Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 

THORSTEN HAS NOT BEEN NOMINATED FOR OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DAYTIME SOAP - This cannot be right, I must have not heard it correct!!!! please someone tell me I am wrong...

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I am beyond LIVID!!

I don't even know what to say!!

*&(*^&%^%***)()^*&%*&%  BASTARDS!!

June

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

That is the craziest thing EVER!!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy, I wish I could tell you that you heard it wrong   Honestly, other than Peter Bergman (lead), Michelle Stafford (lead), Billy Miller (supporting), and Jonthan Jackson (supporting), I don't see how anyone on the list is even worthy of being nominated, let alone win!

TK has earned his emmy with every damn performance for the last six years as Zach, and his prior years as Patrick and Ian.  But we all know, there is something seriously wrong with TFIC    at Emmys! 

In my eyes, TK IS THE WINNER, ALWAYS!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Why would they start being real and fair now?  The best and only way to reply to this is to not watch it.  That is the only way to reply.  Just like the soap magazines, if the cover turns you off don't buy the magazine.  It is just that simple.  I think the ratings for One Life are improving as people think that TK may be on there soon.  Take a good look at One Life either above AMC or gaining on AMC depending on the rating category.  We all know why they are not watching AMC.  Peggy

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Just no words.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 

I don't get this shit at all.  Well excuse me in advance but they must have a fucking bunch of idiots that call these shots.  Well fuck them all............Tk will have his day and maybe in a much larger time and place.  I am beyond words besides disgusting vulgarity the likes I wouldn't post here.  I feel bad and my poor Mom will flip.  Never knew much about this man at all but really took a shine to him and got to know some of the people here and like them a whole lot.  Things will be OK.

Megan
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

It has ALWAYS been a joke and I have never put much stock in it.   WE know whose good and whose not and maybe that's one of the reasons NO ONE WATCHES THE EMMY'S.

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 

I never really watched this shit either until last year and that was mainly because of the Sesame Street 40th anniversary.  I grew up with it and so is my children and we made a little party out of it.  ( we never need much to throw a party ).  My Mom waited and waited with such anticipation for this man to get his award and was she pissed off.  At the time we found it funny but I started to watch the show more often and really saw something in him that was unique and I am not easily swayed and it was not his good looks ( though he has them OK ) there is just something there almost like an untapped well.  Ah what's the use what is done is done but it truly sucks.

Maybe he just too good to be in this sham that is considered oh so prestigious.  Looking back at many of these award shows how many times have excellent directors, actors etc.  been completely overlooked for years when it comes Oscar time.  Particulary directors, some of whom are nothing less than geniuses and were so when they were young men, completely overlooked.  I fully believe that many deserving are also equally honored but there is no rhyme or reason sometimes how these things come about.  IMO go to Broadway or even off-Broadway atleast those communties embrace talented people.  

Megan
amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Is there an exploding head icon?

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
    UNBEFREAKINLIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcgirl

Is there an exploding head icon?

Explode.gif

This seemed like an appropriate time to plaguerize one!

I love you Big Daddy!

We know the difference between substance and fluff and we can see the Emmy's for what they are.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Seriously, based on how they've chosen their winners in the past....most notably last year, I think it was, when they didn't have time to watch all the submission tapes and admitted as much...I'm not sure this is a bad thing.  TK is ALWAYS the winner to me and the rest of his MANY adoring fans.  So fuck the Emmys.   I won't be attending and I won't be watching. 

Thanks Fil!
mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Thanks ladies for giving me the truth.... I AM SO PISSED! I FEEL EMPTY INSIDE AND NAUSEOUS.

Thorsten you are in our hearts and always will be. You 'SHINE' in our eyes bigger and brighter than any BLOODY EMMY AWARD!!

Sorry I have to go and cry!!!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy

THORSTEN HAS NOT BEEN NOMINATED FOR OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DAYTIME SOAP - This cannot be right, I must have not heard it correct!!!! please someone tell me I am wrong...

For some reason, this doesn't really bother me much.  Award shows now days are a sham.  Talent really has little to do with anything. 

Look at what is out there whether it be TV, movies, or music.  Somebody name someone out there now who will be remembered for a remarkable performance in ten years.  IMHO there isn't anyone. 

We are still however, after more than ten years still talking about Thorsten Kaye.  I've said this before - what is out there is cooke-cutter.  Anyone can replace anyone.  And everyone is replaceable.  With that said, name ONE actor who could step in to Zach Slater's shoes?  Just one! 

Cary Grant never won an Academy Award, so I consider Thorsten Kaye in good company.
mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks Jennifer for bringing me back to earth!!!
you are so very right.. THORSTEN has a unique presence. In a category all of his own, he will forever be truly GREAT! and receiving or not receiving an award will never change that.

TK will always and forever be in my heart

Mandy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
GREAT post Jennifer!!

As someone who loves Cary Grant . . . I didn't know that . . . and now I feel a tad better.

I'm pretty sure I'll still be talking about TK 10 years from now.

June

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Before my time but got very into him in college Richard Burton never won an Oscar.  It's a new day with better things to come. What the people here display support wise, appreciation wise is worth more than a dust collector atleast from where I am sitting.

Megan
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.