Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Oh, the expression on JR's face when the light finally dawned in his dim little brain!

And the father and child re-uuu-uuu-yun!
Is only a (hundred) million awaaaaaaaaaay....

(To inaccurately quote Paul Simon)

What do you think was going through Zach's head as he watched the Chandlers failing to get their priorities straight? Aside from mentally redecorating Chandler Mansion, snort. I think he was inviting Dixie to take a look at her pathetic son who was long past due for having a huge lesson meted out to him, and accepting Dixie's thanks for being the one who finally did the honors.

AMC 06/22/07 [7.96MB] (no Zach in previews)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Oh, the expression on JR's face when the light finally dawned in his dim little brain!

What do you think was going through Zach's head as he watched the Chandlers failing to get their priorities straight? Aside from mentally redecorating Chandler Mansion, snort. I think he was inviting Dixie to take a look at her pathetic son who was long past due for having a huge lesson meted out to him, and accepting Dixie's thanks for being the one who finally did the honors.

Thank you Kathy.
I don't know Kathy, I somehow doubt that Dixie would thank Zach.  If she is looking up on all this, I think she is more likely batting her windshield wiper eyelashes and moaning...."But Zach (sniff, sniff) you promised me that you would just forget that my little boy nearly killed your wife! How could you betray me this way?"

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the clip Kathy!  Loved Zach today.  He says so much with so few words.  The look of panic and horror on Joonyer's face was priceless.  "Silent, Fundraising Partner", (not-so-silent)!  Ahhh, revenge can be so sweeeeeeeeeet   I am enjoying this as much as Zach is!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I agree with Zach, the Chandler living room would look much better in blue! 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

southernbelle

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 

I too am enjoying Zach's reactions to the outcome of JR's kidnapping scheme.  You know what they say...revenge is a dish best served cold.  I wonder though, do you think the new writers are going to try to turn Zach into the dispicable character that everyone in Pine Valley (except Kendall and Myrtle) perceives him to be?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Thanks Kathy.  It was such a great day in PV.  JR finally got his punishment that was a year too late but oh so sweet.  I think Dixie will be screaming loud and clear...Don't hurt my widdle boy he didn't mean it really!  LOL we know there is nothing in JR but nastiness.  He got what was coming to him and I'm glad Zach was the one exacting the pain.  WEEEEEE I love this story

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle

do you think the new writers are going to try to turn Zach into the dispicable character that everyone in Pine Valley (except Kendall and Myrtle) perceives him to be?

My answer is no.  This is Zach doing what he promised he would do to JR before Dixie tied his hands.  Zach is giving JR back what he deserves for almost killing his wife and her unborn son.  Zach isn't doing anymore to JR then what JR would do to anyone in PV, including his own dad.  Zach isn't doing to Adam anything that Adam wouldn't do to anyone given half the chance.  From what I understand Adam has done the same thing to Palmer.  Zach is being exactly what he has always been nothing IMO has changed. Zach has always been scary and Lethal and you mess with his wife he messes with you.  OOOOOHhhhh I love this story!!!  Corporate Rader Zach is so damn Sexy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

Quote:

Thank you Kathy.
I don't know Kathy, I somehow doubt that Dixie would thank Zach.  If she is looking up on all this, I think she is more likely batting her windshield wiper eyelashes and moaning...."But Zach (sniff, sniff) you promised me that you would just forget that my little boy nearly killed your wife! How could you betray me this way?"

I'm with you Ann. I doubt that Dixie would be happy with Zach teaching her son a lesson. She just like Adam is responsible for JR's behavior. Her reaction IMO  would be exactly they way you describe.

I think that Zach at one point actually felt sorry for Adam when Adam said he would do anything to get his son back alive......for Zach memories of Ethan.

Thanks Kathy.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:

I wonder though, do you think the new writers are going to try to turn Zach into the dispicable character that everyone in Pine Valley (except Kendall and Myrtle) perceives him to be?

IMO only: Impossible!  They can write Zach in a dark way, they can put him in a self-destructive mode, they can inflict a lot of pain on him, they can do a lot of things to Zach's character.  But they can never write him into a despicable character.  Because for someone to be despicable, they have to be "deserving" of contempt.  And for that, the person has to be heartless, mean, extremely self-centered, immoral, be completely lacking integrity, and/or abusive without remorse.  IMO, Zach can never be any of those things, no matter what turns the stories take.

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Quote:

I wonder though, do you think the new writers are going to try to turn Zach into the dispicable character that everyone in Pine Valley (except Kendall and Myrtle) perceives him to be?

