peggy

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks for the clip Christy.  Christy, Kathy, I cant take it any more.  If TK was just leaving, I could handle it, but not this heartbreaking stuff all the time, it just goes on and on.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Pah ITA I loved this episode also and I too had so many mixed emotions (thank you Mr. Kaye) and I felt like I was watching a real persons life playing out before me just like I did when we had the reveal and I do think TK might have had a hand in this.

From the opening scene you could feel Zach's pain and heartbreak and when he said he was alone I started crying and didn't stop till the end of the show.    Everything that came out of Zach's mouth today was building from when he found out about the ONS.   He tucked all his pain away in order to keep his family together and because he truly loves this woman and wanted to give his boys the family he never had.   He kept himself in control when he found out that Kendall was sleeping with Ryan but today FINALLY he let it out.  

Yes some of the things he said were hard to hear but how many of us do say things when we're devastated that we don't mean or we would never say if we weren't so angry.   This is how you react when you're heart is torn out and TK was absolutely magnificient.   Behind every word Zach said you could see the pain those words were costing him because that's what TK does best he gives us these layers (I don't know if that's the right word but you all know what I mean).   

When Kendall was sleeping with Ryan, I said many times that she needed professional help and when those words came out of Zach's mouth I thought those are words that someone would really say because I did feel that way.   When he said that he would keep her away from Ian, that too is something a person would say who wants to protect a child from the hurt they're feeling because they've been betrayed.   All very realistic stuff.  Painful to hear but I'd rather hear and see these scenes than Zach sitting there staring with absolutely no dialogue and keeping one more thing locked up inside.

Another reason why this is all so good is because BOTH Zach and Kendall are the victims here and that's what makes it good soap.   There is no pointing fingers of who did what to who because they are both being played by Aidan.  Where Pratt messed up big time (besides the plot crap) is that he should have had Aidan kidnap Kendall to punish her for breaking up him and Greenlee and for Greenlee's death not because he has feelings for her.   Pratt ruins stories because he doesn't look at the big picture and just concentrates on the plot.  Also, this should have started long before this because I have a feeling they will rush through the ending and not give the story the resolution it deserves.

My day would have been perfect today if Zach were allowed to take his anger out on Ryan but, of course, that will never happen although I did love everything he said to Ryan.    How is it that Erica, Ryan and even Kendall don't get the fact that sticking Ryan in Zach's face constantly is a big reminder of what Ryan did with Zach's wife.   Why the hell would you send Ryan over to that house?

I did get Tad and even Ryan's reaction when Tad told Ryan and Erica that Kendall was with Aidan.  Let's face it this is Kendall's MO and they all know it.  Whenever Kendall has been scared or lonely she has jumped into another man's bed and Aidan knows this and that is why this  is the perfect set up when you think about it.

When the turkey arrived all I could think about was that Zach promised Kendall it would all be over by Thanksgiving and it is but she's not there with him. 

Yes this is all pure soap and I am going to soak up every bit of TK's performance because he will take this shit writing and just spin his magic and as much as it hurts me to see Zach in pain yet again, I am loving the material TK is being given for his exit and hopefully this will give him the Emmy he so deserves.

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Site Meter

Zach is having a very delayed reaction to Kendall's betrayals - it's like he's suffering from PSTD.  His pain in its quiet deadly and lethal sarcasm is almost impossible for me to watch - even though Kendall has been dead to me for years, and it had nothing to do with another man in another bed (though it would have if she hadn't already done so many other previous things to piss me off).  When I heard Ryass tell Erica he would talk to Zach, I was hoping for a Zach smackdown on Ryan - but hey, Zach's words to Ryan were more cutting than Ryan's fist on Zach's face and Zach can never tell Ryan off enough for me.

