Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
I loved the way Zach talked to Annie about Emma today.  There was a moment today where Zach's eyes changed just like that, without any transition, just one moment they looked one way and the next they looked completely different.  It always fascinates me when Zach does that and I watch the scene several times in a row.  Does anybody else ever do that?  It was just a split second (04:23).

Oh, and who do the Laverys remind me of?  Thinking....thinking....oh yeah!  The Balloon Family.

AMC 10/19/09Site Meter

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Oh yes Christy, I always notice when TK does that- he can change everything in a split second without any transition time at all.  For me, the highlight was when Zach flipped Annie's hair, as a cat toys with a mouse.  And asked her how she could sleep at nite?  I want to know that answer myself!  Of course, right now I'd love it if he'd yanked her hair, but I know that's never happening.  I love when Zach goes all dark, scary & lethal- he was taking no prisoners today & it totally rocked!  Could Scott be any worse?  Gads, I have no words- well, I do actually- but I'll refrain.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the clip Christy!  I just can't get into AMC these days, except, of course, for ZZZZZcenes!  Frankly speaking, I am just too distracted during the daily hour of torture, thinking about how much I am going to miss Zach, and dreading how his exit will be written by the non-writers.  But the moment Zach is in sight, all is forgotten, and I am drawn in like a moth to a flame!  The scene you mention made me gasp!  Yes, I do watch and re-watch scenes like that, TK is SUCH a master   Too bad the look didn't have the effect on Annie that I desired, so the madness continues.  It really sucks that we have to endure the current storyline for the rest of our days with the show.  Thank goodness for the crumbs of Zach scenes, and for things like Zesse alliance, I love that Jesse is cooperating with Zach to let Kendall get away, after Amanda and Jake were drawn into this drama, and now, even Hayward the Horrible joins the "Save Kendall" team! 

Too bad the three people who can end this nightmare won't do the right thing.  THESPERMDONOR is telling HISDAUGHTER that nothing is her fault, after all the weeks of stopping her from telling the truth.  He is conveniently forgetting that her claim of witnessing Kendall shoot Stuart is what made everything worse.  Crazy, scratch that, EVVUL bitch Annie is killing two birds with one stone, she is securing her meal ticket, AND getting revenge on Kendall, so, not even Zach's demeanor could scare her today.  I have to say, I was scared though!  And then there is that worthless piece of shit that calls himself Stuart's son    All that self-righteous talk when he slithered back in town, all that sainthood, everything went out the window, JUST BECAUSE Annie whispered something sweet in his ears, and now it doesn't matter to him that an innocent mother of two little children is in prison, has gotten stabbed in the said prison, could die some day too, but he won't divulge the truth?  I can't wait to hear his pathetic excuse for why he would rather drown himself in a bottle of whiskey   .  Now, HE is the new Chandler drunk after months of belittling Joonyer, UGH!  To top it all, his scenes today were just baaaad, bad lighting, bad make-up, bad hair, bad ........... (I am trying to stop here, you can fill in the blanks with your choice of words)!

ETA:  Sharon, I have no problem saying what I think of Snotty, LOL!

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks Christy.
I noticed the shift in the eyes as well. Annie should have confessed everything she ever did when she saw that glacial shift. I know I would have.
Emma is truly a Lavery/Novak........clueless and pure evil. I hope when she comes back as a teenager (if the show lasts that long, which I doubt)that she has become a serial killer and starts her killing spree with her parents. I know, but it's a nice fantasy.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Christy!!

Loved Zach with Annie today and was amazed at his self control.

However, I am sooooooooo ready for someone to throttle her sorry ass!!

June
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Christy!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

nurlenz

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Thanks Christy!!

Loved Zach with Annie today and was amazed at his self control.

However, I am sooooooooo ready for someone to throttle her sorry ass!!

June
I agree.  While they are throttling crazy Annie,  could they please throttle stupid Scott.  He can't act.  He is a disgrace to his father.  Pratt,  you should have gotten rid of Scott instead of Taylor and Aiden.  Every scene with Scott in it is one I fast forward. He has made my hate list.
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
I loved the way Zach talked to Annie about Emma today.  There was a moment today where Zach's eyes changed just like that, without any transition, just one moment they looked one way and the next they looked completely different.  It always fascinates me when Zach does that and I watch the scene several times in a row.  Does anybody else ever do that?  It was just a split second (04:23).

Oh, and who do the Laverys remind me of?  Thinking....thinking....oh yeah!  The Balloon Family.

AMC 10/19/09Site Meter

Thank you for the video,Christy.Big HUGS.Loved the Zach&Annie scenes.To think i once wanted them together.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
How cool is this... I don't even need to watch AMC... all the scenes worth watching are right here in a brightly colored package!!!! Great idea!!!!

