Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Julia's "There's nothing sexier than a man with a baby" to Zach holding Ian made me melt. Too bad it wasn't followed by more scenes of Ian-parent-bonding/dreaming of their future when he comes home. No, it then became all about Spike's hearing (doesn't everything, ultimately?)...but much worse was yet to come.

I love Zach scenes with the Kane family, but I simply can't stomach Zach's awkward absorption into the Lavery family. You'd think I'd have been pleased by Jonathan's quip that Zach looked good in a tux (TWO Zach compliments today!!!) after Zach joked that he was going to be Jonathan's best man. But all things considered, it all rang so very,very false. 

And the worst thing was, it was all at Ian's expense. As always he was just an afterthought. Jonathan's sicko wedding to his ex-wife's ex-prostitute lookalike sister got all the attention. THIS is what they think we want to see? Well, I sure don't.

AMC 10/30/07 [8.79MB]
No Zach in preview.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks for the clip, Kathy.  ITA!  It's All MY LAVERYS.  I feel totally cheated .. a slight reference to Ian... it's all about Spikey Lavery!  I really hope that somewhere down the line, he is not HISSON! 

And... if it's not ALL MY LAVERYS... it's  ALL GREENLEE'S DREAMS

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Julia's "There's nothing sexier than a man with a baby" to Zach holding Ian made me melt. Too bad it wasn't followed by more scenes of Ian-parent-bonding/dreaming of their future when he comes home. No, it then became all about Spike's hearing (doesn't everything, ultimately?)...but much worse was yet to come.

I love Zach scenes with the Kane family, but I simply can't stomach Zach's awkward absorption into the Lavery family. You'd think I'd have been pleased by Jonathan's quip that Zach looked good in a tux (TWO Zach compliments today!!!) after Zach joked that he was going to be Jonathan's best man. But all things considered, it all rang so very,very false. 

And the worst thing was, it was all at Ian's expense. As always he was just an afterthought. Jonathan's sicko wedding to his ex-wife's ex-prostitute lookalike sister got all the attention. THIS is what they think we want to see? Well, I sure don't.

AMC 10/30/07 [8.79MB]
No Zach in preview.

You said it all Kathy.  So totally sick of the Lavery clan and it's such bull----. They gave us the first 20 seconds of Ian so we would watch and the rest was all propping the Lavery clan.  Can you say sinking ratings?  Today's show served absolutely no purpose.

I won't even mention GB. 
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the clip Kathy.  I couldn't agree more with EVERYTHING you said.  I wish there was a whole lot more of Zen bonding with Ian.  So past due.  I hope the idiots will let the Team Slater have at least one peaceful day/night at home before all the $#!+ hits the fan!  Jonboy shaking Zach's hand seemed extremely hypocritical!  So now we have to stomach Jonboy included in Slater/Lavery extended family scenes, ugh!

I couldn't help noticing a couple of things in all the Graiden scenes.  She uses the same mugs as the Slaters.  AMC is so cheap!  And has Aidumb moved in his clothes with her?  Or, is he wearing HER pajama bottoms, while she lounges around in the top?

Joonyer is the punching bag of the week, LOL!

One correction to what Kendall said.  "ALL of our obnoxious voices"?  Laverys' may be, but ZACH HAS THE SEXIEST VOICE, you silly woman!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Amen, MSE, Ditto, ICAM, etc.

Nope, nothing sexier than a man with a baby - as long as the man is Zach!

WTF was Jonathug doing there?! He completely ruined the announcement of Ian coming home - and then there was Kendall's forced expression of sympathy to Annie about her psycho brother. Gotta get equal time for the two psychos bro-in-laws going after the identical half sisters. Nothing can ever be about just Zach, Kendall and Ian on this show....and then Kendall mentioned that Ian would be coming home in a "couple weeks" which Zach amended to the "holidays" and I just hope he means the Thanksgiving holidays and not the Christmas ones with the annual appearance Father Grim Reaper Clarence. (Wouldn't it be great if he officiated at Jonathan and Ava's wedding?)

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:

AMC 10/30/07 [8.79MB]
No Zach in preview.

ITA Kathy, ITA.
Thank you for the video.
I hope when Ian finally gets to come home they don't turn it into a "One Big Happy Family" moment, but I'm not holding my breath.  It would be nice if Ryannie took Spike for the day, and we got an episode with Zach, Kendall and Ian getting settled in together.  Maybe them having a little conversation about their hope for the future coming home.  I know, I'm delusional.

ETA:  Christy, I think Father Grim Reaper would make an excellent officiate for the Psycho/Slut nuptials.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks Kathy.  Haven't seen the entire show, so I can't comment on anything outside your clips. 