As for Kendall, I think Zach is absolutely right about her - no matter how he feels when he finds out the truth doesn't change what Kendall did to him in the past, and IMO, never will.  She did leave Ian for Ryan before - she left him and Spike with Zach while she screwed around with Ryan.  But still, Zach has been making a monumental effort to survive and forgive what she did and keep her with her family.  Now he feels more betrayed than he has ever been in his life and nobody will suffer more than Zach when he finds out the truth.  But Kendall has still betrayed him with two other men, and nothing can ever change that, and it pisses me the hell off more than everything is that that Zach can never, ever be 100% entitled to his very real pain over that.

I almost laughed when a guy showed up at the door with a turkey after Ryan had just left.  But I feel too much like crying.

AMC 11-24-09

THat is TOO Funny.Thank you for the video Christy.SO hard watching Zach going through all this.TK makes it all seem SO real,He is simply the BEST actor.At least when TK leaves i am done with this mess of a show that i Hate now.TK deserves the BEST and i know we will see him again in whatever he decides to do in the future.I messed up and went over by mistake the view with him on it.So mad at myself how stupid i can be.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 

As emotionally draining as this show was today, I laughed myself to almost peeing with that snapshot of the turkey and the USDA marking...priceless Christy.

So so sad and this even keel Zach is keeping is scary, it is almost like PTSD.  I just want to pick up a baseball bat and break Ryan's knees, I really really can't stand him.  He could see this man was too cool for whatever is happening and the things he was saying were just not the words that someone who labored for months to keep that ungrateful, selfish wife of his out of harm's way. No, he fed right into a cutting remark and pow.  How I wanted Zach to beat the every loving shit out of him.  True to form his words made a worse impact on that MF Ryan. 

Damaged that is just what Kendall is..you go Zach.  Though she is the victim this time it's so odd I have no empathy for her and I have not been a long term watcher. How easily this has gotten to me.  Oh and one other thing. Erica does have a fairly decent wardrobe but what was with that suit today has she joined Sgt Pepper's or was it suppose to be evening wear for trips to Pine Valley Hospital.

Megan
Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Thank you, Christy for at least seeing a little bit of humor in all of this incredible sadness and more betrayal that Zach is being forced to take when you posted  the above picture.  That is the only thing that made me smile today.

TK's Zach was incredibly AWESOME today especially with what he said about Kendall to Liza and Ryass!!  Ryass couldn't handle the truth so he punched Zach, but it didn't seem to faze Zach at all.  He said everything he had to say anyway. That sick fuck Pratt has done everything he could to torture Zach.  TK has taken Pratt's crap and turned it into pure gold.  I can see an Emmy nod to him for this alone next year.

A POX ON YOU PRATT!!!  May you never work again!!

Fronsie, what goes around comes around, your day is coming too!!  You have ruined Day Time TV for everyone, you sick bastard!!

I'm sorry but I'm really angry!!

Thanks for the clip, Christy.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

That's OK Selma - Let it out - All this mess and those idiots are going on about an Anniversary Show - Who the Hell cares who they invite for two days - It is all so sick - I don't need to see any of them - My Favorite will be gone and you know what they can do with their big extravagenza - Peggy

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2
I do think TK might have had a hand in this.

From the opening scene you could feel Zach's pain and heartbreak and when he said he was alone I started crying and didn't stop till the end of the show.    Everything that came out of Zach's mouth today was building from when he found out about the ONS.   He tucked all his pain away in order to keep his family together and because he truly loves this woman and wanted to give his boys the family he never had.   He kept himself in control when he found out that Kendall was sleeping with Ryan but today FINALLY he let it out.

Yes some of the things he said were hard to hear but how many of us do say things when we're devastated that we don't mean or we would never say if we weren't so angry.   This is how you react when you're heart is torn out and TK was absolutely magnificient.   Behind every word Zach said you could see the pain those words were costing him because that's what TK does best he gives us these layers (I don't know if that's the right word but you all know what I mean). 

My day would have been perfect today if Zach were allowed to take his anger out on Ryan but, of course, that will never happen although I did love everything he said to Ryan.    How is it that Erica, Ryan and even Kendall don't get the fact that sticking Ryan in Zach's face constantly is a big reminder of what Ryan did with Zach's wife.   Why the hell would you send Ryan over to that house?

