Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
The power of Zach! Ladies, we had an earthquake ten minutes before the show ended (I'm in MD about 20 mi. north of DC... Christy's in VA about 20 miles south... she's OK too). Both our houses shook, mine sounded like it was about to come crashing down... yes, I ran outside. (g)

But my Dazzle actually kept working through it all, so here's the clip. I'll try to come up with comments later.

AMC 08/23/11

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Holy crap, Kathy!  I was thinking about the both of you.  Glad you both are safe!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

tjsmith

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
The power of Zach! Ladies, we had an earthquake ten minutes before the show ended (I'm in MD about 20 mi. north of DC... Christy's in VA about 20 miles south... she's OK too). Both our houses shook, mine sounded like it was about to come crashing down... yes, I ran outside. (g)

We felt it here in West Virgina too Kathy. I am not that far from DC either. It was scary. I felt a wave go through my house and went outside too. Glad you and Christy are okay. 

I haven't watched the end of the show yet but will later after I stop shaking. 

Thanks for making the clip with all that was going on!
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks for the clip Kathy!  In the middle of an earthquake, you and your Dazzle put out a clip.  You are so dedicated   I was thinking about all of you on the east coast as I heard the news, and I am glad you and Christy are OKaye, and I hope everyone else is OKaye too!

Oh yeah, The Power of Zach!  The take-charge Zach is back, and he is out of his hospital rags.  I wish we had seen him change, because that scar on the side of his neck was so disturbing to watch yesterday, it left me wanting to see how bad he was cut up and put together.  We had seen the arm earlier too.  Anyway, Zach broke my heart by bringing up his mom, and acknowledging that it's too late for her.  And he tries to push Kendall away AGAIN, for the sake of HER safety!  It would have been nice if she had explained Grief situation to Zach instead of him overhearing their conversation or hearing from Greens or from David's insinuations.  But all she said was "you found out about.....".  I think she owes Zach better explanation than that.  And there barges in Grief, demanding crap from Zach!  But I guess this being AMC, things won't change!

"I KNOW THERE ARE OTHERS"!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to see Zach fish out all of David's patients. 

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Thanks for the clip Kathy - Sure glad You and Christy are OK - Thought the washer was walking but remembered there was nothing in it - Kind of took our minds away from the impending storm - Peggy

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
I think she owes Zach better explanation than that.  And there barges in Grief, demanding crap from Zach!  But I guess this being AMC, things won't change!

Yep, it would have been real nice if she'd elaborated on her relationship with Grief rather than just tell Zach he was always with her.  It would have also been nice if she hadn't bothered to ask Grief to accompany her outside Zach's room.  Not the brightest move IMO...especially not when you're trying to reassure your husband that he's the one you want and there's nothing going on with the other guy.

I continue to love how Zach barely acknowledges Grief's presence.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
I hope everyone else is OK! I ran outside, too - I thought my house was going to fall down or explode, and can't believe the power didn't go out.

I just managed to watch what happened on the show after 1:51. Here are my earthquake-driven thoughts. As always, Zach was damned if he did and damned if he didn't where Kendall is concerned. I wish she'd take Zach up on his offer up front instead of steering Grieff out of the room to soothe widdle feewings right in front of him the way she did after he came in to order Zach around and got nowhere (how does Zach even know who Cara is?).

If they named earthquakes like they do hurricanes I'd call this one Earthquake Zach!

P.S. Did I really hear Tad say Orifice instead of Orpheus??

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
(how does Zach even know who Cara is?).

I wondered the same thing! 

Quote:
P.S. Did I really hear Tad say Orifice instead of Orpheus??

I believe so, LOL! 

On the shallow end...Zach was looking mighty handsome today.  The end shot was the one in the hotsheet that we've been drooling over since it was posted, lol.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

WHOA Christy, Earthquake ZACH!  It's going to be shaking up a lot in PV

I am glad you and Peggy and TJS are OKaye.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Zach has always caused the earth to move under my feet, but this was over the top!  Whole lotta shakin' goin' on here in SC!  I was waiting for Zach's last scene & then the whole world started moving!  My recliner was jumping up & down - w/me in it!  My lampshade was dancing a jig -  I guess we were all happy to see Zach up & walking around!  LOL!  I couldn't get over it being centered in VA since we felt it so strongly here - it lasted sev mins here - I've been in some before, but nothing that lasted this long or was this strong.  Glad you & Christy are ok - I was most afraid of our gas main bursting since the most shaking was happening right where it's located - but it seems to be ok.  Zach baby - you rocked our world today!!  He was lookin' mighty good! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I live outside Burlington Vermont near Canada and I was in bed watching AMC when the bed started shaking. I have experienced several earthquakes since coming back to VT because upstate NY has a large fault but couldn't believe it was in VA! I guess Zach does have that kind of power! WOW! Never had him shake my bed before but it doesn't surprise me! Great show and thanks for getting the show despite all the shaking. Glad both you and Christy are okay. Contacted family in NC and they felt it too.
OH the show....did Greenlee actually tell the Griff to keep his picture of Kendall and him? Is that a knife in the back to Zach dear friend Greenlee??? It is a no win situation for Zach as Kendall will always hit the road sooner or later to her backup. Why can't he EVER have a one on one with Kendall without a dreary twit waiting with baited breathe for her to leave him? WHY oh WHY?
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

But my Dazzle actually kept working through it all, so here's the clip. I'll try to come up with comments later.