IMO only: Impossible!  They can write Zach in a dark way, they can put him in a self-destructive mode, they can inflict a lot of pain on him, they can do a lot of things to Zach's character.  But they can never write him into a despicable character.  Because for someone to be despicable, they have to be "deserving" of contempt.  And for that, the person has to be heartless, mean, extremely self-centered, immoral, be completely lacking integrity, and/or abusive without remorse.  IMO, Zach can never be any of those things, no matter what turns the stories take.

I totally agree.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

Quote:

Thank you Kathy.

I'm with you Ann. I doubt that Dixie would be happy with Zach teaching her son a lesson. She just like Adam is responsible for JR's behavior. Her reaction IMO  would be exactly they way you describe.

I think that Zach at one point actually felt sorry for Adam when Adam said he would do anything to get his son back alive......for Zach memories of Ethan.

Thanks Kathy.

Just for the record, I did not say Dixie would be thanking Zach. Dixie was obviously just as bad a JR enabler as Adam is. I said I thought Zach would be accepting her thanks in his mind -- I worded it that way deliberately -- Zach's mind, not Dixie's, because Zach was doing what needed to be done for her trifling son to teach him that actions do have consequences. A preemptive acceptance of thanks, if you will. Whether Dixie would actually thank Zach for that, is another matter.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Quote:

I wonder though, do you think the new writers are going to try to turn Zach into the dispicable character that everyone in Pine Valley (except Kendall and Myrtle) perceives him to be?

IMO only: Impossible! They can write Zach in a dark way, they can put him in a self-destructive mode, they can inflict a lot of pain on him, they can do a lot of things to Zach's character. But they can never write him into a despicable character. Because for someone to be despicable, they have to be "deserving" of contempt. And for that, the person has to be heartless, mean, extremely self-centered, immoral, be completely lacking integrity, and/or abusive without remorse. IMO, Zach can never be any of those things, no matter what turns the stories take.

Great post, searose

Because JR and Adam are the ones trying to double cross each other - Zach simply took advantage of the situation that fell into his lap courtesy of JR's stupidity and Adam's vindictiveness - not that I blame Adam for being vindictive against his pissant offspring, but my point is that if the villagers go after Zach with flaming torches and pitchforks again, then why aren't JR and Adam at the receiving end of the same mob justice? I seem to recall the whole town looking down on Zach for his denial of Ethan. So I'm wondering just where all the town outrage will be coming from when it comes out that Adam tried to screw his asshole son over - especially considering that he raised him. My guess is that, as always, everyone but Zach gets a free pass.

The show doesn't have to paint Zach as despicable, because almost everyone in town has always seen him as the way anyway. And that's why as much as Adam's emotional reaction to getting JR back should pull at my heartstrings, and taking into account how little I care how drastic the revenge Adam takes against JR, all I can think of is the double standard that has always been in place when it comes to Zach.

Adam isn't some innocent little victim here. Adam tried to use Zach and it blew up in his face. JR tried to play Adam and he played right into Zach's hands because of his own greed. If this were any other character in Zach's place, he would be cheered on.

GO ZACH!!!!!

luv4tk

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks for the clip Kathy.  Zach was fabulous today (as he is everyday)!!  I loved his comment about redecorating with blue!! Is this a sign that he knows how HOT he looks in that color?!?  

Diva, I agree with you.  I think there was a point today when he was thinking breifly of Ethan.  Maybe that's part of his reasoning for screwing Adam and Jooyner.  Those two idiots spend their time acting like assholes to each other, instead of being father and son.  Zach never got the chance to be a father to Ethan, even though he wanted to.

As for Dixie, I hope that skank is rolling in her grave so much she makes herself !!  

~ HAWT Banner by Monica ~

~ Thanks Diane for the Avi ~
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Quote:

Thank you for the video Kathy.Big HUGS. Zach was GREAT today,then he always is.Go Zach. That was too funny about redorating the Chandler Mansion in Blue,and we all know how great he looks in Blue. and white,and every single color.lol. Even if Zach wasn't in the previews i still hope he is on Monday's show,i have a darn dentist appointment and sure hope Zach will be on when i get home.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Thank you Kathy, Loved the way Zach was holding up the wall with his arms crossed as if he knew nothing about it. He's a good laddie.

Take care,
Enis

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Everyone made great points today about the show...When I was watching live, all I could think was wow, we are finally getting to see that "ruthless" side that Erica is always going on and on about.....When I first read the spoilers about this storyline-I felt hey, Zach is finally going to teach Joonyer a lesson for what he did to Kendall and Spike....but watching it, did not get that feeling at all....It played to me as a business taking advantage of a situation that fell in his lap, and naturally who would'nt.....

If this new "enemy/adversary" continues then Zadam will be the new Zen for me, it was great today-what little they showed....

thanks for the vid...Kathy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.