Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi TK!!

I'm not sure if you will ever even see this, but I thought it might make me feel better if I put down in writing a thank you!!  I am not a person who writes fan mail, so I thought this would be the best place.

I basically wanted to thank you for giving us the character of Zach Slater.  I have watched soaps for many years and have loved and lost a ton of characters that I grew to love.  But there was something that YOU brought to Zach Slater that was just unique.  And you can beleive me when I tell you that I am not alone in the way that I feel.

You have managed to take millions of grown, mature, and I like to think, intelligent woman and make them believe that Zach is real.  How did you do that??  My own family thinks I'm a little nuts!!  LOL!!

But what I really wanted you to know is that how we feel about Zach Slater has absolutely nothing do to with anything AMC put out there . . . it was all YOU.  Your amazing acting ability has done this.  You managed to take some pretty bad scripts and turn them into gold.  And I thank you for that.

In my very busy life I found such relaxing enjoyment watching Zach and talking about Zach.  I will miss that.

So, in the end, I would just like you to know that I wish only the best for you and your family.  I wish great things for you.  Please know, I will follow you anywhere you go, but the selfish part of me will always wish for Zach to come back.

Take care,

June

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Part of Original post by June: I basically wanted to thank you for giving us the character of Zach Slater.  I have watched soaps for many years and have loved and lost a ton of characters that I grew to love.  But there was something that YOU brought to Zach Slater that was just unique.  And you can beleive me when I tell you that I am not alone in the way that I feel.

Thorsten,
You are surely aware of the number of fans that you have? I am one of which June refers to in her post. I have been an admirer of your work since 1995 and I have truly enjoyed each character you have portrayed.
The character 'Zach Slater' you have honned expertly, bringing to life the very essese of the man. I shall always have a place in my heart for Zach!! and I shall cherish all my memories of him.
Thank You.

Thank you June for starting this thread

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Well, my daughter thinks my line "I will follow you anywhere you go" sounds a little creepy and stalkerish so let me clarify . . . "I will follow your career wherever it may take you."

Better Angela??

June

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thorsten, June couldn't have said it better. I have posted many times to express my respect for your talent and my love for both you and the irresistable living breathing Zach Slater that you created. This is redundant but I can't say it loud enough or often enough. You and Zach literally took over my life..... enriched it, changed it, and became a vital part of it forever.  I pray that we will see you again, but if you  need to do otherwise, I wish you every happiness. Missing you hurts a lot (understatement!!!!), but I will always feel you with me because my heart just can't let you go.    Love.....always....no mattter what.   Pat

zks

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I just want to "ditto" everything said by jam, mandy and pah.

I have never been invested in a character as I have the character of Zach Slater.  He will always be my favorite.

Thorsten, you will truly be missed.  I can only hope you will return some time.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Oh June, thank you so much for starting this thread!  I ditto everything you, Pah and Mandy said.  I hope Mr. Kaye DOES READ our posts these days, I would like him to know how very much we have loved Zach, how very much we will continue to love Zach, and how very much we appreciate his work, his magic, his talent.  It was a joy to have known Zach Slater, and it was a privilege to have watched the master of his art bring such perfection to this character that it blurred the line between fiction and reality at times!  The passion that we felt when we watched Zach, the way our hearts ached when he was in pain, the way our spirits soared when he had a moment of joy, it was all too real, but only because of the talented actor who portrayed Zach with such perfection.  We wish Mr. Kaye and his family all the best always!  There is only one Zach Slater, the one that Mr. Kaye brought to our screens, entered our hearts and made a permanent home there! 

The needy, selfish part of me still holds out hope that our beloved Zach will come back one day soon!  But then again, I would love to see Mr. Kaye in other bigger, better projects and give us new characters to fall in love with (Can't wait to meet "Joe").  Like June said, I will follow you anywhere you go!

Dolly

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I can't believe I didn't come here earlier to add my thoughts. Well, I'm here now.
I wish you well. I have so enjoyed you on AMC, that I now find myself unable to watch the show. I don't kid myself that they care I'm not watching, but it does give me some sense of  retribution as to their treatment of you and Zen and the whole damn world. Unfortunately, it also means that I can't support Alisha Minshew, whom I also adore, and that makes me sad. But I'm less than enthused about what is going to happen, and if not participating is the only weapon I have, well then AMC: en garde!

I told you earlier (on this board) that I was hugely enamored of your work. Well, that still remains a fact, and I'm glad of it. I hope you end up somewhere I can continue to enjoy your efforts. I really do. But if you don't; if you feel the need to do something new and maybe less stressful, my wish for you is simple fulfillment. Time to do things that are satisfying, maybe bring in a dollar or two. Time to spend with family.

My best to you and yours. My promise not to drool if I see you in an airport is still valid.

Pav

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.