When the turkey arrived all I could think about was that Zach promised Kendall it would all be over by Thanksgiving and it is but she's not there with him. 

Well-said, toasty2! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Quote:

That's exactly what I was thinking, that when Kendall kept asking when this will all be over, Zach had said "thanksgiving".  Zach hasn't had thanksgiving for the past two years, and I was holding out hope that he will be able to have a happy family at the thanksgiving table for once, but nooooooooo, it has all gone to hell.  Not so much because she is not there with him, but because of the unbearable pain he is in! 

Pah, when I hear the words, I feel too that Mr. Kaye must have had something to do with today's episode, especially some of Zach's words. 

You all may think I am Zobsessed, but I am STILL fuming, after 6 1/2 hours, that the fucking asshole lowlife punched Zach today, with NO reason at all, there was nothing Zach said that should have elicited that response from that freak, it should have been the other way around, since Zach was "exploding", Zach should have been allowed to  punch the living daylights out of that creep!  Just once, and there probably won't be another opportunity like this in the few days we have left. 

Of course, it will be the same freaking rabid rage monkey that will eventually bring Kendall home, and give more crap to Zach, but for now, I think Kat is leading ThadeASS on a wild goose chase, she probably did all the California searches just to mislead him. 

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Quote:

You all may think I am Zobsessed, but I am STILL fuming, after 6 1/2 hours, that the fucking asshole lowlife punched Zach today, with NO reason at all, there was nothing Zach said that should have elicited that response from that freak, it should have been the other way around, since Zach was "exploding", Zach should have been allowed to  punch the living daylights out of that creep!  Just once, and there probably won't be another opportunity like this in the few days we have left. 

Of course, it will be the same freaking rabid rage monkey that will eventually bring Kendall home, and give more crap to Zach, but for now, I think Kat is leading ThadeASS on a wild goose chase, she probably did all the California searches just to mislead him. 

Searose you are not the only one still fuming about Ryass getting off yet ANOTHER punch to Zach when the fact is that Zach should have taken ALL his anger out on that bastard.  

What also pissed me off is that Ryass couldn't understand where Zach was  coming from.   If Ryass' wife slept with another man he would go out of his mind and yet he looks at Zach like it's no big deal and he doesn't understand what he's all upset about.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:

When Kendall was sleeping with Ryan, I said many times that she needed professional help and when those words came out of Zach's mouth I thought those are words that someone would really say because I did feel that way.   When he said that he would keep her away from Ian, that too is something a person would say who wants to protect a child from the hurt they're feeling because they've been betrayed.   All very realistic stuff.  Painful to hear but I'd rather hear and see these scenes than Zach sitting there staring with absolutely no dialogue and keeping one more thing locked up inside.

Another reason why this is all so good is because BOTH Zach and Kendall are the victims here and that's what makes it good soap.   There is no pointing fingers of who did what to who because they are both being played by Aidan.  Where Pratt messed up big time (besides the plot crap) is that he should have had Aidan kidnap Kendall to punish her for breaking up him and Greenlee and for Greenlee's death not because he has feelings for her.   Pratt ruins stories because he doesn't look at the big picture and just concentrates on the plot.  Also, this should have started long before this because I have a feeling they will rush through the ending and not give the story the resolution it deserves.

ITA and it's funny, I don't call women whores, but I know I've called Kendall a sex addict/nympho before because of her behavior, so when Zach said she was sick and damaged, and then said it wasn't fair to call her a hooker because hookers do it for money, I mentally cheered through the pain.  To me, that's it exactly

Zach has been choking back these feelings for a long time.  He's both Kendall's victim and Aidan's victim, and whatever Aidan is doing to him, he wouldn't be able to do if Kendall hadn't already laid (cough) the groundwork.  She's Aidan's victim and I think it's disgusting what he's doing to her - but she gets to be the victim.  Zach doesn't, even though he is, several times over.  And that pisses me off royally!

