Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
MSN article with both Lish & TK.

With the final days of "All My Children" on ABC airing this month, production has officially wrapped and the Pine Valley sets are being tucked away. Hopefully, all will return when the show moves to the internet in 2012, but Friday, Sept. 23, will be Pine Valley's final day on ABC. MSN TV was on set for one final visit before the cast was set free. Here's what Alicia Minshew (Kendall) and Thorsten Kaye (Zach) had to say about it all. "All My Children" airs weekdays on ABC.

Bing: Watch full episodes and clips of 'All My Children'

MSN TV: Seeing you together makes me want to sing, "Reunited and it feels so good."

Thorsten Kaye: That's an '80s song.

Alicia Minshew: I know. I was born!

Bing: More about 'All My Children'

Thorstenwhat is it like to come back to "All My Children" with the end drawing near?

Kaye: It's been great. It's nice to come back to see friends, and some people you don't like that much who you can't avoid. [laugh] It's fun to be part of the end game. I talked to Julie [Hanan Carruthers, executive producer] and said, "What's the plan? I'd love to part of it in some way," and I am, so it's good.

Minshew: I've seen so many people come and go. This one, Eva LaRue, Agnes Nixon, Carol Burnett. It's been fun for me, but I'm especially happy to have him back, selfishly, because I get to hang out with him and act with him.

How do you feel about the way things are wrapping up on screen?

Minshew: I care what happens with the character and I am happy for Kendall that her husband and the father of her children is back. Yes, I know, I started to fall for another guy…

Kaye: Which is weird to me, right? So you're husband dies. Love of your life. There's crying ... 

Minshew: You think he's dead!

Kaye: Hold on, hold on. There's Emmy nominations and, "Oh, what a great performance." On the way back, she's here putting her tongue into someone else? There's something strange about that. What is the commitment level? Am I wrong?

Minshew [laughing]: I know you're right.

Kaye: Mourn for a couple weeks!

Minshew: How long did I mourn? Like 9 months. In soaps, that's a long time.

Kaye: One commercial.

Minshew: But she hasn't made love to anybody, yet.

Could this go into a triangle?

Kaye: Would you like that, Kendall?

Minshew: I don't think it's necessary.

Kaye: But would you like it?

Minshew: I wouldn't hate it.

Kaye: See, that's what I'm talking about.

Minshew: But I'm a woman and there's two attractive men and--

Kaye: Most women are not like that. They like one man.

Minshew: If I could choose between anybody, I would of course want Zach and I'm happy that he's back. I don't know what they're going to do. There's still a few weeks left. Every time I open a script, I'm like, "What's going to happen?" I'm still waiting [to find out].

You guys have been through so much with all the confusion around the cancelation and pick up. How do these last weeks feel?  

Kaye: It feels a little rushed, but in a way, it's good. If you watch soaps -- and I have -- sometimes, it drags out a bit. Now they can't. It keeps moving, and I like that. Hopefully they learn something from that.

Minshew: Right, one thing after the other is happening, and you're not saying the same thing over and over again. There's progress, so I don't know how it's going to end.

You can't take anything too big, since the show is moving to the net, but is there anything on set you have your eye on as a keepsake from the ABC days?

Minshew: If it had strings, I'd love that piano.

Kaye: Tough to fit that into your purse.

Minshew: I'll have you help me lug it out.

Kaye: I'm not going to help you.

Minshew: What, it's just a piano!

Kaye: I think it all stays here. They're going to keep doing this, exactly here with these sets and hopefully, all the props.

Have you started talking about the going away party and your last day onset?

Minshew: Our last few days here is when it will all sink in. Right now, I'm just trying to learn my scripts, get through the day and just focus. When it gets down to the wire, maybe I will.

Kaye: In theater, you always have limited run and in the last week, it's weird. You get a huge high from getting to do this a few more times. The low comes when you're cleaning out your dressing room. That's coming, and that's not going to be fun.

Minshew: That's going to suck. I'm just going to say it in very classy, simple terms. I'm not going to enjoy that part.

Kaye: She's a crier.

Minshew: I am. Now that I'm a mom? Forget it. I'm the worst.

Kaye: You were always a crier.

Minshew: I was, but I'm even worse now.  It's deep.

What will you guys miss the most?

Minshew: The people, on a daily basis, for sure. Just seeing these faces, the camaraderie, talking to people and acting with them, and playing this character everyday with people that I love.