I did love Kendall's quick remark about Zach "not welcome to go back to bachlorhood".  The look on his face was great.  That interaction is so close to an actual married couple.  This is what I want to see - only much more of it and with Ian involved also.  I could care less about the Loserville Laverys and their "women".

GreenSleaze showing up at the end just made me want to reach through the monitor and slap the shit out of her.  Maybe Grim Reaper Father Clarence could spend some time with her after the "wedding" and get rid of them all. 

~ HAWT Banner by Monica ~

~ Thanks Diane for the Avi ~
Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
At first I was so happy to finally see baby Ian with his mom and being held by his dad.  I thought to myself that they are finally going to focus on Ian and that it was about damn time!  The next thing I see is that Ian once afuckinggain had to be usurped by  S P I K E!!!!!!!!!!!!  That poor gorgeous baby is always being thrown aside in favor of .......S P I K E and I'm sick of it already!!!!!!!  Ian will always be second best and if it weren't for the fact that TK is on this show, I'd have turned AMC off long ago!!

I am sick of seeing the Laverys!!  ALL OF THEM!!!!

I am sick of seeing Greenlee moaning, groaning, and crying all because she wants to be a mother to another Lavery's (who happened to have made a donation for money) frozen yogurt!! (I will never eat yogurt again nor will I ever look at another raw egg without gagging!) 

I am sick of looking and listening to AiDumb (thank you searose)!  Nothing he says and does makes any sense!!

I could go on and on but I won't.  I do have one more comment to make though.

Why is ABC Daytime so obsessed with frozen embryos?!?  I tuned in to The View this morning only to hear about Sheri Shepard's frozen embryos too!

WTF is going on at ABC?!?!?!?

Thanks for the clips, Kathy.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Cassie1212

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I am sick of seeing Greenlee moaning, groaning, and crying all because she wants to be a mother to another Lavery's (who happened to have made a donation for money) frozen yogurt!! (I will never eat yogurt again nor will I ever look at another raw egg without gagging!) 

Selma you must be reading my mind - I said the same thing this morning on the phone with my girlfriend - enough already with the eggs, embryos, etc.  More Zendall less of the other BS that NOBODY cares about and which no amount of shoving down our throats will change!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Add me to this list!  I, too am sick of the Laverys/Slaters big happy family thing & it does ring hollow.  It seems so forced by the writers that we are supposed to just forget & blow off the awful bad blood between all of these
people over the past 2 yrs or so, that everything is hunky dory now??  NOT!
ITA that Julia's comment about nothing SEXIER than a man holding a baby is so true & I did melt, too when I saw Zach holding Ian, but yet again it's hi-jacked by the Spikester.  Ian will always be in Spike's shadow it seems.  So not fair, since we wanted a Zendall baby for so long & this was supposed to
be our big moment & we get all the Laverys thrown in the mix.  And I can't even stand to see Jonathan (your idiot brother) in the same room with Zach.
This isn't right, is it?  Someone needs to clue these writers in that this is so
NOT what we want to see! 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:

AMC 10/30/07 [8.79MB]
No Zach in preview.

Uh-Huh Kathy....Slavery is a horrible....bad...bad....BAD thing.

I swear the start of the episode had such promise. It was the first time we saw Zendall with real Ian. Loved their banter. But then...........

Are the writers on strike already?? Huh?

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Does Zach even have one iota of storyline anymore?   NO!!!

What did you say yesterday Kathy??

Oh ya.
GREENLEEGREENLEEGREENLEEGREENLEEGREENLEEGREENLEEGREENLEEGREENLEE

Anyway, I feel like Zach's being used as filler.   Yes, TK can take filler and turn it into gold but enough is enough.  What are those people thinking.  Well I guess that's just it.  THEY'RE NOT!!!

This is crap....all crap.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Quote:

AMC 10/30/07 [8.79MB]
No Zach in preview.

Kathy, I  agree with everything you said about the show today. Ian was again absorbed into the Spike story. I so hoped that the parent bonding moment with Ian could have been extended to a conversation about his future. I also wished that we would have learned about Ian's homecoming as  a totally separate  event, without it being overshadowed by Spike's cochlear implant news. 

I did not enjoy the extended family scene with Ryan, Annie and Jonathon. Zach and Kendall IMO just do not fit into that family picture at all.  IMO the further they are removed from them the better.  Here again Spike is the binding factor and I hate it.

The Ava/JR conversation was offensive and Greenlee's intrusion in every aspect of the show is irritating.  If TPTB believe that this is what we want to see on our TV screens, then they are insulting our intelligence.

Thank you Kathy for the clip.

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Thanks for the clip Kathy, I enjoyed the beginning with Zach, Kendall and Ian, and then everything fell apart.  They really did look like a family today for about 1 minute, then all hell broke loose.