AMC 08/23/11Site MeterSite Meter

Kathy,Ohmygosh,i just got home&heard about the Earthquake and SO glad you&Christy are OK.Sending you both Huge HUGS today.Thank you for the video.Hope everyone is OK out there.I thought that only happened in CA?

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Thank you for the clips and glad all are safe!

sistasluvszach

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I am glad that all is OK with you ladies.  I live in California, earthquake county and know first hand how scary they can be.  A 5.9 quake is no joke.  The TV has reported fatalities; I am sorry for the affected families.

I am so enjoying TK and the show.  The mahn is looking good!
Thanks for the otwks ladies!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #15 
Lotsa shakin' goin' on all over today! From SC to VT, yikes. Glad to hear from everyone reporting in! Bonnit, I had not heard that there were fatalities... really sorry to hear that.

I didn't really have a chance to absorb the last two Zach scenes before I made the video this afternoon, so I just rewatched the whole clip. Geez, they gave Ryan the day off, but Greenlee was the designated buttinsky today, so it just never ends! C'mon, Greenlee, don't you have a company to run or something?!

I think it's killing Zach that another man (AKA the dreary twit) saved Kendall's life when he wasn't there, and it's making Zach really question his own purpose (and associated value) in life. I wish Kendall would remind Zach that the only reason he wasn't there because he had, very much against his own wishes, answered her fervent pleas to retrieve her friends Ryan and Greenlee.

And seriously, how many times does Zach need to ask Kendall about her feelings for Grieffin before it dawns on her that having tete-a-tete's with him right under Zach's nose five minutes after reassuring Zach about him isn't a good idea? Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot.

I was starting to give her credit and buying her protestations  that Kendall wants to and will stick by Zach -- and it's something Zach sooooooooo needs to hear, and internalize since the heart of that traumatized little boy who believed for all those years that he killed his mother still beats inside Zach's chest. With all the physical trauma he's suffered, the traumatic memories David's drugs stirred up, and now Grieffin's ever present presence reminding Zach that he picked up what Zach sees as his own slack, Kendall needs to step up to the plate more than just agreeing to go along with Zach's David plan.

I figured that today's show wouldn't be as easy to watch as yesterday's was, but it sure was enjoyable to keep catching all the fleeting expressions on Zach's face that hinted at his real feelings. Fantastic job of layering by TK!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Glad everyone's OK (just got off my 4th night so this is my friday), I hadn't heard of any fatalities either til now, I"m sorry to hear that.  I was PO'd because the quake cost me a couple hours sleep (and with a 12 hr/night shift I need all I can get!) I woke up to the bed shaking and realized it was more like the whole house lol!  I guess it can be said that I can NOT sleep through an earthquake lol!  Of course my sleepy dumb ass immediately went to look out the window, like THAT was gonna tell me something! (I am such a dork)

I am so enjoying the Zach/David dynamic.  I always wanted them in more scenes together so I'm loving this.  Not to mention the two hottest men on AMC together, sheesh.  Zach was very nuanced (?is that a word?) today.  I was having fun trying to peel that onion to see what was with all the layers.  That didn't even come out right but y'all know what I mean.  Kathy thanks for the clip and I'm so glad y'all are OK.

I work with a partner in Richmond (via phone and computer) and last night she said she had been sleeping too but it was more strong at her house, she said everything shook and rattled and stuff was sliding and falling off her dresser.  She said it also really pissed her dog off and we were laughing about that. 

I'm off to bed, wish me sweet TK dreams!

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
luv_at_first_byte

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
The quake shook Toronto up too, mainly in the downtown area!!! I am sorry to hear about the fatalities--we heard yesterday that there were none.

On a really more shallow note --The Mahn is looking mighty mighty HAWT-if I could have crawled into my TV screen--I would have--What?? Just to say --Hey!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Quote:
I think she owes Zach better explanation than that.  And there barges in Grief, demanding crap from Zach!  But I guess this being AMC, things won't change!

Yep, it would have been real nice if she'd elaborated on her relationship with Grief rather than just tell Zach he was always with her.  It would have also been nice if she hadn't bothered to ask Grief to accompany her outside Zach's room.  Not the brightest move IMO...especially not when you're trying to reassure your husband that he's the one you want and there's nothing going on with the other guy.

I continue to love how Zach barely acknowledges Grief's presence.

Just got done watching and ITA with this.   Why the hell would Kendall want Grif outside when she knows that Zach knows about her and him and why the hell didn't she go into detail about her relationship with Grif.   Sorry but I am NOT IMPRESSED with LB's writing it seems like the same crap we got from the previous writers.

Glad everyone is okay after the earthquake.  I was sitting on the beach in NJ and didn't know why my beach chair was moving - very strange.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.