Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Every time I ponder the blackout -- which seems to be more than I want to lately -- I am reminded of an old fairytale my grandmother used to read to me called The Old Woman and her Pig.

If you're not familiar with it, the woman found a sixpence while cleaning house and decided to go to market and buy a pig with it. Everything went well until the pig refused to cross a stile leading to her home and she would not get home that night. The woman, being the resourceful type, turned to various animals, people and things to help her gain her objective... but being similar to Greenlee, Ryan and Annie, they refused to go along. Until she met a cat who agreed to help her on the condition that she gave him some fresh cream from the cow who was only too happy to oblige if the woman would give her some fresh hay. The old woman did as she was asked and the chain reaction started by her kindness went something like this:

The old woman brought the hay to the cow. As soon as the cow ate the hay, she gave the old woman her milk. The old woman gave a saucer of milk to the cat. As soon as the cat lapped up the milk, the cat began to kill the rat; the rat began to gnaw the rope; the rope began to hang the butcher; the butcher began to kill the ox; the ox began to drink the water; the water began to quench the fire; the fire began to burn the stick; the stick began to beat the dog; the dog began to bite the pig; the pig in fright jumped over the stile and the old woman got home that night.

With that tale in mind... think about all the events that have led to today's episode of All My Children:

Ryan believed he was Chris Stamp's son until he found out the truth from Erica.
Ryan's brother Jonathon killed and hurt many people, and Ryan "killed" him.
Ryan believe he shouldn't have children because of his family.
Greenlee decided Ryan needed a baby to prove he was good.
Ryan joined a fight club.
Greenlee tried to trick Ryan into making her pregnant.
Ryan had a vasectomy.
Greenlee stole Ryan's sperm and got inseminated.
Ryan tried to hurt Greenlee when she told him she was pregnant.
ZACH stopped Ryan from hurting Greenlee.
Ryan tried to kill himself on the motorcycle.
ZACH tried to rescue Ryan from the water.
Ryan decided to fake his death.
ZACH tried to get Ryan to go back to his wife and get help.
Ryan decided to run away.
ZACH hid the fact that Ryan was alive to protect Greenlee.
Greenlee had a miscarriage.
Kendall offered to carry a baby for Greenlee.
ZACH tried to stop Kendall from carrying Greenlee's baby.
Kendall got pregnant with her own baby.
Ryan came back to Greenlee.
Greenlee found out it was Kendall's baby and ran away.

Yet this is all supposed to be ZACH's fault?

But if Zach hadn't helped Ryan fake his death, would he have beaten up Greenlee and caused a miscarriage anyway? If Zach hadn't engineered the blackout, would Kendall have survived giving the child she carried to Greenlee? Would Kendall have found love and a family? Would Ryan have found his current wife and daughter?

In the fairy tale... if the cat and the cow hadn't help the old woman, no one else would have worked to get that pig over the stile and she would still be sitting on the side of the road.

In Pine Valley... if Zach hadn't helped Ryan, Greenlee and Kendall, everything that happened would have been so much worse. As it stands now, the woman who manipulated everyone and put the events into motion with her narcissistic behavior is the only one who is miserable and alone -- if Zach hadn't intervened, he would be alone, Kendall would be alone, Annie would be alone and probably even Ryan would be alone. Because no one could live up to Greenlee's impossible standards or expectations.

It is beyond time for everyone else to get down on their knees and thank Zach for who he is and what he's done... because none of them would have any life at all without his help.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri
In Pine Valley... if Zach hadn't helped Ryan, Greenlee and Kendall, everything that happened would have been so much worse. As it stands now, the woman who manipulated everyone and put the events into motion with her narcissistic behavior is the only one who is miserable and alone -- if Zach hadn't intervened, he would be alone, Kendall would be alone, Annie would be alone and probably even Ryan would be alone. Because no one could live up to Greenlee's impossible standards or expectations.

It is beyond time for everyone else to get down on their knees and thank Zach for who he is and what he's done... because none of them would have any life at all without his help.

A-fucking-men.

And it's about time that Zach stops being a gentleman and putting up with other people putting their hands on him - and stop their outrageous finger-pointing at him.  I want Zach to become the man of action that he was when he rolled into Pine Valley - and kick some serious ass.  Remember how he punched the crap out of Ryan in a bar?  I want that Zach back.

I want the Zach who does quiet, behind-the-scenes manipulation back.  I want the Zach who takes no shit from anyone back.

Looks like tomorrow I may get my wish.  Go, Zach!  And take a forge-hot poker with you... you may have an opportunity with Ryan's face that you don't want to miss.

Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Amen and Hallelujah! 

susa

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Cheri, I agree with all you said but here is a comment a little off topic and I recognize that it is a little off the wall: Many of us have been clamoring for Zach to have a male buddy - Tad, Aiden, some even suggest Ryan? What if Zach's male buddy turned out to be Greenlee. I know that she is being unbearable right now but in the past even when they disliked each other, they seemed to respect each other. for example when Ryan went over the cliff, before Zach knew that Ryan was alive he told Greenlee that she was an intelligent woman and that the operation was no longer rescue but recovery. or when he tried to convince her to tell Ryan about the baby. Wouldn't it be nice if he had a friendship with Greenlee and it ended up excluding Kendall (rather than Kendall and Greenlee's friendship excluding Zach). She could talk to him about Josh and Ryan. They could behave with each other like male buddies.
On the show "The Office" , it seems to me, they tried to do the gender reversal thing with the relationship between Michael and Jan.
Anyway I think it would be more fun then this Kendall /Greenlee friends forever nonsense - As many of you have said the idea that anyone would trade their spouse for this whiny friend is absurd.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

A-fucking-men.

And it's about time that Zach stops being a gentleman and putting up with other people putting their hands on him - and stop their outrageous finger-pointing at him.  I want Zach to become the man of action that he was when he rolled into Pine Valley - and kick some serious ass.  Remember how he punched the crap out of Ryan in a bar?  I want that Zach back.

I want the Zach who does quiet, behind-the-scenes manipulation back.  I want the Zach who takes no shit from anyone back.

Looks like tomorrow I may get my wish.  Go, Zach!  And take a forge-hot poker with you... you may have an opportunity with Ryan's face that you don't want to miss.

Gina, I have missed THAT ZACH since the day after the B/O, because he has changed so much since then.  I want the scary, quiet and lethal side of Zach to reappear and kick some Lavery ass. 

Granny

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Every time I ponder the blackout -- which seems to be more than I want to lately -- I am reminded of an old fairytale my grandmother used to read to me called The Old Woman and her Pig.
Well put Cheri. 

I think this is what has most of us so frustrated after the show.  I had hoped with the new writers, we would be getting better stories.  It ain't happening.

Thanks, Sharon, for putting Zach and Kendall in my backyard. Thanks, Karen, for attaching this to my posts.
JennZ

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:

I have nothing concrete to add, just . . .

Gera

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 

word. lol

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

I agree Cheri and Gina, I want the old Zach back too, he's being too polite and quiet. Of course I'll take him any way I can get him, but I want him to stick up for himself (which I'm sure he will eventually).

Take care,
Enis

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.