Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
May

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Ok, I have been to this board and to another one and I have had the same avatars posted.

HERE, for whatever odd reason, my avatar always gets turned into this itty bitty red X. BUT oddly enough, the avatar I have up now, is actually still there...as far as I can tell, maybe you all see that itty bitty red X

Now, on another board, I was told that my avatar, and every other pic I posted was an itty bitty red X.  BUT I can see my avatar, and everyone elses avatar, and every other picture I post.

What I want to know is IS my avatar still there? OR is what you all see an itty bitty red X?

AND I would like to share with the rest of the class some pics I have made, finished making, but it seems like the only place I CAN share is while I'm in chat and I just give a link to my photo album.

"There is nothing wrong with your HDTV. Do not attempt to switch to CBS. Brian Frons is controlling the transmission.
If he wishes to make it louder, he will bring up the volume. If he wishes to make it softer, he will tune it to a whisper. He
can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. He will control the horizontal. He will control the
vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and he will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe
and mystery which reaches from Megan McTavish's mind to... All My Children."

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by May

Ok, I have been to this board and to another one and I have had the same avatars posted.

HERE, for whatever odd reason, my avatar always gets turned into this itty bitty red X. BUT oddly enough, the avatar I have up now, is actually still there...as far as I can tell, maybe you all see that itty bitty red X.

Now, on another board, I was told that my avatar, and every other pic I posted was an itty bitty red X. BUT I can see my avatar, and everyone elses avatar, and every other picture I post.

What I want to know is IS my avatar still there? OR is what you all see an itty bitty red X?

AND I would like to share with the rest of the class some pics I have made, finished making, but it seems like the only place I CAN share is while I'm in chat and I just give a link to my photo album.

Try resizing it so the dimensions do not exceed 120x120.

BonnieB2723

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I think it has to do with the browser the person who's posting with you has.  I use Mozilla, not Internet Explorer.  I don't get the red x but I don't see your avitar.  In your avitar box I see the Windows logo.   If you use Internet Explorer as your browser and others do not, that might explain it.  We switched to Mozilla because IE was bogging down our puter.  Mozilla blocks all pop-ups and viruses but it also won't allow you to view some graphics that IT suspects might be infected with something questionable.  (Which annoys the crap out of me because when someone sends me email with a pic I DO get the red x.  GRRRRRRR. LOL

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Ok, I've tried resizing the thing... and I do use Windows but there are no viruses or any of that stuff and I have like... 5 pop up blockers. But I will never go to megaupload again do download shit.

OK, now, sombody tell me if the avatar can be seen?

"There is nothing wrong with your HDTV. Do not attempt to switch to CBS. Brian Frons is controlling the transmission.
If he wishes to make it louder, he will bring up the volume. If he wishes to make it softer, he will tune it to a whisper. He
can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. He will control the horizontal. He will control the
vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and he will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by May

Ok, I've tried resizing the thing... and I do use Windows but there are no viruses or any of that stuff and I have like... 5 pop up blockers. But I will never go to megaupload again do download shit.

I see your avatar now.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by May

I see it now.

May

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Well hell! If that's all it takes to post the avatar I want, then I may as well put the one there that I had in the first place! SHEESH!

Thanks

Rosanna

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Love seeing Kendall with the baby - great pic

laurie

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 

I just came to this area to post the same question - I just went to put a picture and it would just show me a little red x. I put in a small Halloweeny picture, it didn't work. I tried a few other pics, and all would just show me the little red x. I don't know how to resize it - I'm a computer dunce. Can anyone else see my pic? Maybe some day I'll figure it out.

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Hi sweetie here is a great little FREE (my favorite four-letter word) avatar sizing program...  http://www.j-q-l.freeserve.co.uk/avatartight.htm   also, you ARE using a url to host your avatar, aren't you?  But just use that little program I love it!

Hope this helps

Froggie 

PS Laurie, It doesn't work for me either just to upload the pics from "MY Pictures", no matter if they're resized or not...I have to give them a URL first and I use Photobucket to do that...you can set up your own free photobucket account to host your pics on the web, that way they all have a URL, it's pretty easy too...  http://www.photobucket.com

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie

I just came to this area to post the same question - I just went to put a picture and it would just show me a little red x. I put in a small Halloweeny picture, it didn't work. I tried a few other pics, and all would just show me the little red x. I don't know how to resize it - I'm a computer dunce. Can anyone else see my pic? Maybe some day I'll figure it out.

Please refer to my post in the Board Rules/Updates/Announcements forum.

http://forum.thorstenkaye.com/tool/post/otkws/vpost?id=640009&pid=6186773#post6186773

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.