Kaye: Yeah, you'll miss the people and you can say, "We'll get together," like you do at the end of high school, and you never do. That's a bit of a bummer.

Do you have any message for fans?

Minshew: I would Just say thank you for being so supportive and amazing and watching our show and keeping us on the air as long as they have.

Kaye: And if and when this does go somewhere else, don't give up on it. Give it a shot.

"All My Children" airs weekdays on ABC through Friday, Sept. 23.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Thanks for posting this, Beverly, it's a nice read!

merckw

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Thank you never can kind these things!!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you so much Beverly - They really do great interviews all the time - Peggy

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for posting Bev

God I love those two.   Even in an interview you can feel the chemistry.

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I just love reading interviews with TK,   and Lish can sure hold her own with him!  They do have some wonderful chemistry, and their real-life friendship shines through. 
Thanks for posting this Bev!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Great interview...thanks for posting Beverly!!!  Have a great holiday weekend, everyone!    

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks for posting, Bev!  What an awesome interview - how much do I love the ying & yang between these two?!  It's a thing of beauty - their chemistry is just astronomical! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Great interview.THank you for posting this Beverly.TK is so funny loved his you were always a crier&I LOved when TK said don't give up on it give it a shot.I am Not giving up TK i will be watching.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for this one, Bev.   An especially good one.   Do you interpret TK's last remark as meaning that HE will be part of the "new version" of AMC? That one thing will determine my interest in the project.
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pah
Thanks for this one, Bev.   An especially good one.   Do you interpret TK's last remark as meaning that HE will be part of the "new version" of AMC? That one thing will determine my interest in the project.

I don't know if TK will continue on I HOPE he does.If it's filmed in LA i don't think he will. TK wants us  to not give up on the show once it's goes online hoping it does to give it a shot TK said.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

I'm not sure how to interpret his remark, but as for me & I'm sure all of the members of this board, we'll all definitely not give up on it, if he's going to be there!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

I'm not sure how to interpret his remark, but as for me & I'm sure all of the members of this board, we'll all definitely not give up on it, if he's going to be there!

Sharon, not sure either but agree I will never give up on TK.  I love the friendship/chemistry between the two.   Really missed his interviews.

Happy holiday weekend everyone, travel safe, I'm in Ohio visiting family, attending yes, my 35th class reunion today.   WOW.  Then more family then heading home.
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

I am not giving up on AMC once it's goes online if TK is there or not.But i think lots here won't watch if TK is not going to stay with AMC which i think he won't stay hope i am wrong.He only came back because AMC was ending&he was asked back&he wanted to be part of the ending i read.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
But i think lots here won't watch if TK is not going to stay with AMC.

That would be me!  My watching AMC online hinges on one very ruggedly handsome man and whether or not he decides to continue on it or not.  Just not interested in it without him ;-)  That's just the way I roll, lol.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
It looks like most of us are in the same boat.  TK stays, we stay.  TK leaves, we leave. Since the LA location was a big part of his decision to leave in the first place, I imagine he'll stick to that decision and NOT be part of this new venture.  JMO, of course.
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Quote:
That would be me!  My watching AMC online hinges on one very ruggedly handsome man and whether or not he decides to continue on it or not.  Just not interested in it without him ;-)  That's just the way I roll, lol.

I understand,it's not easy watching a show without our Ruggedy Handsome man on. Too cute about that's just the way I roll.lol.If TK, SL and lots of the cast don't stay it will be  like a whole new  AMC show a bunch of new people cast and it just won't be the same. I hate change,lol.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Thanks for posting this, Beverly, it's a nice read!

Thank you Beverly, IT gives me hope....TK seems to be optimistic and with that I have hope they will fire BF... He must know where the bodies are buried... I have a feeling...like TK that things arent settled yet...Alica dont cry yet...the fat lady hasnt sung yet...She can be heard fainly warming up..but personally Im Dropping ABC from my watch list....Even the View...WE WILL BRING  YOU BACK!!!
paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Quote:

I hate to say it....BUt Im with you...Zach keeps that show happening..it keeps me watching for those eyes....that wit...that smile ....geez Im gonna miss him...I hope his Manager is BUSY so we can see more of him...where ever he goes...
paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
this has given me inspiration to write another flaming epistle to ABC....Im not going to give up Zach and Kendell...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.