Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Go, Cam! Two points up from the last two weeks and a definite improvement in his dancing. I love watching the improvement over the course of the season in all the dancers.

I giggled at the shout out to Clark Kent and Superman at the beginning. I like a fast-paced tango... here's hoping he gets another week to show this improvement in a Latin dance next week.

(Too bad someone else wasn't walking down the hallway when they were filming at AMC.)

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
jan987

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Good Job Cameron!

I noticed that Bob Guiney was sitting in back of Vanessa, wondering if Rebecca was there also?

Voted my 30

Jan E
kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

I thought Cam was really good and I loved the Clark Kent glasses!  He is really improving every week!

Nice tango!               Kathy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Way to go, Cameron!  I think the judges made some unfair decisions with some of the stars with their votes.  I thought Cameron at least deserved 3 8s!!!

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Good job Cam!!!! A definite improvement over last week, he is so funny, he makes me laugh. Jane Seymour made me cry, she was so brave to come back so soon.
I cant say anymore about the dancing or else you'll all hate me.!!!!

Take care,
Enis

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
The glasses were a cute touch. Finally broke the 7 barrier! Yay!

I'm sure we were all thinking the same thing when they showed the studio (the second thought was what a bunch of crap it is that Ryan has his own jet).

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Good job Cam!!!! A definite improvement over last week, he is so funny, he makes me laugh. Jane Seymour made me cry, she was so brave to come back so soon.

Take care,
Enis

Enis, something tells me that whatever you're thinking,  you've got plenty of company (g).

thebeebs128

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Would somebody please tell little ole stupid me how the hell anyone can be expected to dance a serious tango to Sonny and Cher???? For me, the music is half the performance and "drums keep soundin' a'rhythm to the brain" just don't cut it in the Latin dance department..........'splain it to me , Desi....

oh..........and great job, Cam! (G'bye Wayne)
zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Cam,

You did an awesome job tonight!!!  JOLLY WELL DONE OLD CHAP!!!!   I'm proud of ya.

-Zachstruck

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Hi!  Did anyone else have this problem?  DWTS was pre-empted for the Monday Night Football Game.  I tried to phone in votes at 1:30 a.m., after Cam danced, and the phone message said that my time zone was closed and to vote online.  I voted my 40 votes online but wanted to vote my 10 by phone.  Was I supposed to vote at the normal time even though the couples hadn't been shown yet?

I thought Cameron did wonderfully tonight and the judges should've given him at least 8's all down the line.  He gets better every week and has a great attitude about it all!

Maria
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:

Take care,
Enis

Enis - I'd LOVE to hear your commentary!

I actually think the judges have gone soft with their numbers - there were a lot of 9s out there that I don't think were deserved.  Most improved would be Mark Cuban - he looks like he's taken 20 pounds off at least in the past 3 weeks!  (Note to self:  take up ballroom...)

I think Cam did really, really well but I prefer a more passionate tango.  I wonder who was more "star struck" when Edyta hit the studio - her or the AMCers? 

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Enis, I'd love to hear your commentary as well. You definately know ballroom, and aren't being paid by the network, so I think your comments would be very interesting.

This is the first season that I have actually watched DWTS. In the past I have watched a show now and then, but this season there are two contestants that I "know", Cam and Mark Cuban (Way to go on the weight loss Mark!) so I find it very interesting. I think most of them are showing an improvement every week, and that makes the show very enjoyable to watch.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Way to go, Clark!!...er, Cam!!!!  Glad to see you're making it fun!  Keep up the good work.  I think they should tape more rehearsals at the AMC studio...you never know who might just drop by for a dance lesson!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Nice job Cam!!  Loved the CK humor!  And you got all 30 of my votes!  I'm still dreaming about a party!!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
CAM GOT RIPPED OFF!

The tango that he and Edyta did was awesome. He had great foot work. He has improved alot. At least his scores are going up from everyone except Len.
The strange part is Len said that Cam reminded him of himself. Wouldn't you think you would give him better scores??
I too was hoping to see another AMC star hanging out watching Cam dance.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Cameron was great, and I noticed a big improvement over last week.  He looked so much more relaxed, and that made a big difference. 

It was funny to see the brief shot of Zendall's living room from behind the camera.  I wonder if we will ever get a set for any other room in that house?

All my votes are in!
Kari

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #17 
I don't understand why the judges consistently under-award Cam... I really think he does better than a few of those other dancers who are getting 9's.

I love watching Cam improve every week, though!  His natural charisma and exuberance are really starting to shine through; that first week he was just too nervous to be himself (I wanted to give him a hug that night and tell him to relax!)

GO CAM!!!
thebeebs128

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Yes! Yes! Yes! Our man will dance another round!!!!!

Fitnessmaven1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Cameron made it!!  I knew the fans would come through.    I do think Jennie Garth did a nice job this week too!

Maria

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari
I don't understand why the judges consistently under-award Cam... I really think he does better than a few of those other dancers who are getting 9's.

I love watching Cam improve every week, though!  His natural charisma and exuberance are really starting to shine through; that first week he was just too nervous to be himself (I wanted to give him a hug that night and tell him to relax!)

