Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Thank the goddess for Myrtle.

AMC 07-30-07 Part 1 [10.28MB]
AMC 07-30-07 Part 2 [14.97MB]
AMC 07-30-07 Preview [387.7KB]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
 Bawaaa!  OMG, is anyone else a wreck like I am?  What a show!  I was afraid we weren't going to get Myrtle with him, but at least they saw fit to have her be the one calling/comforting him, because anyone else is just unthinkable.  But, when his tears started, I lost it right along with him.  He's always so stoic & in control & such a rock & that made it even harder to watch him crumble.  Tough to watch, but can't miss stuff!  Kendall was also
just pitiful IMO & loved SL's scenes in the bed with her.  I'm just emotionally
exhausted from this.  I'm humbled.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Ditto Kathy!  Was there a dry eye in the audience when Zach heard that message?  Myrtle knows Zach better than anyone!  I wish she had been there in person.  He was being so strong for Kendall, as he always is, but you could see his anguish.  I don't think Zach blinked even once while he stared at that OR door.  My heart broke for Kendall when she started saying they need to operate on Spike, before she realized she was talking about the baby and not Spike.  She looked like she was really overwhelmed.  At least Erica is being the mother Kendall needs.  She is there physically AND emotionally, with none of her usual personal drama.

I want to smack Jackson every time he says those boys are his family too!  He did not even flinch when Spike was wheeled in, all he cared about was his precious witch of a daughter!  If my child had done something like this, I would have at least let him or her SAY what happened, before blindly taking sides.  Wanting to protect your child is one thing, but putting on blinders is another.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Sorry Kathy, I am such a wreck right now, I forgot to thank you for the clips!

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Kathy...now I'm a blubbering mess.
Zach and Kendall have been breaking my heart for days, and now Erica has me in tears!
Damn Susan Lucci anyway...after years of Erica being a mindless bimbo, SL picks now to start really acting again, and turning Erica into a real mother.  LOL

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Thanks for getting these clips up so quickly, Kathy!  What a shame we didn't get to see Myrtle though.  Poor Zach,  when he broke down, my heart broke for him, he looked so all alone!!  He is going to will his baby boy to live.  Both of them need love and support too.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
TK is mesmerizing.  What a wonderful performance.  I'm at a loss for words.  I love scenes when he has no dialog.  His face and body language say more than the writers ever could.  Keep the faith, I think we are building to the scene where TK talks to the baby.

I'm concerned about Eileen's health.  It seems like there was a Zyrtle spoiler in the last month that we never saw, and today we only heard her voice.  Her voice sounds strong at least.

Loved the scene with SL and AM.  I'm glad Erica is focusing on Kendall so Zach can focus on the baby.  Kendall is cracking, but it's understandable given the circumstances.  I think Kendall is stronger though, and I hope the writers buck her up a little so she can be there for Zach.

The new writers B/E first appeared on the credits last Wednesday.  It's hard to say how they will do with the story, but so far I see a huge improvement in the dialog between the characters in the last 3 episodes. 

Greengirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Another amazing ep! Zach was so Real today. Its like they werent acting but inhabiting their characters. TK and AM are the best. I couldnt tear myself away.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
One word . . . EMMY!!

Thanks for the clip.  June
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

OMG where do I start.  TK is soooooo amazing and he doesn't need dialogue.  When they were telling him about the hole in the Zaby's heart and you saw his face I thought I would die.  All the pain a person could feel was on that face and all the hope he had was gone.  When he was talking to Mrytle and broke down - there are no words.    The man is a treasure and yes Ryass needs words because he cannot convey a damn thing.  Is there a person watching that didn't want to put their arms around him at the end.  EMMMMMMMMMMMMY.

Alicia is breaking my heart.  She is every mother and doing an excellent job.  If there is anyone who thinks different, I feel sorry for them because they are not appreciating what they're watching.

What can I say about SL except it's about time they gave this woman this material.  Awesome Awesome job.   I think she is doing better work now than when she won the Emmy.

Joe Martin - this man is so wonderful.  Who wouldn't want him taking care of their child.  Zach trusts him completely and so do I.