If we do have a writers' strike, I dont suppose they would allow members of the public to fill in (i.e. Cheri, Kathy, Christy, Diva, Ann and all the other ladies who can write such wonderful stories).  Nah, they cant do that, they would put the writers' to shame, the ratings might go up, and that would never do. Well, I can dream, cant I?

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva

Greenlee's intrusion in every aspect of the show is irritating. 

Daiva, that is a big part of the problem with the show!  Others here have said it too, and I agree that TPTB always go too far when they focus on one character, and they don't know when to quit.   They rarely bring on an interesting character (when they do, they kill him off, e.g.  Michael Cambias, Raymond, Chris Stamp.........), and they try to shove the undesirables down our throats, and there are just too many of them on AMC.  They seem to be fascinated by Ava and currently seem to be obsessed with the Green monster (more like possessed by her), and it is so evident in the Annie/Richie promo of AMC.  Such a short promo (I  think it is only 30 seconds in length?) features Greenlee TWICE!  How is that justified?  WTF does she have to do with THAT s/l?   

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:

AMC 10/30/07 [8.79MB]

Thank you for the video Kathy. ITA with all you said. I sure don't either.I want our Zach on 5 days a week more than a few minutes too.Is that to much to ask for? probably is.
No Zach in preview.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
with the annual appearance Father Grim Reaper Clarence. (Wouldn't it be great if he officiated at Jonathan and Ava's wedding?)

That would be great then maybe they will die in a car crash after the wedding.  Anything around Jon and Ava are just gross and so not worth the time to watch.  I hate them having JR sniff around Ava as if she is the bestest thing since sliced bread.  It is gross and disgusting and I don't need to see it or even hear the sexual talk.  Especially when I can't get past the fact that it is being said to a 17 year old actress.  It just grates my nerves to no end.

Loved Today's Zach/Kendall/Ian.  Sure not enough of it.  I loved the lightness we had with them today. I'm loved how Annie was willing to make Ryan a single man and Kendall nope not having that.  I think I watched that scene about 5 times.  It seemed to me like there was a lot of fun being had in that scene.  Something this show has been lacking in for a long time.

Hannah and Tad...well the jury is out on that one.

Kwaks dress needs to be returned for being too fugly to look at. 

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 

[Uh-Huh Kathy....Slavery is a horrible....bad...bad....BAD thing.]

OM!!!!  I haven't noticed the "Slavery" term before and I am just about wetting myself!  If that isn't the most accurate name blend yet!!!  ROTFLMAO  Kudos to whoever coined it!

susa

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks for the clip Kathy. I am so glad I didn't see the show live today. I would have been so depressed by the rest of the show after that great beginning. Just 1 scene pre opening credits - boy they really know how to piss the audience off don't they.
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
One correction to what Kendall said.  "ALL of our obnoxious voices"?  Laverys' may be, but ZACH HAS THE SEXIEST VOICE, you silly woman!

Thanks for the clip Kathy!!  Nothing more to add because all of you have stated what I am thinking.  However, I really do enjoy light hearted scenes like we had today.  Yes, it would have been much better Lavery free, but it was still nice.

And Searose, I couldn't agree with you more!!  June
paperwaster

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Thank you for the clips Kathy.

With the exception of our brief glimpse of Ian and a little Zen banter the show was unwatchable. I work for my husband so AMC is worked into my schedule and I went back to work before the show was over.

Everytime I get my hopes up that things might be headed in a better direction, they are dashed again.
Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

These people haven't got a clue what is meaningful and what is a waste of airtime. Just boggles my mind! The Ian/Zach/Kendall scene was the only thing that really touched me and of course it lasted one second and on to Ava/JR etc. and the Jonathon. I agree that the Lavery family and Zach don't mix and it is ackward. Wasn't thrilled by the Kendall/Ryan snugfest that went on forever.
The banner is great and remarks about Zach/Ian in Detroit. Adorable baby and it should be! AND....I agree about Ian coming home....now it's the holiday's?? He could home now if reality had anything to do with this show. Worries me he is being held off until November/Thanksgiving(?) sweeps. Everything about the Slater's worries me as they are the one's who suffer the most.

If they are trying to promote Halloween then they should look no further than JR...boy is he creepy!

MinKaye4Life

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Thanks, Kathy for the clip.........

There's nothing I hate more than the Lavery's in Slater's orbit....but, there is the scene of Kendall responding to the Bachelor life comment....I thought it was funny......
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for:  Zach, Kendall and Ian in the same room.  We get 2.1 seconds of that and then its on to propping duties for the ever-needy Lavery clan.  That hug fest made me want to toss my dinner.  Thanks for the clips.

Thanks Fil!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.