GO CAM!!!

I don't know who you're referring to in saying Cam is better than the "other dancers who are getting 9's" but I think that Sabrina deserves her 9's. She is awesome!  Helio, who I think is also another high-scorer, deserves his scores as well. He is very good - a fast learner I would say since he has no dancing background, that I know of, unlike Sabrina, who does.  Cam, I think for someone who has no dance experience and has had to fit in his practicing in between AMC and whatever else he has going on, has held his own.  Its gonna start getting tough for the ones who have no dance background and/or are not fast learners or have two left feet. LOL  I say -- may the best dancer win!  Isn't that what this show is all about?

Thanks Fil!
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

You're right Sandi, it will only get tougher in the weeks to come.  I think Cam is showing improvement every week, as are most of the others with no dance background.  They do seem to all be having a very good time and I think that is one reason they are so much fun to watch.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #22 
Yay Cam!!! I think he is safe for awhile, though. The casualties are mounting in predictable order.

Did anyone else notice "Amelia Cambias" in the commercial for the online dating service?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

DWTS is a fun show!!! voting for Cam is easy to do  as he has worked hard and deserves it!! Helio is fun to watch - he is so little and  wiggly  and I like Mark    however, the winner might just end up to be Sabrina or Mel or Jane Seymour . these ladies seem to have it all. 

Just saw an ad and Cam will be on LIVE with Regis tomorrow..

Ande
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

I have a couple of gripes about DWTS, The music is awful and I dont mean the orchestra, but the choice if music. Music is part of the dance, it is supposed to inspire you and the audience. If I didn't hear the announcer say which dance they would be doing, I wouldn't know by the music or the steps because they dont do any basics steps anymore, and this crap about throwing your partner around and sliding all over the place, that just goes with the skimpy outfits. Sorry I sound old fashioned.
I have nothing but praise for the contestants, they work so hard and give it their all, I feel sorry for them because they are jumping in in the middle, but then there's no time to learn.

I had a thought about Cam getting low scores, do you remember when Kelly Monaco won, she was good, but she also got the most votes. People complained and said that John Hurley should have won, and they had a replay. I'm wondering with my devious mind, if they were deliberately keeping Cam's scores low to compensate so they dont have to have a replay. They shouldn't do that as its not fair, but then its not fair to other dancers who dont have a fan base. Damned if you do and damned it you dont.

I wont even mention posture, leg lines and footwork (you know, the basics).
They all look wonderful from the waist up, which is where  most people look.

This is from Brian, in ballroom dancing the man is supposed to be the "frame", the woman is the "picture". The male dancer is supposed to show off his partner not himself. How the hell you're supposed to do that when the man is the one competing, (that was me).

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Quote:

I have a couple of gripes about DWTS, The music is awful and I dont mean the orchestra, but the choice if music. Music is part of the dance, it is supposed to inspire you and the audience. If I didn't hear the announcer say which dance they would be doing, I wouldn't know by the music or the steps because they dont do any basics steps anymore, and this crap about throwing your partner around and sliding all over the place, that just goes with the skimpy outfits. Sorry I sound old fashioned.
I have nothing but praise for the contestants, they work so hard and give it their all, I feel sorry for them because they are jumping in in the middle, but then there's no time to learn.

Enis, I couldn't agree with you more about the music. I specifically want to say something about the tango. The tango is one of the most sensual of dances. I guess at this point I'm going to reveal my age, because it is my favorite of all ballroom dances and in my younger days I was rather good at it.  I was shocked when Cam came out with his partner and they started to play what they called a tango. It had no resemblance whatsoever, not even in rhythm. A tango elicits a lot of passion and the music is so important for the dancers to be able to present that passion to the audience. Cam did very well under the circumstances. IMO the music was more of a detriment than enhancement to his performance.

Good job Cam!

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 

I hate to be so cynical, but I'll bet they pick the music based on demographics and ratings rather than what's best for the dance.

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva

Quote:

Enis, I couldn't agree with you more about the music. I specifically want to say something about the tango. The tango is one of the most sensual of dances. I guess at this point I'm going to reveal my age, because it is my favorite of all ballroom dances and in my younger days I was rather good at it.  I was shocked when Cam came out with his partner and they started to play what they called a tango. It had no resemblance whatsoever, not even in rhythm. A tango elicits a lot of passion and the music is so important for the dancers to be able to present that passion to the audience. Cam did very well under the circumstances. IMO the music was more of a detriment than enhancement to his performance.

Good job Cam!

I agree Diva.  My parents are both born and raised in Argentina, where tango music is...like their national anthem, LOL.  I was watching the music playing for the tango dancers, and said the same thing...I never heard that version of a tango at my house.  Funny thing is Lexy went to Argentina for the summer vacation and she learned the Tango and as a result, her teacher assigned her teaching the Tango to her class as a "Hispanic Heritage" project and they have to perform it -- she said to me the other nite -- "mom, what is that?  That music is not what I know as the "tango" and the dancing they do doesn't look anything like the tango I do."

Thanks Fil!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.