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

I am still sitting in awe of the show today - thank you Kathy for the clip - TK is  just so talented and AM is right there with him for this story . I mostly just watch TK in every scene - his facials are just so impressive.  I had grown tired of Erica and her attitude but she finally is the Mother she has not been in forever!! Kendall needs her now and its nice to see her there .  I have two sons also and when they were young each had a trip to the hospital - I was    lucky they were  for different reasons and at separate times - not easy to have to go there. The new writers have so improved this show.

Ande
Kanela

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
GREAT CLIPS Kathy

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Sorry I forgot to Thank You Kathy.  I can't believe how fast you get these up.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Thanks Kathy

I think I've stopped blubbering long enough to see my puter screen.

OMG where do you start with such a wonderful emotional packed show.  My heart is still hurting.  TK took my breath away with his wonderful performance.  Only TK can say not a word and bring the audience to their knees.  I feel so bad that we aren't seeing Myrtle, but it sure was nice to hear her voice.  Once in the show and the other in the bumper.  Oh I miss her and their friendship.  This scene could only work with Myrtle no one will ever replace her.  Wahhhh

Kendall and Erica had me in tears too.  It's about time we got to see what SL can really do with great material. This is the woman who we should have been seeing all along.  Not the bimbo McT had made her be as Desiree or this stupid live cam stuff.  SL needs meaty stuff like this, so we can see what she is really made of.  This is the person who is the head of the first family of AMC and today she made me proud.

Kendall had me crying she was in total shock that she couldn't even think straight.  Her crying made me cry.

Greenlee non identity!!!!!  Jack needs his head examined LOL. 

Great job all around.  Can't wait to see Zaby walking around chasing big brother in that new zouse.  While mom plays piano.  This stress is killing me.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
It was a truly emotionally draining show today on AMC. Zach finally reaching his breaking point after staying strong for both his sons and Kendall, with Myrtle's voice being the trigger that released the flow of his emotions.

Kendall by now is understandably overwhelmed both physically and emotionally. Thankfully Erica has stepped up to the plate to be the mother that Kendall desperately needs at this time.  Their scenes together were heart wrenching.

TK and AM are giving us amazing performances. Each in their own way conveying their character's emotional breaking points with a professional finesse rarely seen in Daytime. They both IMO have earned their industry's highest accolades.

Thanks Kathy for the summations.

RFoxS

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
This has to be the emmy episode. Tk was beyond brilliant with just his facial expressions and the look in his eyes. AM was outstanding.  SL was amazing.  You ladies say it and express it so eloquently here on these boards.  I just want to say ditto!  If there is no Emmy in this for anyone, I will scream!!

maija

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Thank you so much for the videos. What wonderful, awe-inspiring performances today, particularly by TK and AM. Also, I love Joe Martin, and it's great to see inspired performances from SL again. So sad today. The sadness only abated briefly for me when Greenlee was on the screen and anger made me want to punt her from the earth. I'm glad Myrtle called as well, but I wish someone could have been there to comfort Zach.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
TK is SO gifted it's very difficult to find words that do this man justice.  He is one of those very, very rare actors that can convey an overwhelming range of emotions without uttering a damn word of dialogue.  Today, he didn't even have another actor to play off [and I'm extremely worried about why Eileen was able to do the scene with him].  He had to summon all that up playing opposite an inanimate obect [cell phone]. He's amazing! Subtle yet so damn powerful it hurts to watch him on extremely emotional days like today!  There is no one like him.

Kudos also to Alicia & Susan.  I think Susan is probably kissing the new writers feet everytime they hand her a new script.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

cab

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I love how TK doesn't put up a mask when he acts. He doesn't hide, rather he exposes himself. That's what "real actors" do. Sam Rayburn (An American Politician) once said "The real actor has a direct line to the collective heart". I know TK's owns a lot of hearts, mine included.

Thanks for the clips, Kathy.

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab
I love how TK doesn't put up a mask when he acts. He doesn't hide, rather he expose himself. That's what "real actors" do. Sam Rayburn (An American Politician) once said "The real actor has a direct line to the collective heart". I know TK's owns a lot of hearts, mine included.