And Ryan being the great and wise counselor - OMG, talk about salt in the wound!!!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:

What also pissed me off is that Ryass couldn't understand where Zach was  coming from.   If Ryass' wife slept with another man he would go out of his mind and yet he looks at Zach like it's no big deal and he doesn't understand what he's all upset about.

LOL, I was just talking to somebody about how the freak took off on his bike when he saw Kendall (WHO HE WAS NOT EVEN MARRIED TO) playing Aidiot for info on what Erica was doing with her penthouse.  He KNEW Kendall wasn't sleeping with monkey # 2, that she was pretending to seduce the worm, and still, he rode his bike out of town!   Classic case of Do as I say, not as I do

I will never understand what kind of sadistic bastards are writing/directing this where Zach's beautiful face repeatedly makes contact with the filth of the earth, when it should be Zach's knuckles making contact with the monkey dentures!

Christy, that is the saddest thing, Zach is the ultimate victim, but Kendall will get all the sympathy and support from everyone in town, while they will stone Zach for having trusted his eyes.

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I agree damaged she is and needs lots of help but what I found really made  me shed any shred of empathy for her was during the episode when Zach, Aiden and Kendall were viewing the disc of Annie with JR and Scott.  Kendall comes out with a statement and I may be quoting incorrectly, "what a skank".  Oh boy look at the pot calling the kettle black.  She did set the ground work for her own misfortune this time, it is just too awful that the real suffering is what's going on in her husband's heart. It is though his soul has been ripped out. His reactions almost seem in slow, methodically motion and  that's what is great about this man as an actor. The whole thing blows but he is carrying it very very well.  JMO

Ryan yeah a real great counselor touche.

The turkey pic is still killing me.

Megan
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #20 
I've been sitting here trying to put my emotions into words, and the complexity of my response to TK's work makes me realize how powerful and evocative (but understated and brilliant) his performance was today - oh, hell, every day.

I'm so sad, weeping for poor Zach as he sits in his living room, feeling betrayed and alone, hopeless and empty.  Cheering for TK for a fabulous performance.  Pissed off that we're looking at the end of TK's stay in Pine Valley, mourning the material he could've been given in a more skillful writer's hands. 

When TK left OLTL, we at least got a Patrick and Marty wedding (marred though it was by gunplay and the "death" of Patrick - oh what a wrenching scene! that still drops me to my figurative knees) and they wound up riding off into the Irish sunset together.  On Port Charles, we didn't know we were watching his last scenes, because the show was canceled while they were on hiatus.

But this time... this time, I'm so disappointed.  Disappointed that they never found someone who could take advantage of Thorsten's skills.  Disgusted that they squandered this man's talent.  Even given crappy material, Thorsten rises above it and grips our hearts.  I just wish he'd been given spectacular material - oh, what could have been! And I'm SO MAD I have to say "what could have been!"

Gonna miss the hell out of seeing TK on my screen most days.  But I guarantee I'll never watch the idiotic mess that AMC has become once Zach makes his final exit.

Here's hoping that the next job TK gets, whether that is daytime, primetime, movies, miniseries, whatever - that he works for people who appreciate his talents and give him material worthy such a spectacular actor.  NB to any producer:  Thorsten is an incredible writer as well - let him write his own material!!!

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Gina, perfectly said.    I too wish TK all the best as he deserves so much more.     Once TK leaves I too will leave AMC.  

I don't usually type this, but "Fuck" Pratt and AMC.  

