Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

oh for God's sake!!!   Kill Fusion!!!  That was embarrassing.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 

At least they didn't sing I Am Woman!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

OMG!  Thanks for starting this thread!  WTF was that shit?  What a waste of an episode.  Kathy, too funny...  you're right... at least they werent singing... I am woman.

Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I felt like I was watching a Fusion infomercial! I'm surprised Erica didn't show up hawking Youthful Essence...

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Well like I said in another thread what I watched today was NO different to what I had to go through when I went on a weekend employee Quality College.  We had to endure the same type of things our song was Bob Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll.  We had a all day team buiding thing where you climbed rock walls, climbed telephone polls to stand on top of a disk no bigger then your dinner plate, zip lines and last but not least fall back off a latter into waiting arms of your workmates.  When we were done with that we had team building stuff in class rooms which included dancing around and singing songs and brain storming.  Now this wasn't put on by a small company it was done by a huge corporation.  My husband even had to go through it.  So it may be stupid, but it really isn't unusal.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Well I felt that today's Fusion Gagfest was horribly insulting period!!

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy

Well like I said in another thread what I watched today was NO different to what I had to go through when I went on a weekend employee Quality College.  We had to endure the same type of things our song was Bob Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll.  We had a all day team buiding thing where you climbed rock walls, climbed telephone polls to stand on top of a disk no bigger then your dinner plate, zip lines and last but not least fall back off a latter into waiting arms of your workmates.  When we were done with that we had team building stuff in class rooms which included dancing around and singing songs and brain storming.  Now this wasn't put on by a small company it was done by a huge corporation.  My husband even had to go through it.  So it may be stupid, but it really isn't unusal.

And this, ladies, is why I went out on my own.  YIKES!!!  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy

Good grief!  That sounds eZachly like a scene out of Fusion. LOL  Its times like those that makes me glad I work for lawyers.  That kind of stuff never happens there.

Thanks Fil!
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamom05

Good grief!  That sounds eZachly like a scene out of Fusion. LOL  Its times like those that makes me glad I work for lawyers.  That kind of stuff never happens there.

LOL it was like a big weekend getaway at a posh resort with my nearest and dearest co-workers LOL NOT.

I remember one thing about it other then my legs are too short for rock climbing walls.. are the Kudo bars they had laying around.  That was the first I had them and they were nummy.

They don't do this particular session any longer, but it isn't unusual for companies to put on parties or weekends such as these, to get the people together for teambuilding sessions and brainstorming sessions. 

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I also remember sales conferences that were exactly like this, except they consisted of drinking heavily and smoking cigars and the song "Eye of the Tiger". Nothing like presenting to 200 hungover people the next day while I was hungover...

I actually enjoyed the past couple of days of Fusion scenes. Were they kind of silly? Yes. But for a change, the women were actually working and trying to get along, instead of just standing around and sniping at each other about their men. Even the bonding scene about sleepovers, was illuminating and kind of sweet.

I still have an overall problem of how their business is portrayed vs. Zach's, but I thought this was a distinct improvement over the Fusion days of yore, where Kendall and Simone were basically playing "Mean Girls" to poor little Babe.

And Greenlee was absolutely right - Simone would have LOVED yesterday. I missed her being there.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
How many of your coworkers' exes have you slept with? How many of your exes have your coworkers slept with? How many of your coworkers have slept with your current squeeze? How many of your coworkers' current squeezes have you have slept with? How many of your brothers have helped break up any of your coworkers' marriages? How many of your coworkers' brothers have set you up for poisoning your ex-boss? How many of your coworkers' ex-husbands have run over you in their car? Etc., etc., etc., and so forth...these were the thoughts swirling 'round my brain while watching the great green slumber party of 2007.

Reading these team building horror stories...JFC! I'm soooooooo glad I'm retired. Back in my working days I had to undergo some teambuilding crap (where I still regret not telling the asshole facilitator to stuff it), but never outside a conference room for crap's sake. What happens if you refuse to go rockwall climbing? IMO the teambuilding industry is a big racket preying on clueless and gullible "management."

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
How many of your coworkers' ex-husbands have run over you in their car?

Kathy, may I add.......... "that you are currently sleeping with, never mind, blackmailing for another crime?"

IMO, These ridiculous friendships/relationships would never exist in real world, as these crimes and misdemeanors would not easily be forgiven by the victims, even if not prosecuted!  But then again, we not only have Jonboy living at Wildwind, he casually talked about the mausoleum and the dead .  We had one of his victims marrying him and another victim allowing her child to play with him (That's because in PV, EVERYONE can get away with murder, but Zach gets prosecuted for sneezing in public)!

For me, the whole July 4th episode was more than I could take.  B_O_R_I_N_G!  Fusion environment and the way their business is conducted has never been professional or appealing, and no amount of team building can bring it to par.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 
Kendall has now gotten WAY more screen time in hers and Zach's new house with the Fusion back up singers than she ever has had with Zach!

There is something wrong with this picture and it goes way beyond the phony aura of team-building.

P.S. I flat out refused to participate in team building when they did anything that involved touching or being touched - no friggin way, except in case of emergency (and if my boss had ever expected me to even try to climb a pole, he would have been sitting on it!) and it didn't have any negative impact on my career whatsoever! (But I'm soooooooo glad I'm retired!!!)

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
  What happens if you refuse to go rockwall climbing? IMO the teambuilding industry is a big racket preying on clueless and gullible "management."

Well funny you should ask. If you couldn't do the wall or pole you didn't have to, but you did have to attend the sessions.  When I was back at this company in another division as a temporary part-time person.  I was told I had to attend another fricking Quality College thing again.  I said no I had enough already back at my old job. (3 others to be exact) Well I was told if I didn't attend this one, which wasn't an overnight thing but still a lot of time after hours. I wouldn't be able to be their temp, because it was a requirement of employment.  So I trudged to another one, so I had 4 quality college bonding sessions and haven't used it since I left that company 13 years ago.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.