Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Don't know where to put this, so I am sticking it here.  Mods, please let me know if I need to move it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All My Children Takes Over The View

AMC stars sit down with the ladies of The View.The talk show will devote an hour to AMC on Dec 11th.

We can tell you where we'll be on Friday, December 11th: watching The View! To celebrate All My Children's move out West, and its upcoming 40th anniversary, The View will dedicate an entire episode to all things AMC. Yes! Expect appearances by Susan Lucci (Erica), Debbi Morgan (Angie), Michael E. Knight (Tad), Cameron Mathison (Ryan), Rebecca Budig (Greenlee), Vincent Irizarry (David) -- and a surprise guest. Also expect to see Agnes Nixon, the creator of the show ... and we can tell you, hearing her talk about the show is like pure gold to an AMC fan.

A cool additional thing the show is doing: In a series of "ViewTube" (the show's signature behind-the-scenes videos) shorts, Sherri Shepherd will have to solve a big mystery that develops behind the scenes at All My Children. And since it involves Sherri, expect it to be all sorts of funny.

Make sure to catch this episode on December 11th! Check out The View website for showtimes.

Who do you think the surprise guest is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the co-hosting he did, it BETTER be the magnificent Mr. Thorsten Kaye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If not, I have no reason to watch!

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Don't know where to put this, so I am sticking it here.  Mods, please let me know if I need to move it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All My Children Takes Over The View

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the co-hosting he did, it BETTER be the magnificent Mr. Thorsten Kaye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be the only reason to watch this episode!  I was going to make a joke about someone else being on but am not going to put it out into the universe and take a chance!! Chrishell posted this today:  
Quote:
The View was taping a AMC tribute show (don't know air date)& I was asked to come out last minute & I was wearing gym clothes! Oh well

Thanks Mon
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Yeah don't even put that out there Di.  BTW the pic of Nicole, Mackenzie and Derek reading TK's book is just too freakin cute!

Thanks Fil!
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Love the picture of the kids reading the book - I am not watching The View because it does not show that TK will be on - No way do I watch it - Peggy

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamom05

Yeah don't even put that out there Di.  BTW the pic of Nicole, Mackenzie and Derek reading TK's book is just too freakin cute!

Thanks Sandi and Peggy!! Everytime Derek and Kenzie see TK on tv they make a comment about how he wrote to them in their books, and you know how Nic feels about him 

From photos that I've seen from the taped show it doesn't look like Thorsten is on The View that day. The only surprise guest that I saw was Mayor Bloomberg.  Maybe he's moving to CA with AMC!

Thanks Mon
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I'll watch  just in case, but I doubt that TK will be there since he isn't going to CA and that's what the show is really about.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

I was pretty sure and won't watch because I want Zach's appearance on Whoopi's Birthday to surpass the number of people watching this one - I am really upset that he won't be on the So Called Anniversary Show and won't watch that either as he will be gone by that time - I hope it tanks - ABC needs a class on how to treat the people who got them to the 40 Years because they are sure not showing the appreciation they should and all they understand is how many people watch if they even care - Peggy

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My guess is that it'll be Rebecca Budig.  Isn't she in town taping scenes already?

Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

I think Whoopie had TK on because this show will ignore him. Just my opinion. I can't stand to watch this stuff without Thorsten on and talking about all their plans for the show. Sorry but I have a thing about CM and SL being the "stars" of this soap and this only reinforces it so I am not interested. Even with Agnes Nixon. She hasn't helped Zach in any way I can see so why bother. I used to like this show but their treatment of Thorsten has ruined it for me.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My guess is that it'll be Rebecca Budig.  Isn't she in town taping scenes already?

RB's name has already been announced, so she can't be the surprise one.  As much as I wish for it to be the marvelous Mr. Kaye, I am afraid it will be Mr. Mayor as Di mentions.  Don't think he personally has anything to do with the show's move, but it certainly is a loss to NYC.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Kelly - I am not interested in watching either and won't - I really loved Whoopi's Birthday Show and so enjoyed Whoopi having TK on her show - This thing on the 11th cannot hold a candle to the show with TK as guest host - I won't be watching for sure - Peggy

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

So nice of Whoopie to acknowledge TK today on The View.  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I had the View on in the background and just turned to the screen in the right moment.   I LOVE WHOOPI!!!   She's so sweet in her Thorsten love.   Out of the blue, she just mentioned him because he deserved to be mentioned...said he's her guy and she loves him!   AWWWWW!

Thank You, thank you, thank you!  Whoopi rocks!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Thank God for WHOOPI ! I was watching too, and it was saddening me that in all the clips and reminiscences no one was even mentioning Zach or Thorsten. When good ole Whoopi acknowleded him I cheered. I'm glad SOMEBODY had the good taste to appreciate what he gave to the show. I had a good cry during most of the hour. I guess I'm narrow-minded, but I must admit my best wishes are NOT going to LA with what is left of AMC.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Me, too- was only watching to see if I could spot TK & then Whoopi stepped up & graciously made sure her mahn & ours got a mention!  Whoopi rocks!!  I wish we'd had a glimpse of him- too bad they didn't realize he's the one we really want to see.  Whoopi must've known we'd be upset that he was left out of this.  So- that was definitely the best part!   Thanks Whoopi!! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
LOVE WHOOPI

I'm going to post on their comment page a thank you to Whoopi for mentioning TK, the ONLY one I wanted to see
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #17 
Whoopi saved the day for me, too. When she called TK her dear friend and her dude, I wanted to kiss her!

And I just don't get how Agnes Nixon acts like the show that's moving to LA is the same show she created.Site Meter

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2
LOVE WHOOPI

I'm going to post on their comment page a thank you to Whoopi for mentioning TK, the ONLY one I wanted to see

Good idea!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

I hope they will get a lot of messages thanking Whoopi for mentioning TK - I hope every message they get says that - Peggy

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

You know what REALLY bugged me? ....when Agnes Nixon said that AMC would be the same, that nothing would change in moving to LA.  HOGWASH!!! The show will bring in some inferior newcombers to try to replace the talents that they are losing, including the remarkable and irreplaceable Thorsten Kaye. Agnes....your show will NEVER be the same again!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Pah, that bugged the crap out of me too.  IN what universe will it be the same without Thorsten.   Not only won't it be the same, it will be unwatchable as far as Im concerned.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

I was equally bugged by that & actually sat there shaking my head & wondering if Aggie watches the same show I watch?  Makes me think there's really not much point.  I have already left my comment about the TK mention- I hope everybody does so they get bombarded.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Whoopi saved the day for me too. I had forgotten about the show and when I looked at the clock, it was 10:30. I rushed to switch it on and just saw Whoopi  starting her piece about Thorsten.  God, I love that woman.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Enis - I sure do love Whoopi too - Thank God we have her - Peggy

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
As usual, I'm late to comment.  I will admit I've watched the entire show and couldn't believe what Agnes Nixon said about the move as well the current story telling.    And if she thinks those that were brought up on stage will save this show as they are the leads, then I've must have been watching another AMC.  

I'm so impressed with Whoopi's comments for Thorsten and her admiration for his talent.    It would have been nice to see his peers stand up.   

All I will say is no TK then no Beverly not even if AM comes back, and as much as I adore AM, I don't think I can watch this show.   

Beverly

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.