Beverly

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 

These last few scenes of Zach's are really hard and painful to watch.  Again I say that Zendall could have ended better.  The whole family could have gone on a well deserved vacation that had Zach starting up a new casino in another country to celebrate Kendall's being free. Then Kendall could have come back (after her maternity leave) and a decision could have been made to the fact that they were going to permanently stay in that country and raise their family.  I don't want to see Zach leaving hurt.  That punch from Ryan was so out of left field.  Zach should have gotten up and finished destroying his place by kicking Ryan's ass.  He has punched Zach too many times and gotten away with it.  Erica seems to be the only one who feels that something isn't right about Kendall not wanting to come back to her boys.  That is one cold-hearted mother to leave her boys for Aiden.  Remember she stayed at home with Zach when he told her she couldn't take the boys when she and Ryan had an open affair.  Bad writing as usual Pratt!.  Someone please step in and give us a better ending to Zach then the way it's going now.  I still want a happy Zendall ending.  Please!.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Gina - I agree - They had the best and they did not appreciate what they had - I don't give a damn who they bring back for this stupid Anniversary Show because I will not watch any of it once TK goes - Peggy

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

OK, call me crazy, but what the hell was the delivery guy talking about when he said "we usually leave it with your wife"?  Last year, she was in a coma.  The year before, when Zach was in the bunker, she had "ordered" the meal, all the previous years were at Valley Inn.  Besides, has Kendall ever cooked?  Has she ever even brewed a pot of coffee?  The only time I have seen her in the kitchen is when she was cooking some goo for Fusion   The only time she tried to make dinner for Zach, she burned the roast  

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

nurlenz, Zach is not leaving this week, therefore, it is not necessary that Zach is leaving like this.  I am sure the village asshole will play hero again and bring Kendall home.  What I did not like about Erica yesterday (aside from intensely hating her asking the rage monkey to go to Zach) was her saying that Kendall will come back and smooth it over.  It is so easy for Kane women to "smooth over" their betrayals, and even though this time Kendall did not actually sleep with someone else, it is sad to hear the assumption on Erica's part that something like this can be "smoothed over"!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
 You  have all made good points:
 1.) That AMC has not appreciated the treasure they've had for 5 1/2 years.. what TK HAS done with the crap they gave him and oh what he COULD have done with really good scripts.His superior talent has shone through in spite of the idiots in charge and turned a lot of shit into gold..
 2.) That Kendall has NEVER deserved Zach. Even when she wasn't actually sleeping with anyone else she has ALWAYS put Zach at the end of the line behind her feelings for the needs of Ryan, Greenlee, Aiden, etc etc etc and let him know it, right from the word go. She talked " Zach-love", but acted "Ryan and friends-first", never giving a thought as to how much she was ripping Zach's heart out.
 3.) That the turkey delivery showed again that Pratt obviously has never read up on the the history of any of the characters or previous story lines, or EVEN the ones that fell within his OWN tenure with the show.
 4.) That Zach's "I am alone." was enough to kill us all. Those soft words hit my stomach like a punch and I needed so badly to crash through that screen and wrap him up with my own body. Normally i am not a crier, but when Zach hurts, the tears just burst out. It hurts a lot to watch Zach...it's going to hurt WORSE when he's not there to watch!
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:

OK, call me crazy, but what the hell was the delivery guy talking about when he said "we usually leave it with your wife"?  Last year, she was in a coma.  The year before, when Zach was in the bunker, she had "ordered" the meal, all the previous years were at Valley Inn.  Besides, has Kendall ever cooked?  Has she ever even brewed a pot of coffee?  The only time I have seen her in the kitchen is when she was cooking some goo for Fusion   The only time she tried to make dinner for Zach, she burned the roast  

Priceless observation!!! No fucking shit! Kendall must order turkeys and whip up Thanksgiving dinners in that other PV dimension where so many things seem to happen that we're just supposed to believe in on zero evidence (like religion)  -- Offscreenland.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Priceless observation!!! No fucking shit! Kendall must order turkeys and whip up Thanksgiving dinners in that other PV dimension where so many things seem to happen that we're just supposed to believe in on zero evidence (like religion)  -- Offscreenland.

Delivery guy probably thinks Rachel is Mrs. Slater, lol.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:

nurlenz, Zach is not leaving this week, therefore, it is not necessary that Zach is leaving like this.  I am sure the village asshole will play hero again and bring Kendall home.  What I did not like about Erica yesterday (aside from intensely hating her asking the rage monkey to go to Zach) was her saying that Kendall will come back and smooth it over.  It is so easy for Kane women to "smooth over" their betrayals, and even though this time Kendall did not actually sleep with someone else, it is sad to hear the assumption on Erica's part that something like this can be "smoothed over"!

