Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 

Yup. Dr. Frank-N-FurterMadden all over again. Only this time Zach isn't there to save the day for Kendall and Spike, because his (note emphasis on his -- because IMO Ian might as well not have a mother) child is in mortal danger -- not from Brad and Janet would-be adoptive parents. Ian's in danger of losing his life, and where is his mother? 

Zach needs a Zach.

AMC 08/20/07 Part 1 [9.17MB]
AMC 08/20/07 Part 2 [6.09MB]

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm so depressed after watching Zach's quiet desperation I don't know how I'm going to handle tomorrow's show.

Dr. Hilliard reminds me of Kevin Trudeau - I bet he does infomercials on the side! Too bad they're wasting him like this.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Kathy, I could not have phrased it better myself.  Zach definitely needs a Zach.  My Kendall hatred is at an all time high.  I never really thought the she was worthy of him, but because he wanted it, I wanted it and I guess as long as he wants her I will want her for him.  (Does that make any sense??  LOL).  Right now I want him to want to run as far away from Kendall as possible and realize that he needs someone on his level.  Someone that can be there for him as well as him being there for her.  This relationship has never been a two way street and I just want more for Zach.  June

P.S.  As always, thanks for the clip!!
Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Zach needs another woman that's what he needs and someone to be a mother to HIS child. He is currently a single parent and the usual submissive husband to Kendall. In their relationship it is 95% Zach and 5% Kendall (on a good day) and Zach is once again ALONE. Now Myrtle is off the scene too. I am so tired of this crap and the way Zach is treated on this show. Tad and Ryan made NO mention of Ian and that Kendall was needed FOR HIM. Tad, "why worry...she'll come back eventually". I swear my blood pressure goes through the roof when I watch this show and Kendall and her entourage. I don't think I have EVER better more furious with this show than today.

Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
OH Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Kathy my TIVO decided not to tape today's epi.  Just sat down to speed through today's show and nothing!

Poor Zach.  You are so right....Zach needs a Zach.  Unfortunately he is one a quadrillion!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
My heart is broken for Zach and Ian!  Ian needed his mother to be there, and once again here she is promising the QUACK doctor (I'm sorry that this is the role they gave to WK) that she would devote ALL of her time to Spike!  I'm glad Josh was there with Zach, but all he wanted was for Kendall to be there for Ian.  I don't know how I'm going to sit through tomorrow's show without crying.  All I know is that Zach didn't deserve to carry the load all by himself.  I don't blame him for getting mad at Kendall!  As far as I'm concerned neither Ian or Zach can count on Kendall to be there for either of them.  They would be better off without her in the picture since she's never there for them.  That's how I feel and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for the clips, Kathy.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I just watched the clips again and after seeing the previews again my blood is really boiling.  Does Kendall really have the balls to say to Zach, "I need you"???  Is that what she says???

Sorry, but PPD or PTSD does not cut it for me.  If it was either of these two she would be pulling away from everyone, not just her husband and HIS SON.  Okay, I am going to try to be done ranting today.  June
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
ITA Zach needs a Zach!  Good one!  As for Kendall, I'm not going to hang her
yet, because after all, Zach loves her & so I will cut her a little slack for now.  But, having said that, I am very upset with her right now & do not understand what she's thinking??  Zach is so stoic & steadfast with Ian & deserves so much more!  He is breaking my heart daily.  I hope she wakes up soon before it's too late. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the clips Kathy.  I haven't watched the show, OR the clips yet, and won't get to until much later.  But I am sure it is a heart-breaker. 
Thanks again.

kendallandzach

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 

I still love my Zendall, what I hate are the writers that are trying to wreck the one great couple on AMC. Either let Zach realize Kendall has PPD or let Kendall have a light bulb moment about what she has been doing. Give me my Zendall back.

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

What a sad show. I too wonder why the writers are going in this direction.Poor Zach - so sad and so alone and Kendall so misguided .