I sure am going to miss seeing TK playing ZS... this character is my favorite out of all the ones he has played & TK... you are like a fine wine... you get better with age!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
THE BALLOON FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Bwahahahahahahaha!!! So true! Only Annie has the crazy parent role in this dysfunctional family lineup!

And if only the Lavery clan could all be herded into their own balloon o'crazy and launched into the deepest reaches of outer space. No fuel necessary; Ryan and Annie can supply the hot air between them. Pluto (Disney product placement alert!), here they come!

I noticed Zach's eye expression shift too. It was so subtle though I didn't even know what hit me until I rewatched it. Yes, I did that too! This was a power Zach day. He is still somewhat a lion caged because a child is involved, but he got to call Annie on her shit and I was breathless.

Even though all signs point to Annie not being the killer, Zach isn't aware of those signs, but that doesn't make him wrong! AFAIC Annie is every bit as guilty as the real killer, because even though she knows who the killer is NOT, she is encouraging her daughter to pin the the rap on anyone but that person, for Annie's own gain. No words for how much I despise Annie.

I loved how Zach tied Annie, Ryan and himself together though:

You know what? The three of us, we have something in common. You, me, Annie. We all had sociopaths in our lives growing up. It ends here.

Zach is the only one who seems to have the intelligence and the sensitivity and the foresight to realize what will happen to Emma if Annie is allowed to keep manipulating her and Ryan is afraid to extract the truth from her. Zach knows what kind of effect it'll have on Emma if she isn't set straight; the parallels between him and his father, and Emma and Annie, are eerie and chilling.

{Note to Kendall:  Please stay far far away and don't let Zach know where you are because I want to keep watching Zach and Annie battle it out on their own!)

Thanks for the clip!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Thanks for the clip Christy.   I noticed that thing with the eyes, but had to watch it a second time to see it!!!!!!.  I envy him his self control, I'd have gone ahead and throttled her.

Thorsten was just marvelous  again.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Thanks for the clip Christy - Was really intense today - Peggy

amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Thanks so much.   Nice to not have to wade through the garbage. 

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
susa

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Thanks for the clip Christy.
Loved Zach with Jesse, Ryan, and Annie but honestly I'm ready for this storyline to end.  The show is just too tedious.   Frankly, the balloon family seems charming to me compared to Annie and Ryan (I can do w/o "manipulative" and "self righteous" for months on end).
Thanks again. 
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks, Christy ~

Oh, yeah, I noticed it too!  It was seamless!  I love when he does that!  I loved how Zach got into Annie's personal space today, when he took a strand of her hair and said, "Tell me, how do you sleep at night?"  I was terrified, and she didn't even flinch! 

And then, there's Scotty.......puhleeze!  High-def ain't gonna help! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Zach is the only one who seems to have the intelligence and the sensitivity and the foresight to realize what will happen to Emma if Annie is allowed to keep manipulating her and Ryan is afraid to extract the truth from her. Zach knows what kind of effect it'll have on Emma if she isn't set straight; the parallels between him and his father, and Emma and Annie, are eerie and chilling.

EXACTLY Kathy.    Zach buried the secret of his mother and knows how that affected his whole life and you would think that Ryan and Annie would realize that but they're both selfish and stupid individuals.

I have no sympathy for Ryan because he should have had this taken care of with a professional when the murder first happened even if Emma didn't see who actually shot Stuart because she was in that house during a murder.   He's so fast to blame Annie for everything but he doesn't see that his actions hurt his daughter just as much as Annie's actions are hurting her.   I do love, however, that his daughter won't talk to him simply because he thinks he's this great father and HE'S NOT.

Don't you just love how Spike's name hasn't been mentioned since he left the Slaters house?

I did love Zach with Annie and his touching her hair.   I also love any Zach/Jesse scenes.

Thanks Christy
ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Thanks for the clip Christy.   LOL that the Laverys remind you of the Balloon Family.   So true.   Enjoyed the Zach/Annie scenes.  I to wonder what is going on with little Spike?    Guess, he's up in a balloon somewhere......

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2

Quote:

EXACTLY Kathy.    Zach buried the secret of his mother and knows how that affected his whole life and you would think that Ryan and Annie would realize that but they're both selfish and stupid individuals.

I have no sympathy for Ryan because he should have had this taken care of with a professional when the murder first happened even if Emma didn't see who actually shot Stuart because she was in that house during a murder.   He's so fast to blame Annie for everything but he doesn't see that his actions hurt his daughter just as much as Annie's actions are hurting her.   I do love, however, that his daughter won't talk to him simply because he thinks he's this great father and HE'S NOT.

Don't you just love how Spike's name hasn't been mentioned since he left the Slaters house?

