Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
CowGirlK

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Ladies I have not posted in quite some time.  I found out I have breast cancer and as you can imagine, it has not been easy.

But, my question is since I cannot go to the book signing because it is sold out and I will be on Chemo, I have made a calligraphy in a frame of one of my favorite Thorsten poems from the book and I would like to give it to Thorsten in appreciation for his work.

I was originally  going to just send it to ABC but I wonder if he would actually ever receive it. 

My question is, is there a better way? Would I be able to send it to someone who is going to the signing and would be gracious enough to present it to him for me?

This may not be the route to go.  As always, you ladies are smart and know the best way.  Please advise

Thank you most sincerely

K

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowGirlK

Ladies I have not posted in quite some time. I found out I have breast cancer and as you can imagine, it has not been easy.

But, my question is since I cannot go to the book signing because it is sold out and I will be on Chemo, I have made a calligraphy in a frame of one of my favorite Thorsten poems from the book and I would like to give it to Thorsten in appreciation for his work.

I was originally going to just send it to ABC but I wonder if he would actually ever receive it.

My question is, is there a better way? Would I be able to send it to someone who is going to the signing and would be gracious enough to present it to him for me?

This may not be the route to go. As always, you ladies are smart and know the best way. Please advise

Thank you most sincerely

K

I'm so sorry about what you've been going through and sending good vibes your way...but don't worry, Thorsten will get your gift if you send it to him at the studio.

He's requested no gifts at the booksigning, anyway - or if anyone would like to buy him a gift, donate the cost to the charity of your choice instead.

In the case of handmade gifts which are priceless - please send them to him at the studio.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

I'm so sorry for you news!!  My prayers are with you.  That is awfully sweet of you to think of someone else at this time in your life.  It brings tears to my eyes with your generosity.  That in itself should be your strength to pull through this terrible time.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you for well wishes.  It looks as though it was caught in time so hopefully all be well.  I am keeping positive. 

Christy thank you for the advice, I will send it to the studio.

You are all wonderful ladies (and if there are any gentlemen you as well) and it is always a joy to come in here when I can and read about my favorite guys!

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:

Ladies I have not posted in quite some time.  I found out I have breast cancer and as you can imagine, it has not been easy.

I was originally  going to just send it to ABC but I wonder if he would actually ever receive it. 

This may not be the route to go.  As always, you ladies are smart and know the best way.  Please advise

Thank you most sincerely

K

K, I'm so sorry for what you've been going through, and hope that things are getting better for you, I'll keep you in my thoughts,

Take care,

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:

Thank you most sincerely

K

K, I am so sorry for what you have been going through too,you will be in my thoughts&prayers too.big HUGS.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

K my luv---my thoughts and prayers are with you hon.

What a beautiful gift for TK.

Be strong and keep positive thoughts.

Fil

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

K, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  With today's medical advances, I am sure you will get the best care and come out ok.  Key is that it was caught early.

Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

K, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know it is a very difficult road that you are walking, but know also that there are many women who walked before you that are with you in spirit as you face this trial. My thoughts and best wishes are with you through this difficult time.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
southernbelle

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 

I am so sorry to hear about your trouble.  My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 57.  Today she is 83 years young and going strong!  Keep positive thoughts and know that prayers will be offered for your swift recovery.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 

K, sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  Realize that many women before you have had to walk this same road and have survived.  Early detection and a positive attitude are essential.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 

My prayers are with you also. 

Chemo is not easy, please remember there are alot of people who will be there for you. 

Kim

Salad and parsley, are for moms to stay thinner...Thorsten Kaye

LOVE LIFE...Tami Evans Foster

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened" author unknown
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

My prayers are with you also - When my husband underwent chemo we found that drinking lots of SlimFast did the trick - they recommended Ensure and he did not like that - but Slimfast was ok - just a hint to try if you need it- Good luck

Ande
Trigger

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Stay strong--be positive and be assured many of us will hold you in our prayers for a full recovery.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Very sorry to hear what you are going through.  Like another poster said . . . at least you caught it early.  That is the key and also positive thinking.  I really believe in that.  My thoughts are with you and your family and postive that you will beat this!!!!!  June

Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

CowGirlK....I too had cancer last year and had major surgery and then radiation. I know how much you are suffering right now and I send my prayers for courage, strength and healing. I am going to the booksigning and I will be thinking of you and sending thoughts of Thorsten's "light".

Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

CowGirlK, I'm new to the board, but in the short period of time I have been a member, I have noticed the warm relationship among you all even though most of you probably have never met. It is interesting how TK and Zach his alter ego have been the catalysts for this unique friendship.

Please accept my best thoughts and wishes for your recovery. When health problems are involved it is always an uphill battle, but the love and best wishes of family and friends, and especially those which you find here, will hopefully help you recover quickly. Please add mine to that.

tkaddicted

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

CowGirlK, you're tough and you can do this.  How could you not, with your strength, the support of your family and friends added to the strength and support of all the women on this board, how could you lose.  My prayers are with you--you will win!

Thanks for the banner, Diva!
Roseann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

CowGirlK, You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Just try to  take it one day at a time. 

Roseann

hookedonzendall

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #20 

hi my name is Ruth

don't post very often but i had to on this. i had breast cancer in 1999, did not have to have chemo, just radiation for 6 weeks. i am very healthy now and no signs of cancer.

with all the progress they have made since i had it i just know you will be fine and you will be able to go to the next TK event. you hang in there and my prayers are with you.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

We all speak frequently about how lucky we are to know an actor like Thorsten Kaye.  We are.  He's truly unique.

But he too is lucky to have fans like you.  If I were an actor, I wouldn't want any other kind of fan.

You will survive.  You're selflessness and generousity will bring you through.

Stay Strong!

-Zachstruck.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
 GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.