Ande
Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I am not going to crucify Kendall for today's show.  Sadly the writers are doing a good job themselves.  It reminds me of how McTavish crucified Zach during Kendall's coma, when she had Zach leave Kendall's bedside when she was near death and go with Dixie. This is angst rehash with a switch in characters. I expected something more original from the new writers and am sadly disappointed.

Thanks Kathy for the clip.

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Oh Myrtle where the hell are you, you are needed so much. I'm sorry Kendall lovers but she's about as much good as a sick headache. I was so sad for Zach today (actually, I've been sad for Zach for quite a while), but TK does this so well, the expressions on his face are priceless.  I dont like the promo for tomorrow. This s/l is so morbid at the moment, I thought we watched soaps to take us out of ourselves, and put ourselves in the characters places, who the hell wants to be in this s/l.  Of course I'll watch Thorsten for ever regardless of the s/l.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

One more thing, in the promo when Dr. Joe said to Zach that they did all they could, I think they were wheeling Ian's bed back into the ICU.They wouldn't do that if something had happened, would they.!!!!

Take care
Enis

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Poor Zach was in such distress today - I wanted to give him a big hug and mother him.  (Not the type of emotion he usually elicits from me. )  I'm glad Josh was there to support him.  Too bad Myrtle couldn't have made it.

I'm going to resist the urge to tar and feather Kendall, for the moment.  Girlfriend needs a wakeup call - and Zach looks like he is about to deliver one (if not a lightning bolt). 

For once, I was glad to see Ryan show up.  Another person to assess the good doctor's Quack Quotient.  He can even start screaming and sputtering and bulging his eyes at Kendall, if he wants to - and I will give him a One-Day Pass.

DeltaQ
Bee

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks for the clip...It was so hard to watch Zach.  He needed Kendall and once again she pulled a disappearing act.

Tomorrow's show will be hard to watch. In the previews for tomorrow's show (IMO) I think Dr. Joe's comment to Zach meant they the doctors did all they could but it's now up to Ian and God.  I think Ian will make it.

Bee

The Power of One can change the World.
luv4tk

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Thank you for the clips Kathy. 

At this point, I'm beyond pissed.  Kendall's denial of Ian has reached plain stupidity for me.  I can't imagine a mother treating one child as she does Spike, while treating the other as she does Ian.  I know Kendall is selfish, but this is just wrong.  To tell Dr. Quack that she will devote all of her time and energy on Spike was the last straw for me (besides of course not being there for Ian's surgery).  I had thought the new writers were improving, but the past week or so, they are just pathetic!  They need to figure where they are taking this dead-end story, fast.  At this point, the only reason I'll tune in to AMC is to see TK (which is almost the only reason on any given day).  I had high hopes for Zach and Ian, but at this point I feel as if we have been more than cheated. 

~ HAWT Banner by Monica ~

~ Thanks Diane for the Avi ~
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Yup. Dr. Frank-N-FurterMadden all over again. Only this time Zach isn't there to save the day for Kendall and Spike, because his (note emphasis on his -- because IMO Ian might as well not have a mother) child is in mortal danger -- not from Brad and Janet would-be adoptive parents. Ian's in danger of losing his life, and where is his mother? 

Zach needs a Zach.

You can say that again, Kathy! You know it's a bad sign when the NEW quack doctor is using the same office set as the OLD quack doctor!

You also know that the writers are not doing their job telling a compelling story when you can get caught up in the details that they absolutely REFUSE to sweat! Argh! Other than Zach, I'm finding this show just as unwatchable under E&B and it was under the Hack and the interim writers!

After today, they should just not allow Dr. Joe to talk. On two different occasions he opened his mouth and took me right out of the moment in a ZACH scene! The first time was when he told Zach that Kendall's car was missing from the parking lot -- I'm not even going to point out that hospital parking lots are loaded with cars and noting one absence would be a logistical nightmare. However, the last I heard Kendall's car had been destroyed by Greenlee when she took a cliff dive with it a couple of weeks ago! Oh, and let's not forget that Kendall has not been released from the hospital and women who have had C-sections aren't allowed to drive for several weeks! They even remembered that last year when she was released after having Spike!