Thanks for the clips, Kathy.

Cab, your signature line could have been written about TK!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
I agree with everyone that TK was fabulous once again today.  I watched him and didn't even realize he wasn't speaking many times, because his facial expressions conveyed what I knew he was thinking and feeling.  I later realized (after re-watching) that he didn't utter a word.  It takes a truly talented, amazing actor to give us that. 

Kendall has run the gamut of emotions over the past week, and AM has shown us each one to perfection.  Today Kendall's shock and pure misery over her situation was just heartbreaking to watch.

Erica is now the adult (and parent) I've always hoped to see.  It is wonderful to see SL shine in this capacity.

I can understand why they are addressing the Fusion launch/campaign, but it doesn't make me want to see it.  Ava needs to go, or change her attitude, pronto.

Thanks for the clips!

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Thank you Kathy for the clips. Enjoyed todays scenes, TK and AM were wonderful, actually everyone did well. Loved Zach's scene with Myrtle, I wish she could have been there in person.  I really really really did want to give him a big hug when the baby was in surgery because he always gives us big hugs when we're lucky enough to meet him.

Take care,
Enis

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Kathy, thank you for getting the clips up so quickly!  Never doubt how much we appreciate all your efforts.   

Today was simply grueling to watch.  So many strong emotions, and such fabulous performances!  TK, Lish & Susan were all brilliant today.  The writers really gave them great stuff for today - and all 3 rose to the occasion.  Myrtle's phone message was beautiful, but Zach really needed a big old hug to go with her words of wisdom.  He is trying to manage so much, his own terrors and tears, trying to keep Kendall from falling apart, getting the counsel of the docs so he can make the right decisions.  I am exhausted just from witnessing it all.

DeltaQ

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

Ann, I think you're right about this.
cab

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

So true Ann. I get inspired from time to time by certain performances. A few days ago I got a chance to rewatch the film "Giant (1956)" with  Rock Hudson, Elizabeth Taylor and James Dean. Dean played Jett Rhink and played him to perfection. I don't know if you ever saw it but you talk about a knock out performance. No matter how probmatic the film, hell most films are, Dean shines. He's totally immersed in his character and the total isolation his character felt and he was able to show/deliver is borderline brillant. The vulnerability he showed was beautiful. His performance was spellbounding and tragic. And to think he was only like I think 23 in this film. I might be wrong about that.

There are certain emotions that are easy to register. I know when someone is happy, sad. I can see fear, etc. There are emotions that aren't easy to protray therefore aren't easy to see as a viwer, ie. guilt, shame, etc. Dean was another gem, another rare actor who could register those seemingly impossible feelings/emotions, that you have to pay close attention to or you miss it. But when I catch it I rewind like 20 times, cause I'm in awe.

Dean died too young. He died before this film was released. It's hard to rank him in terms of actors because he had such a short career. But if anyone made the most of a short career it was him. I truly felt he never wasted a part or a character and for that I have tremendous respect.  But yes, TK is a "master". There aren't many, there aren't even a few.

Girl, don't get me going on this. LOL!!!

Barbara

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
TK has given us, yet again, another outstanding performance.  The way he is able to convey so many emotions without uttering a single word is truly amazing and evidence of a gifted actor.  Thank you so much for allowing us to witness such a wonderful performance.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 

OMG-I am watching this now on Soap Net because for some reason the clips won't work today. That last scene with Zach reacting to Myrtle's voice mail....whew, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. TK can do so much without a lot of overacting. Damn, that was good. I am so tore up about this whole episode. Ah crap, now the montage is playing and I can't see the keyboard to type for the tears.

Kanela

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #28 

TK can act with anyone and anything.

Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

Thorsten was once again powerful in his pain and isolation...sometimes I find the pain he portrays is too close to home and hard to endure. That is a gift of an actor that puts his soul into his character and rips yours out in the process. Wish Myrtle could be there but they LOVE to make this character suffer alone so I guess that was probably part of this torture.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.