Don't you know that Kane woman don't consider sleeping with another man as a big deal.  How many men has Erica slept with while married to another man (maybe that's why she's been married ten times).    It's just like Erica doesn't see why Zach might have a problem with Ryan after Ryan slept with the man's wife in their bed.    Remember how Erica couldn't believe that Zach wanted a divorce or that Zach slept with Liza even after her daughter committed adultery.  I guess good husbands just suck it up. 

Too funny about the turkey being delivered every year even though I know the point was because Zach promised Kendall it would be over by Thanksgiving and we had to rub one more thing in Zach's face.     The Slaters have never had a holiday since they're in this house.

I'm not going nuts over this show anymore I just want to enjoy TK's performance and soak every minute up till the next time he's on my screen.   Once he's gone I will be gone after watching my entire life.
toosie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 

Toasty2, you're last paragraph says it all!!

jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Site Meter

AMC 11-24-09

Thank you so much for the clips.  I’m in Hawaii on vacation and not able to see the show live as we are either at the beach – or yesterday took glider flights over the mountains and ocean. 

Nice to come back to the guest house and download (wireless!!!) the clip for the day.  Yesterday’s was painful to watch but I couldn’t help but cheer every word out of Zach’s mouth.  I did find it obscene that Zach had to take another punch from Ryan.  I am not one for violence of any kind, but I pray that Zach gets one good one in before he leaves Pine Valley.

I’ve said time and time again that Kendall would cause Zach nothing but pain from day one as she is Erica Kane’s daughter.  They treat their men like so much Kleenex. 

Again – thank you.  Heading for the North Shore surfing competitions today.  Predicting 30 foot (!!) waves.  Will “tune” in tonight to see what I’m sure will be more grief for Zach.  Hard to watch, but at the same time – it’s Thorsten and no one does it better!

Zach – if you need a place to hide out – there is this beautiful yellow house on a hill top here – I can highly recommend.   

nurlenz

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:

Searose,  I hope that your right about the leaving like this part.  Remember,  we probably still have some of Pratt's writings left.  Pratt doesn't like happy couples.  The smoothing over part is typical Kane women.  Pratt seems to like the Kane women to come out on top no matter what situation they get themselves in.  Kendall has really screwed around on Zach twice and he forgave her so the third time probably will end happily for her even though she didn't actually do it.  I think that Pratt may even have Zach killing Aiden once he finds out that Kendall is kidnapped by him.  Kendall will get a message some way to him or Erica or maybe the fake Kendall will demand more money from Zach and then confess her part with Aiden.  How did Aiden come up with that money?.  When they left they had nothing on them but the clothes off their backs.  Wouldn't that money leave a trail to find him by the Feds?.
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
First of all, thank you so much for this clip, Christy. And since I'm so tardy, thank you Christy and Kathy for all the wonderful clips you have made that keep me in the loop when life interferes. I don't say it nearly often enough, but I always feel the gratitude for your efforts and for you.

Unfortunately, until the 36-hour day is implemented, my time is often not my own. It's my own fault for returning to school, but I'm so grateful to TK and the inspiration of his characters and how they inspired me to pursue my own dreams. Despite my time management issues, I never miss an episode of AMC that includes Zach and I watch faithfully every day that he is on... and I will miss having TK and Zach as a part of my week when they depart AMC. I still remember how awful it was when Ian was snatched from us and I hate to say goodbye to the amazing character of Zach Slater... hopefully, though, we will have a new and even more amazing character in our lives before too many months pass.

I am astounded daily at TK's work... not that it's unexpected, but because I know just how hard this must have been. Knowing that he was leaving, he still provides the most amazing performances. I am so moved by Zach's pain and all the emotions he has experienced over the past few months... not that I wasn't moved before, but now it has a bittersweet quality to it. The talent of the man who portrays Zach cannot be adequately expressed, even by someone who loves words as I do, but it must be acknowledged. I will always treasure the years we've had Zach, and always be grateful for TK's ability to imbue him with so much humanity and heart.