The second occasion was when Dr. Joe was trying to explain to Zach that Ian's brain bleed was normal -- he said a "majority" of preemies and then went on to say 40%. The last time I checked, to have a majority the percentage had to be more that 50%! Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!

Of course, my favorite issue with the details today was when Tad was trying to calm Ryan and using his own example of desperation to find Kate to do it. Ummm... Tad? Do you remember what you did to Madden in the name of finding your daughter? How on earth are you a good example of an intelligent, logical parent? And how could you possibly calm anyone with that story? It's a good thing Zach wasn't in the room to hear it or he'd have been even more distraught over Ian, Kendall and Spike.

As far as Kendall is concerned... the less said the better. Suffice it to say that she is NOT living up to Zach's belief in her and her temporary pass out of Deadtomeville has been permanently revoked!

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
tkrocks

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Amen, Cheri! You hit the nail on the head and I rewound several times because I thought that my ears were playing tricks on me when Dr. Joe said the whole 40% thing. Math may not be my strong suit, but even I can spot an error that huge.

The only thing I have to add to all that's been said on here tonight is hallejuah for Josh (words I never thought I'd type) at least someone is trying to give comfort and reassurance to Zach. It broke my heart to both hear and see Zach's anguish, not only at poor little Ian's condition but over how much they both need Kendall. And for Zach to say he needs something--Wow! that's huge as he's the most giving character I've ever seen on television--daytime or otherwise.

Oh, and thanks so much for the clips, Kathy!

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.--Peter Ustinov
susa

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Thanks for the clips Kathy. The only way to watch this show is to pare it down to the TK scenes.
Cheri your post was dead on and hilarious. Thanks.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
OMG, I finally watched the show!  Kathy, you couldn't have said it better.  Zach needs a Zach.  And he needs a Zach's trade-mark hug too.  I am glad that Josh has been a good brother-in-law lately, but Zach needed his WIFE with him today!  I am deeply disappointed in the way this s/l is going in regards to Kendall's mental state.  The writers are going overboard with this.  It is one thing if they are telling us that people around Kendall haven't noticed that something is wrong with her.  But it is not necessary for them to create this faux-suspense for us about why she is acting the way she is.  By dragging this out, I doubt if they will be able to make the audience feel any sympathy for her when(and if) they do explain WHY.  Hey, may be they can send her to PV's newest psychotherapist, Jonboy!

As far as the rest of the show, Tad's responses to Ryan were really WTF moments.  I hated that Ryan will be THE HERO again, finding Spike and Kendall in time to bring them back to the hospital.  I HATED that Ryan went through Kendall's closet AGAIN!  I don't care what the excuse is this time.  There was no need for him to go through her clothes, unless he was just trying to sniff.  I hated when he said "She locks people in towers"!  Was it necessary to bring that up?  Yeah, because the ass is still not over Greenlee!  And that Ryannie phone call was beyond stupid.  Even if Annie's mind was somewhere else, the conversation sounded totally ridiculous and unbelievable. 

As for Green monster, I will give her SOME of the credit.  Like Aiden was telling her, anything she touches in that family, turns into disaster.  Granted Kendall is responsible for her own actions, but Greenlee did her share in manipulating Kendall yet again, knowing how vulnerable she is, to go to the miracle man, and not be there when Ian needed her the most.  Never mind that Kendall is able to carry around Spikey so soon after her c-section, and not even wince!

I think tomorrow will be just as difficult to watch Zach's agony!  And that will make me hate the rest of the show and characters even more!

RFoxS

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I think tomorrow will be just as difficult to watch Zach's agony!  And that will make me hate the rest of the show and characters even more!

Actually, I am looking forward to Tues. episode.  According to spoliers, Zach reaches his breaking point.  I want him to finally tell Kendall off.   I can't wait!! She deserve to be kiced to the curb! People with PDD don't just ignore their baby, they withdraw from everyone. This storyline reeks KRYLEE!   ITA... Zach needs a Zach for some support.

zndlfan

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Kathy...

thank you soooo much for the clips!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.