I did love Zach with Annie and his touching her hair.   I also love any Zach/Jesse scenes.

Thanks Christy

Yeah, that, plus, Annie was blamed by RTF for killing her BFF, and she buried that memory and look how her life turned out!  THAT should have been brought up and shoved in Annie's face, but TIIC have very convenient memory lapses 

Yeah, that too, because FATHEROFTHEYEAR-NOT actually STOPPED Emma, repeatedly, from talking (constantly repeating "you don't have to talk to anyone" line!) instead of MAKING her talk to unburden herself.  The first time she was in hospital after she shut down, the PVH psyche should have made more effort on that front too, instead, we got Willis questioning her 

Unrelated:  It still bugs me the way ConFusion bartender referred to his boss as someone being a killer!  Do the dialog writers know who is who before they "write" these lines? 

Gee, my eyes really hurt now from all the rolling I have been doing

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

Searose, that was a huge WTF for me, too!!  I  mean, do you really think the bartender wouldn't have had a clue that the fugitive was his boss/owner of Confusion??  Do tptb ever think about this stuff?  Do you suppose tiic have forgotten that?  Possible, since Kendall's been away from it so long- who knows.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

I found the above discussion of TK's ability to shift the expression in his eyes so quickly very interesting because this is what I watch for so closely all the time. Boy, is he subtle! I have spent hours through the years running and rerunning certain scenes  in slo-mo, trying to pinpoint just exactly what it is he has done that has changed his meaning. Sometimes it IS his eyes, sometimes an eyebrow, a slight shift in the mouth. a head position. God, what an acting lesson this man is! He is incredible!!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah

I found the above discussion of TK's ability to shift the expression in his eyes so quickly very interesting because this is what I watch for so closely all the time. Boy, is he subtle! I have spent hours through the years running and rerunning certain scenes  in slo-mo, trying to pinpoint just exactly what it is he has done that has changed his meaning. Sometimes it IS his eyes, sometimes an eyebrow, a slight shift in the mouth. a head position. God, what an acting lesson this man is! He is incredible!!

I remember when I was making a music video, which everyone who's made one know requires endlessly rewinding and fastforwarding scenes, I became fascinated watching how he so often just remained so still in RW or FF mode while everybody else in the scene with him looked almost comically antic with their hand and arm gesturing, dodging and weaving, head bobbing and exaggerated expressions. It was like watching a Michaelangelo statue surrounded by a bunch of clowns, marionettes and cymbal-clashing monkeys.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah

I remember when I was making a music video, which everyone who's made one know requires endlessly rewinding and fastforwarding scenes, I became fascinated watching how he so often just remained so still in RW or FF mode while everybody else in the scene with him looked almost comically antic with their hand and arm gesturing, dodging and weaving, head bobbing and exaggerated expressions. It was like watching a Michaelangelo statue surrounded by a bunch of clowns, marionettes and cymbal-clashing monkeys.

OMG Kathy, what a PERFECT comparison, that's our Mahn, surrounded by the village idiots!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Wow - Kathy - You always sum it up so well - That says it all - Peggy

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #24 
Thanks, Peggy and searose. He makes it easy to come up with these things!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM
Thanks, Christy ~

Oh, yeah, I noticed it too!  It was seamless!  I love when he does that!  I loved how Zach got into Annie's personal space today, when he took a strand of her hair and said, "Tell me, how do you sleep at night?"  I was terrified, and she didn't even flinch! 

And then, there's Scotty.......puhleeze!  High-def ain't gonna help! 
You have to remember,  crazy people don't get scared easily.  Annie really wasn't scared.  If Zach had gotten in any of our personal space,  I think we would have given him all the info he needed.  You're right,  Annie didn't even flinch.  Crazy Bitch.
nurlenz

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 

I'm so tired of all these so called righteous people trying to do what's right.  Annie,  Scott, and Ryan.  Adam is so fuckin' stupid that he can't remember the night fully of the murder.  If they say the drugs are still in his system,  then he shouldn't be able to marry crazy Annie because he still is under the drugs.  Shit,  they should have asked Aiden to plant a bug in a bracelet or something and let Emma have it.  Remember Aiden did it with a pair of earrings for Greenlee.  They could have ended this boring story a long long time ago.  Let's get it over. 

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
nurlenz, planting a bug on Emma would bring the story to conclusion more rapidly.  WHY would Fratt & Co. want to free us and Zach of the torture?  They are obviously enjoying the low ratings (which, of course, will hit rock bottom after TK's departure).  Remember, Zach already said it will be Thanksgiving before this is over.  I think that was our hint. 
Four more weeks of lunacy means Zach will have no time to catch his breath before we lose him

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.