Zach is breaking my heart. He has nowhere to turn and no one to turn to. Despite all that he has suffered at the hands of his father, his brother and through the loss of his mother, he is still capable of tremendous love, compassion, and forgiveness. He has forgiven Kendall for more than I can imagine anyone could forgive... and while it was hard for him, he found a way. Just in offering to ignore his demons and put out the fires that feed them, he gave Kendall the gift of his love and his trust. Despite the harridan she had become, he still put love and family first and dared to hope. And how he has the strength to continue to hope awes me. I don't think I have ever seen him hope that it hasn't been greeted with pain and dashed to the ground in pieces. From the moment his father murdered his mother, he has been punished for hope, for love, and for compassion. Yet he cannot stop his heart's yearning for love and family.

There is so much to hate about this story... so much that has been said about Ryan, about Erica, about Aidan and about Kendall. I hate them all and echo your sentiments. Right now, though, all I can focus on is Zach's pain... because TK makes it so visceral in Zach's bravado... with a little room for resentment against Kendall and what passes for writing on this show. For so many years I have watched Zach know Kendall better than she knows herself... I've watched Zach know Kendall's heart (or what passes for a heart... I'm still puzzled as to why such a heartless, callous woman needed a transplant) and move heaven and earth to satisfy it. For the same amount of time, I've watch Kendall's absolute cluelessness where her husband was concerned... her inability to understand him or accept him for who he is. If he wasn't dancing to her tune, she was cruel in her reaction... and if he wasn't catering to her whims, she was threatening... and her betrayals are countless. Yet Kendall is the one having premonitions and dreams about Zach's pain and Aidan's plans. I'm supposed to believe that this shallow, self-absorbed diva is suddenly intuitive? I'm supposed to believe that the same woman who forced Zach to choose between his daughter and her (just before dumping him) can now feel his pain through a drunken stupor? What a crock of bullshit. Zach has believed the best of Kendall despite all evidence to the contrary -- not only the evidence of his eyes, but the evidence of his intellect and intuition as well. I can completely accept and understand that Zach is finally believing his eyes. He has tried it the other way and been paid back in pain, pain, and more pain. Finally, he can absorb no more... so he quits trying to excuse Kendall or forgive her. And considering his tremendous belief in keeping mothers and children together (fueled by his father's murder of his mother), seeing Zach pushed to the point of believing that Ian should never see his mother again makes it hurt so much more. He has nothing left... he cannot trust anything he once believed, and is having to face a cold hard truth. And it is tearing him apart.

I don't give a shit that Kendall is a "victim" here. She placed herself in that situation. She unabashedly flirted with Aidan and sent him mixed messages... not that I believe that is any excuse for Aidan's behavior... but I can muster no pity nor care for her predicament. The one, the ONLY victim here is Zach. Aidan knew exactly what to do so that Zach would turn his back on Kendall... and he stoked the fires that feed Zach's demons until they could consume no more. But Aidan did it with Kendall's help... because Kendall already knows how Zach feels about Aidan and about her being with Aidan in any way, even platonically. But she did it anyway. Because Kendall can't see past the nose on her face... she only does what she wants to do for herself without consideration of others... and she is as incapable of love as Ryan. But it doesn't matter. Because, as has already been pointed out, the pain that Zach will feel when he discovers the truth will be worse than any punishment she could mete out.

The writers may change, but the rules stay the same... just as it has been for the last five and a half years, it will be until the last day TK airs...

Zach Must Lose.

Thank you TK for using your exquisite talent to convey the pain that goes with that loss. As much as it hurts to watch, I couldn't miss a minute of Zach's journey.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 

Poor sweet baby!   I was so glad he's finally seen the light.   Kendall is a nympho bitch.   I did love how he popped back up after the ass hit him again!

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.